PDA

View Full Version : OS X port planned

DJRumpy
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm hesitant to buy this game as I don't want to keep my Windows partition around.

Has anyone heard if a Mac version is planned or in the works?

Firgof Umbra
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately, no; we don't have a Mac computer around, for starters. We may pursue a port in the future. It probably wouldn't take too much to port the game, we'd just rather have it to a more comfortable level of awesome before we begin to officially support other operating systems.

ELM1234567890
10-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm one of those good 'ole fashion, "Mac is a bastardized version of Linux with a sleazy, underhanded marketing division, who hired an excessive amount of people to promote their product, and don't really have any meaningful edge over PCs" kinda people, mostly because I was born into macs, and hated them my entire life until I could finally buy a computer myself... that being said,

D: Gtfo my Steam, mac users.

Anywho;
Yeah, Mac ports are generally a good thing for small companies to churn out ASAP... D: but, I dun want you to do it, gais, I want Star Ruler to be another one of the thousands of PC only gems. :D

Evil Tactician
10-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Generally speaking I am all for game developers branching out and ensuring their game runs for as many people as possible but for Mac users I can unfortunately not find any sympathy. If you want to run PC games, get like, a PC.

A Mac is essentially a PC 60% above cost price with an operating system which doesn't run the most commonly used software.

Since you *can* run a windows partition as well as other work-arounds, Mac ports are pretty low on the priority list for most developers. It's extremely hard for an Indie developer to make a return on investment on it.

In this case, there's plenty of things that would make us much happier than a Mac port!

Psitaylor
10-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Would advice you to keep an eye on this game, since it`s still being worked on, sadly i don`t think an OS X port is planned, it`s rather something that could happen in the future, also i have to say i think a linux port would be far more interesting :P

Jonuts
10-16-2010, 10:19 PM
For what it's worth, I believe it's worth keeping the partition around for. IF your computer can handle this baby. It's all fine and dandy on just about any hardware. Until there are 6000 or so ships flying around.

Ahh...warms my heart to see a massive wave of fighters swarm my fleet...and fail to scratch my paint :)

DJRumpy
10-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Quad Core i7 / 8 GB DDR3 / ATI 4850.

It's sufficient.

Psitaylor
11-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Yeah , it`s sufficient allright :D Keep in mind tho, that this games scale is pretty much infinite, so if you get a really long game going, with tons of planets/systems and ships, even your pc might have problems. I think that`s what he meant by "IF your computer can handle this baby"