PDA

View Full Version : The Manuscript Bug

WNxFusionGamerX
09-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Not sure if anybody else has noticed this but...

After you look at the manuscript for the 1st time and Nico tells you to go to the Museum, keep the choices/icons open and re-click on the manuscript after she mentions going to see Lobinoue but without closing the dialogue menu, when back at the manuscript at this point you cannot exit the screen AT ALL, the four options at the bottom of the screen do nothing, hitting the ESC key or any other key does nothing, it's a game breaking bug, whether this was carried over from the original version I don't know but it's pretty annoying having to reload and re-do everything from the Hotel onwards.

This was BS1 DC, anybody else notice this?

collicub
10-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, this kept happening to me too. I kept hitting all the usual 'cancel' keys, then literally mashed the keyboard and still nothing happened. It does eventually come out of it... timeout, maybe? I just avoided looking the manuscript for the rest of the game.

Tyranius2
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Actually, all you need to do to get out of the manuscript screen is to look at the center icon when Nico says "Look there, 2 guys on the same horse", then it will take you out of that screen and back into the game.

WNxFusionGamerX
11-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes but who is going to work that out, why can't you just hit Esc key and go back that way, still a game bug in my opinion...

justin_
12-03-2010, 11:38 AM
You don't really call this sort of thing a game bug. A game bug is something that prevents the game from working or works funnily ie graphics glitch.

This is what you call bad User Interface controls. And yes I do agree there should have been an exit button.