PDA

View Full Version : Really great game!

Valcutio
09-18-2010, 01:40 AM
So, I stumbled on this game by accident. It received no publicity from what I have found and is an amazing game. The similarities between it and Dragon Age are astounding. Dragon Age is a better game overall but Drakensang does a LOT of really cool things and I like how deep the stats go. It has a lot of technical issues but the game is so good that I overlooked these. Listen, if you liked Dragon Age (or RPGs in general) - Get this game. You won't be disappointed.

We need the sequel up on Steam. River of Time was finished and it just needs translated to English.

calvin82
09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree with you, it's a really great game and i love it, maybe more than DA:O !

What i don't understand is why you say "it has a lot of technical issues". I didn't have a single problem when i played it; and in fact it was critically acclaimed especially because of its polished and bug-free state, which is rare enough in video game world to be noticed.

What are the "lot of technical issues" you encountered??

Valcutio
09-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I had numerous crashes (atleast one an hour) while playing. I don't think it liked my 260 gtx for some reason.

BIG R
10-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Worked fine for me. No crashes.

And I agree. Great game, very under-rated.

Valcutio
02-16-2011, 09:16 PM
BTW, just an update to this... the crashes were my video card dying on me. It had nothing to do with the game (which was fantastic btw).

If you're on the fence about buying either of the Drakensang games - have no fears, the games are AMAZING. Buy them now and enjoy. These are quality RPGs.

ZI-Nagel
02-16-2011, 10:07 PM
As far as I know, this is very close to the "DSA - Das schwarze Auge" (German Dungeon and Dragons clone) rules, which you can get at your local Pen and Paper RPG store :)

calvin82
02-17-2011, 11:45 AM
BTW, just an update to this... the crashes were my video card dying on me. It had nothing to do with the game (which was fantastic btw).

If you're on the fence about buying either of the Drakensang games - have no fears, the games are AMAZING. Buy them now and enjoy. These are quality RPGs.

Thanks for this update, Valcutio, that's very honest. +rep to you

I hope we'll get Drakensang 2 on Steam soon (The River of Time). I played it in its French version and it is as good as Drakensang 1!

darthmangafee
02-17-2011, 11:48 AM
looking forward to playing this game, i was (pleasantly) surprised to see how low they priced it (hope these guys are making a tidy profit)! i saw it on gamers gate and was hoping steam would pick it up. lo! they did today and so i bought it :-D looks like its getting a positive reaction from people so im pretty confident i made the right purchase (it was either this or two worlds which is getting some mixed reviews). wewt!

whats the lore flavor? is it leaning towards dnd style or is it more the gothic variety?