PDA

View Full Version : Flight Zero mod bugs

Habardeen
09-21-2010, 06:33 AM
hey everyone!
I enjoyed a lot these 2 games that I didn't know of until they got released on steam. great job recreating the feeling here!

When I finished the first campaign of Untold, I started voraciously the Flight Zero mod.

The fact is that in the first mission some files are missing from some servers and the reason appears to be a wrong file naming in their respective installation folders. There is a simple solution to this (as also pointed out @ exosyphen by some guy):

To fully enjoy Flight Zero with all the correct files you have to complete the file names in the respective folders.

i'll put it under spoilers how to do so since it gives you the names of certain servers you should spot by yourself!

LEVEL 1

-go to the flight zero folder "...\steam\steamapps\common\hacker evolution untold\hemod-user\Flight_Zero\level-1\"

-in the "...\client-10.wifi.wxt-airport.com\files" folder you will find two files >>>> rename them to "gpstracking.bin" and "wlan_8001.exploit"

-in the "...\client-76.wifi.wxt-airport.com\files" folder do the same thing and >>>> rename the file as "bluetooth_2000.exploit"

-in the "...\client-99.wifi.wxt-airport.com\files" folder do it again and >>>> rename the file as "file_share_20.exploit"

I played only through the first level for now and I don't know if there are some other errors like this. I hope not (and I hope in a fix from exosyphen!).

I'll update this if I find any other errors of the kind.

hope it helps.

and keep good hacking games coming! ;)

exosyphen
09-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Sorry about this. I think something went wrong during packaging. We will try to issue an update.

Anyway, if you run into issues, just contact me and I can mail the files to put in the game folder to fix this.

wlayton27
01-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Decided to bump this one because I think that I've reached my topic quota for the day.

I've been searching for a walkthrough for this mod, but all I can find are people saying that it's impossible. I saw that Robert (Exosyphen) says "it is possible, I have done it," (http://www.exosyphenstudios.com/site-forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=533&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=6e89443674235f328c406c29f430522e&start=20) but I'm still not convinced that it can be completed without cheating.

Finished level one: 45% trace -- $0 -- no upgrades (transferred a total of $3000 -- cracked 8 / 10 servers)
Level two: cracked 5 / 7 servers necessary to complete the mission -- 87% trace -- $0 -- no upgrades -- no bounces left on 4 servers (11 servers total: 4 servers are best left well enough alone -- transferred a total of $1000: there are two servers with $500 on each, but they aren't necessary to complete the mission and they have no useful files -- they each require a decrypt and two cracks before the money is available: that would involve a 38% trace level increase for a measly $1000, which will only kill a 20% trace level.)

Even tried searching through the actual mod files for answers on what I might have been missing. I haven't been missing anything (used all exploits; no hidden cash cows; all passwords are random).

I'm certain that the developers are busy, so if anybody has beaten this mod without cheating -- could you please do up a tutorial for the rest of us? Cheers.

exosyphen
01-26-2011, 02:21 AM
If I find some spare time, I will play it through again and post a walkthrough.

Keep in mind that:

1. It is possible. The mod went trough serious testing, and wouldn't have had hit the marked otherwise.

2. At the time I made this expansion pack, the idea was to bring something new and more challenging than the original game. So don't expect it to be easy or beat it in one hour.

quodlibet79
04-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I agree with Habardeen and wlayton27. The Flight Zero expansion is broken. It cannot be played past the first level due to bugs. Any idea on when Flight Zero will be patched into working condition?

exosyphen
04-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I agree with Habardeen and wlayton27. The Flight Zero expansion is broken. It cannot be played past the first level due to bugs. Any idea on when Flight Zero will be patched into working condition?

We are on this as we will update everything in May.

ichik
05-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Any update or ETA?

exosyphen
05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
As soon as STEAM finished some background changes on our game package.

ichik
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Any news?

ichik
06-16-2012, 08:26 AM
So, this update will ever happen or what?

exosyphen
06-19-2012, 01:37 AM
It's in the pipeline...
We also did a general update of the game on our side, along with the new website release.

ichik
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
And still none, may update you say… Can I ask what year you mean? :)

exosyphen
07-05-2012, 03:11 AM
And still none, may update you say… Can I ask what year you mean? :)

We are betatesting it.
If you want to join, just let me know :)

ichik
08-06-2012, 06:02 AM
And? Still nothing?

ichik
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Well, as expected. At least you could say it's too hard/pricey to support it and forget about this.

exosyphen
12-27-2012, 12:17 PM
We are still supporting the game.
I am trying to find a workaround for long file paths.

Meanwhile I can send you a standalone installer to play the expansion.

ichik
12-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Well, if it's compatible with Steam version of the game that would be cool. I'll PM you my email.