PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Patch 7.1 is out!

Wesp5
09-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Download: www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

(+) denotes changes for Plus Edition players only.

+Added lower player sell values to all weapons which were missing it.
+Restored missing Bertram quest state and fixed broken Isaac update.
+Repaired Venture Tower bomb timer and added it to elevator trap too.
+Moved Pearl of Dubai to Regent and restored Isaac Fae Charm reward.
Added lights-through-walls fix to engine.dll, thanks SomeCommentDoe.
Improved breaking museum windows and fixed more minor level errors.
Removed new Mitnick quest and Chastity's sword from the basic patch.
Fixed headrunner dropping through netcafe floor and a German popup.
Locked gallery front after crime and restored lockpick to warehouse.
Corrected wrong painting positions after slashing then re-entering.
Fixed mirrored beer labels and minor dialogue problems of some NPCs.
Restored Therese and Jeanette reconciling and cash to Kamikaze Zen.
Improved missing fists fix and made pool stripper appear later only.
Made SM laptop stay in old haven in case of random Skyeline issues.
Tweaked Cleopatra history to avoid making Obfuscate powerup useless.
Removed Fae Charm from Tseng to avoid bug on getting it from Isaac.
Fixed blood doll sound and line so it doesn't refer to women as men.
Made Fu Syndicate doors move slower and added a lantern to warrens.
Disabled endless arrow spawning in the chests of first Temple level.

maul_inc01
09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Joy to the World!!! :D Looking forward to try it. I think I'm gonna go All out Ranged combat on my next playthrough. :)

kara_bulut
09-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Does this patch fix the issue with RAM ?

You know if you have more than 2 GB's you can't run the game thing.

Jito463
09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Does this patch fix the issue with RAM ?

You know if you have more than 2 GB's you can't run the game thing.

Yes, it does.

Rauno
09-23-2010, 06:42 AM
In order to install the patch I need to uninstall the game. So does it also delete my save games?

Oni Gryphon
09-23-2010, 07:37 AM
In order to install the patch I need to uninstall the game. So does it also delete my save games?

Yes, but you need to delete those anyway, even if they were saved, because playing a game that was using an older patch can cause strange things to happen.

Wesp5
09-24-2010, 01:06 AM
There is no need to uninstall the game for patching but old saved games should indeed not be used.

Underworld
09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Lo,

Its been a long time since i playe Bloodlines, i fancy installing this patch and the companion mod that i've seen (latest version 1.4 from what i have been able to find). Will it conflict or disable options/bug quests?

Cheers.

Wesp5
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Will it conflict or disable options/bug quests?

Yes. The Companion Mod is based on an older version of the Unofficial Patch so all newer bug fixes and features will be gone. You may try the new combined mod though, that is discussed on the new Planet Vampire and is trying to combine the latest Unofficial Patch with several mods...

Verwandlung
09-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the update, time for a replay:)

ErrantConstruct
10-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Has anyone been having trouble installing the patch? I tried to follow the instructions but since I have more than 2 gigs of ram I can't run the game once. It gets about 85% and locks up my entire computer.

Wesp5
10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Has anyone been having trouble installing the patch? I tried to follow the instructions but since I have more than 2 gigs of ram I can't run the game once. It gets about 85% and locks up my entire computer.

There are probably some Steam option where you can turn automatic updates and similar stuff off...

InfyD
10-03-2010, 07:30 AM
There are probably some Steam option where you can turn automatic updates and similar stuff off...
there is - under Properties/Updates; the problem for me is that (for some reason) it keeps switching back to "automatically keep this game up to date" every time I exit the game.

it's only actually wiped out the patch once, though, and it only takes a minute or so to reinstall - the annoying part was I had to re-run the resolution patcher, then reselect the video mode I wanted, etc.

InfyD
10-03-2010, 07:37 AM
although re-reading what they said, the problem they're having is actually with the first part of the install instructions, which say to run the game once before installing the patch.

I've got Win 7 64 bit, so the closest I came to running the game once before installing the patch was getting told off for having negative memory; I'm not sure that counts, but the patch installed for me just fine.

ErrantConstruct
10-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I have Win 7 64 bit as well. I followed the instructions and set the steam options as listed in the readme. The patch just locks up evertime I try to run it. Very disappointing.

Wesp5
10-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I have Win 7 64 bit as well. I followed the instructions and set the steam options as listed in the readme. The patch just locks up evertime I try to run it. Very disappointing.

Try doing what InfyD posted above. With updating cancelled you probably don't need to run the game first without the patch.

InfyD
10-04-2010, 02:26 AM
the only other thing I can think of is to double-check the directory you're installing in is the correct one - for me, it's "C:\(where I installed Steam)\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines" - and to maybe try running as Administrator, with UAC switched off, etc.

InfyD
10-04-2010, 02:29 AM
also if anyone can work out why Steam keeps turning automatic updates back on I will be eternally grateful until I forget.

InfyD
10-05-2010, 02:17 AM
oh hey - think I've found a minor bug: the Fae Charm appears to break when I'm wearing the heaviest armour (-2 Dex, putting me at 2, including the bonus from the charm); attempting to click on Dexterity to raise it causes it to drop by one instead, and gives me back 8 XP. NB: this is a Tremere character, and without armour Dex is already at the max of 4 including the Fae bonus and cannot be raised any further.

unless that's meant to happen for reasons that escape me, it's kind of confusing...

EDIT: I've just realised this may have nothing to do with the Fae Charm at all, and may be a Tremere-related bug.

Porkus
10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Not had a whole lot of experience with Wesp5's unofficial patches, but I recently reinstalled and decided to give the latest patch a whirl. I installed the basic version and so far, so good but I have encountered a few minor bugs.

When I went into the Sky Line Apartments, there were big black crates sticking out of every door. I had to crawl through each doorway because the crates were in the way and would not allow me through. I noticed the same crate model was replacing the ceiling fans in the apartments, which was rather amusing. When I got into the elevator I could not access the panel correctly, I needed to stand several steps to the left to find the "sweet spot" so I could activate all the buttons. This made it very frustrating to get into all the apartments, and when I got into my haven I encountered another similar problem. I can't access my computer in the Sky Line Apartment haven. I have to position myself at a specific angle to get the interaction icon, but pressing the interact key does nothing.

I've also noticed some stuttering when I pick a conversation choice, depending on my location makes it more or less noticeable EG. When there is music playing in The Asylum/Last Round.

With those issues aside, it seems like a very solid patch. Loving the restored content so far.

Wesp5
10-08-2010, 12:32 AM
When I went into the Sky Line Apartments, there were big black crates sticking out of every door.

That's the well known and infamous random Skyeline bug that isn't connected with the patch and which nobody has been able to fix yet. It never happened to me though ;). I have no idea what could cause the audio stutter...

Porkus
10-08-2010, 07:03 AM
OK cool, I've played through the vanilla game several times and never experienced it, so I assumed it was the patch. Is the elevator/comuputer issue also part of the same bug? I reloaded my save and was able to access the computer, although for some reason I was stuck inside the chair and couldn't move (used noclip to free myself). The panel inside the elevator still doesn't work properly.

Wesp5
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Is the elevator/comuputer issue also part of the same bug?

I think so, although as I said I never experienced it myself. Instead of using the elevator you can always use the vents from the basement and for the not working computer, I restored your old laptop in Santa Monica as an alternative.

Porkus
10-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I may end up using the laptop in Santa Monica, although that apartment doesn't really suit my Ventrue character. ;) The black boxes in the skyline are now replaced by chinese posters and they seem to appear every single time I enter the building. I also noticed a lot of them appearing inside doors etc. while in the Chinatown massage parlour and Fu lab, which seemed to cause NPCs to become completely inactive, which meant I couldn't rescue Barabas. A simple fix is to save/re-load the area, don't know if this is all part of the same bug or an issue with your patch because I'm having difficulty finding a definitive list of V:TM-B bugs.

If these are regular bugs then it's a damn shame that they'd all have to crop up while trying out your patch. I've played through the game with just 1.2 with minimal problems in the past, I guess it was only a matter of time before I started encountering bugs. :p

MrBishop
10-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I have a question, im not sure if its the patch or not, but i have never experienced the problem before now and ive played through the game many times.

When I walk in on the malkavian sisters arguing, its just Therese pointing a gun at the wall, the game does not freeze, but it wont continue to the dialogue. she just.... stands there. pointing the gun. ive reset twice now and it still happens, any way to fix this or anyone know what causes it?

Wesp5
10-11-2010, 01:28 AM
When I walk in on the malkavian sisters arguing, its just Therese pointing a gun at the wall, the game does not freeze, but it wont continue to the dialogue.

I've never heard that one. Have you continued an older saved game after patching? What happens if you restart from a saved game further back?

Wesp5
10-11-2010, 01:29 AM
A simple fix is to save/re-load the area, don't know if this is all part of the same bug or an issue with your patch because I'm having difficulty finding a definitive list of V:TM-B bugs.

There is no definitive list of these random bugs, but I mention some that I couldn't fix at the end of the Unofficial Patch readme. The Skyeline bug is among them, but I never heard that similar things happen elsewhere.

Porkus
10-11-2010, 05:52 AM
One important thing I should have mentioned; I had -console in the launch options when I encountered that bug. Perhaps it is just coincidence but as soon as I removed the -console launch option, the Skyline Apartments loaded just fine.

A few other things I noticed recently (console was OFF);

1. After convincing the Gargoyle to join Isaac, I was still able to talk to Maximilian and gain a reward for completing the quest.

2. Mercurio has dialogue in the basic patch for the SWAT rifle and Dragon's Breath shotgun, but neither weapon are actually available.

Again sorry if these are not new problems, it's just the first time I've experienced them. Overall I found the basic patch a very welcome fix for the game, and although it does make various changes and additions I found them to all be sensible and intuitive. Looking forward to giving the plus patch a spin.

Wesp5
10-11-2010, 07:28 AM
1. After convincing the Gargoyle to join Isaac, I was still able to talk to Maximilian and gain a reward for completing the quest.

That's intended. After all you DID solve his problem and he probably will not experience for some time how you did it ;).

2. Mercurio has dialogue in the basic patch for the SWAT rifle and Dragon's Breath shotgun, but neither weapon are actually available.

That is because I wanted to restore his unused lines and at the same time hint at the features of the plus patch :)!

MrBishop
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
First off, I wanted to apologize for the late reply, because i noticed someone tried to help me solve the problem, and you have my thanks.

So now that I'm around that bug, I wanted to compliment wesp on the game. I Have had the game since it VERY first hit steam, and I have played through it many times. For a while I was using the VTMB True mod, and while it did fix problems, things always felt a little... broken. I actually found this mod because of how much ♥♥♥♥ tessera talked about wesp, and so out of pure neutrality and curiosity i switched the patches out. i deleted the game, all saves and installed wesp's patch. Now i must admit, as much as tessera complains it ruins the game, i found the game feels a bit more real, things seemed to have a bit more realistic consequences. such as damning the spirit in the hotel loses humanity.

Mod or patch, I honestly don't care at this point. I feel like it severely improved upon an already great game. It makes the game slighty more emersive for me, and the thing about the mod making it "ez-mode"... I find that untrue. I play almost strictly Melee, I care little for guns. And the game seems more difficult this time around. So im enjoying the challenge as well.

2 thumbs up from me, great mod.

and nothing against tessera, I think the true patch is great too, its a shame someone would pick a fight over something so.... trivial.

Regardless both are great work, and I'm especially loving this patch.

Porkus
10-13-2010, 09:14 AM
If you have self imposed restrictions on your gameplay than the +plus patch isn't going to make things easy mode. The "problem" I am currently experiencing is that with new quests (which are awesome by the way) and opportunities for experience points, my Vampire feels noticeably stronger compared to a comparative point in the basic patch.

I never really found the game particularly difficult to begin with, as I was always careful to invest points in combat/physical abilities. So with the extra experience points in the +plus patch, there doesn't seem to be much that is challenging. Wesp5 is obviously aware of this and has made attempts to rebalance elements of the game but some further rebalancing wouldn't hurt IMO.

Wesp5
10-13-2010, 11:50 AM
The "problem" I am currently experiencing is that with new quests (which are awesome by the way) and opportunities for experience points, my Vampire feels noticeably stronger compared to a comparative point in the basic patch.

I once counted the additional XPs presented by the plus patch and if I remember correctly they were less than 10% of the original ones, and some of them were intended but missing because of bugs. So if you play a normal game you would probably miss or gain around the same number.

Kittehs!
10-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll be sure to grab this when I play through the game again.

Thank you for continuing to support VtM.

Rauno
10-28-2010, 07:27 AM
There is no need to uninstall the game for patching but old saved games should indeed not be used.

So I will have to start the game all over again?

Wesp5
10-28-2010, 10:14 AM
So I will have to start the game all over again?

Yes, but if you plan to do so, please wait for the upcoming version 7.2, which should be released very soon...

urbistegui
10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi all.
I just installed the game for the first time and downloaded the 7.1 patch.
Thing is the file VTMbup71 seems to the an unknown file, and when I click on it, nothing happens.
Do I have to get some kind of software so that the file may work, or I just have to put the file in some folder where the game has been installed.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my absolute lack of knowledge, Im new to this!

urbistegui
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
By the way, I also got what seem to be the latest versions of all the patches/mods Ive seen exist for the game:
- Unofficial 7.1
- Camarilla 1.4
- Clan Quest Mod 2.0
- And finally something called "The True PAtch Gold Final"

Could you plese recommend me which to install and which not to install and tell me if they are compatible and what they exactly serve for?

Thanks a lot, again!

urbistegui
10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I managed to install the 7.1 patch (havent yet installed the other patches) and for my surprise, when I start a new game, the game crases! It didnt crash when i tried a new game before installing the patch!

Is this normal/do you know how to fix this problem?
Thanks!

ititj
10-29-2010, 12:58 AM
I managed to install the 7.1 patch (havent yet installed the other patches) and for my surprise, when I start a new game, the game crases! It didnt crash when i tried a new game before installing the patch!

Is this normal/do you know how to fix this problem?
Thanks!

It's probably because you have all those other patches installed. They are conflicting with each other and making your game confused. Only install one patch. I recommend Wesp's patch but it's really up to you to choose. Just only do one patch though. No patch at all is an option as well. Delete your Vampire folder and redownload the game, and then install ONE (or none) patch.

Rauno
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes, but if you plan to do so, please wait for the upcoming version 7.2, which should be released very soon...

So when is this 7.2 patch coming?

akasha5
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi all.
I just installed the game for the first time and downloaded the 7.1 patch.
Thing is the file VTMbup71 seems to the an unknown file, and when I click on it, nothing happens.
Do I have to get some kind of software so that the file may work, or I just have to put the file in some folder where the game has been installed.

I'm having the same problem, could someone please let me know what to do? If only I weren't so technically challenged...

Wesp5
11-03-2010, 06:02 AM
So when is this 7.2 patch coming?

UP 7.2 is already in the pipeline but still waiting for the German translation to be ready...