PDA

View Full Version : Why this game is worse than 2-year old GRID?

SunriseDriver
09-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Seriously, graphics is worse on the same settings, handling is worse, car damage system is ridiculous (like I'm playing some street racing game).

In GRID crashing into the wall could be fatal for you car, in F1 2010...almost nothing.

Will say more.

littlec
09-22-2010, 04:42 AM
I think the graphics look great and I could not stand the driving in grid. it was so bad. i use a wheel with this game and it feels great. i also dont plan on crashing much so i could care less about crash damage.

dazman76
09-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking "handling is worse than Grid" actually translates to "handling is more realistic, hence I don't like it" :) I'll have to withhold judgement until Friday, but from what I've seen in the videos (including ones where the wheel controller is visible) I'm looking forward to trying it out :)

And I agree with littlec - I'm hoping it's nothing like Grid, because I really didn't enjoy Grid. A bit TOO arcadey for my liking :)

rodiabloalmeida
09-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Ok. Let's get one thing straight:

F1 cars are built in a way so they NOT smash into 1000 pieces when you crash. And besides that, there is too little to break. Look at the car. Now compare a skinny f1 car to a Mustang. See the difference? I hope you do.

Boiller
09-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking "handling is worse than Grid" actually translates to "handling is more realistic, hence I don't like it" :) I'll have to withhold judgement until Friday, but from what I've seen in the videos (including ones where the wheel controller is visible) I'm looking forward to trying it out :)

And I agree with littlec - I'm hoping it's nothing like Grid, because I really didn't enjoy Grid. A bit TOO arcadey for my liking :)

obviously, the op doesnt like 'street racing games' (arcadey) but i guess you missed that.

Ok. Let's get one thing straight:

F1 cars are built in a way so they NOT smash into 1000 pieces when you crash. And besides that, there is too little to break. Look at the car. Now compare a skinny f1 car to a Mustang. See the difference? I hope you do.

wait... youre saying that if an F1 car hits a wall, it DOESNT smash into a million pieces?

are you sure about that? lmao
lmao
lmao

SunriseDriver
09-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking "handling is worse than Grid" actually translates to "handling is more realistic, hence I don't like it"
Handling is easier = more arcadish. I think even with steering wheel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

obviously, the op doesn't like 'street racing games' (arcadey) but i guess you missed that.
I actually like. But from F1 game I expect F1 simulator, not arcade game with F1 cars.

Just tested: crashed into the wall at 200 km/h (150 m/h). NOTHING happened. Another car crashed at me in the middle of track. Also NOTHING.
They've ported this from Wii (F1 2009) or what?

cropperesp
09-22-2010, 06:15 AM
i have tried hitting the wall at top speed.... car is fine. weird!

FLeK0
09-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Turn on full damage simulation in the difficulty settings before you start a race.

rodiabloalmeida
09-22-2010, 06:41 AM
obviously, the op doesnt like 'street racing games' (arcadey) but i guess you missed that.

wait... youre saying that if an F1 car hits a wall, it DOESNT smash into a million pieces?

are you sure about that? lmao
lmao
lmao

Yes. That's what I'm saying. It does not smash into a million (a million? LOL) pieces. It does smash into a 100 pieces at most if you will. Have you ever see how solid is a F1 cockpit? It just looses the wheels, suspension and wings, basicaly. The cockpit stays almost intact, even in a pretty hard crash. Its built to preserve the pilot's life also.

BigLuvin
09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Seriously, graphics is worse on the same settings, handling is worse, car damage system is ridiculous (like I'm playing some street racing game).

In GRID crashing into the wall could be fatal for you car, in F1 2010...almost nothing.

Will say more.

Run it on high res everything high/ultra and 4 or 8x aa, it looks better IMO..but you need the hardware to see it

Zaimejs
09-22-2010, 11:42 AM
So if you turn on crashing, does the car smash?

beute89
09-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Yes. That's what I'm saying. It does not smash into a million (a million? LOL) pieces. It does smash into a 100 pieces at most if you will. Have you ever see how solid is a F1 cockpit? It just looses the wheels, suspension and wings, basicaly. The cockpit stays almost intact, even in a pretty hard crash. Its built to preserve the pilot's life also.

Yes the cockpit is very safe, but still, it always gets damaged, the teams have to repair it.

In that game it looks like you could just get a new pair of tires/wings after you crashed into a wall with 300km/h and you're good to go...

red77star
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Because CodeMasters has no ♥♥♥♥ing idea what Formula 1 is.

SunriseDriver
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
The guy on these forums found the way how to have damage: Play on Expert difficulty. But what if I want to have damage on easy/medium too?:(

So additional requirements for those who wants a simulator, not arcade:
- High-end PC so you can have at least 2009 graphics, not 2007 (not necessary).
- Steering wheel.
- Racing skills (you need to play well on expert if you wanna lead).

Now I like the game more but still it's not great.

Gatekeeper
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
The guy on these forums found the way how to have damage: Play on Expert difficulty. But what if I want to have damage on easy/medium too?:(

I believe the very definition of difficulty is why it is harder to crash on the easier difficulties. You're essentially saying "I want my game harder than easy, but still be on easy", which makes no sense.

Give it time, after playing on easy/medium you'll get better and advance to expert. Now, imagine if every time you crashed on easy/medium you had to end the GP, it'd take you LONGER to get better at the game.

Makes sense to me.

ImBack87
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM

So additional requirements for those who wants a simulator, not arcade:
- High-end PC so you can have at least 2009 graphics, not 2007 (not necessary).
- Steering wheel.
- Racing skills (you need to play well on expert if you wanna lead).

Now I like the game more but still it's not great.

That won't change the arcadish gameplay...I was hoping this game would be something in between but it's certainly not