PDA

View Full Version : Is this game too hard, or am I just a knob?

Wall-nut
09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I bought this game yesterday and started a Mage on normal mode, and I can't get past that first group of rats in the frozen cavern. They just brutally savage me every time I go against them. Am I missing something or am I just so bad at this game that I can't get past anything outside the tutorial town?

Ojimaru
09-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Remember: there's no shame playing on Easy.

That and Mage's typically have it tough early on. You'll be steamrolling normal mobs shortly.

Scottgun
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Dump the weapons and get those potions that add extra mana when you make matches. Get the mana flowing and you will be unstoppable.

nmcveity
09-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Remember: there's no shame playing on Easy.

There should be a poster with that quote, under the picture of a ratswarm.

Ojimaru
09-23-2010, 09:37 PM
There should be a poster with that quote, under the picture of a ratswarm.
I always had the impression that Goblin Witches were easier than Rat Swarms due to the lack of weapons and high Def.

bobskyz
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
i had the exact same problem as a mage on the exact same monster
i had new spells I was not using that made it a lot easier once I realized this

Loosifur
10-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I'll take "knob" for a thousand. (I keed, I keed!)

I noticed two things right off. One, it seems harder than the first one, and two, the difficulty ramps up fast after the first couple of training fights. Keep plugging away at it and you'll find it get's a little easier. Especially when you get key spells--like the various "strikes" for Assassin.

Vednix
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I came across a similar problem. Quick mode helps immensly, simply fight them. They should be generally weaker than the rat, and you gain all the experience and gold, and loot as you would playing in 'quest'. It's also incredibly good later on for training when you're bored or have no people to fight.

Anil8tr
11-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Play as an Assassin. Use upgraded dual poison daggers with different names so the damage stacks. You destroy everything you face as they can't block poison. There is no need for anything else. Your spells will clean up any remaining hit points easily. The game is far from hard. It's not difficult until you reach the Green Dragon and only because he has a lot of hit points and he hits HARD!

Wilhuf
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes this thread has a lot of views because the OP is not alone. Was the rat swarm even playtested against a starter mage? Very difficult.