PDA

View Full Version : MultiplayeR? someoen confirm?

Masacru
09-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Someone that got the game please confirm, how many servers are there and if so are they populated? Let's say at least 10 mp servers ? I'm from Europe by the way

Reaper1337
09-16-2010, 01:36 PM
me and a mate got this, DLing atm, even if there not much in the way of servers, we will just play it with a LANmod program. its only 3 :P

Neovan
09-16-2010, 02:06 PM
around 150 people in multiplayer now.

Anasasis
09-16-2010, 09:47 PM
There are far more people playing v1.0 of the game. Steam automatically updates to v1.1 so search for the version switcher on Google if you want to play with more people. The US community is totally dead in v1.0 however.

cheeriokilla
09-17-2010, 01:12 AM
This game sucks in every way. Servers have the ability to put bots in multiplayer, why would you want to play against bots on multi? that's what singleplayer is for... and then you have the single player campaign that's REALLY SHORT, non-challenging gameplay. For multi you'll have a very hard time finding a server that's not full with bots, so basically it has no multiplayer, the hero classes are OP and boring to use (I'd rather play jedi knight multi for that) and it overall sucks, I'd be more tempted to buy Battlefront 1 than this since it at least didn't feature the heroes. But then again I gave away my retail copies of Battlefront 1 and 2 since they suck... Wouldn't want to screw anyone over charging them for that piece of crap

Forver<3
09-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I've played this game for quite some time and don't think your quite right with what you say cheeriokilla.
I'm also from europe and find most servers (dedicated servers) arn't full of bots. There isn't really alot of full servers but when there is its alot of fun especially playing with people you know.

triphamm3r
09-18-2010, 04:58 AM
There's plenty of servers up with no bots... just go down the list.. there's just no one on them. Players join servers with bots on them because it's something to shoot at while you wait for other players. Unless you have a couple friends all joining at the same time, you're sitting in a server by yourself until the server populates. Sit in a no bot server and see how long you're sitting there. I prefer no bots as well. The AI are almost too easy (even when set to elite).. but the no bot servers with TK on are out there and do get populated.

There's certainly not more players on the 1.0 version of the game. Why would anyone want to be part of that glitchfest lagfest is beyond me. They updated for a reason. There were several multiplayer issues that included server lag. There are a couple version switchers out there but I think you have to have 1.0 already installed and then update to 1.1 and the switcher can switch versions. If you only have 1.1 then there's nothing to switch to. The game is released as 1.1 now if you buy it in the stores, and steam certainly is releasing it as 1.1.

I've played the game since release and it's well worth getting and playing.