PDA

View Full Version : Will This Version Be Broken?

KaosAngel
09-15-2010, 04:22 AM
I've been hearing a lot about how Capcom games get no DLC and play worse on PC...I'm trying to save money, and not pick this up for the PS3.

I already see the PC version won't get the pre-order items and the items in the CE, so I'm worried this version will be the black sheep and be the worst out of all of them.

Did Capcom report anything about this version?

Scared
09-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Capcom developed ports usually perform good (see DMC4 and RE5) but this game isn't being developed by Capcom. I don't hold much hope for this port being overly good.

P1X3L
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Capcom developed ports usually perform good (see DMC4 and RE5) but this game isn't being developed by Capcom. I don't hold much hope for this port being overly good.

Capcom has bought The Blue Castle or whatever that company is called.

thefreeman0001
09-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Capcom has bought The Blue Castle or whatever that company is called.

ooo thats good at first i was a bit :o but if capcom has the helm of this company then i guess its cool :cool:

Seronx
09-15-2010, 02:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Front_Office_Manager

Only game they made for the PC

They are old EA Games <--- ya when EA Games was EA Games

Rogersdead
09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
At least give them a chance to see what the PC version is like. I'm sure Capcom wouldn't just let some nobody company ruin a very lucrative game series. Infact key members of the original team did work with Blue Castle on the project so i'm sure the core game will be very good.

It's a shame that more and more people will judge a game on what DLC is available or what extras they will get when pre-ordering. On the other hand when a game does anounce DLC so close to a release of the main game loads of people will complain that it should of been in the game to start with (see Mafia 2)

Can't please all of the people all of the time...

Seronx
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
At least give them a chance to see what the PC version is like. I'm sure Capcom wouldn't just let some nobody company ruin a very lucrative game series. Infact key members of the original team did work with Blue Castle on the project so i'm sure the core game will be very good.

It's a shame that more and more people will judge a game on what DLC is available or what extras they will get when pre-ordering. On the other hand when a game does anounce DLC so close to a release of the main game loads of people will complain that it should of been in the game to start with (see Mafia 2)

Can't please all of the people all of the time...

I don't care about DLCs
I JUST WANT MY GOD DAMN EXPANSION PACKS BACK :(

Rogersdead
09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't care about DLCs
I JUST WANT MY GOD DAMN EXPANSION PACKS BACK :(

Yea expansion packs were great. Immortal Throne for Titan Quest was an amazing example of what they once were. Brimming full of goodness.

But don't fret too much, while we know most DLC these days is useless extra items, costumes, multiplayer map packs etc there still are some good ones about.
Take the DLC for Borderlands for example. The Secret Armory of General Knox is 12+ solid hours of new game with countless improvements and extras that is easily worth the title of expansion even though it cost just 6 and is called DLC...

Anyway someone above mentioned Dead Rising 2's devs being bought out by Capcom. Here's the story http://kotaku.com/5638626/capcom-likes-dead-rising-2-dev-so-much-they-buy-them

It kinda reminds me of the story of Polish devs People can Fly (The creator of the original and by far the best Painkiller) who were bought out by Epic Games after seeing what the copany could do when they contacted Epic for using the Unreal engine for their next project. They saw a demo, bought the company and gave them the job of porting Gears of War to the PC, including developing the extra content. And they did a good job imo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Can_Fly