PDA

View Full Version : TRY THIS for people having not responding issues!

bes
09-23-2010, 02:22 AM
This should only work for quad-core and up users or maybe dual-core with Hyperthreading!!(dual/triple-core users look further down the thread).

go to: Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\system

Now look for "worker maps" workermap,workermap2core,workermap4core,workermap8 core(XML documents)

now ...copy and paste those somewhere else for backup..

now... delete workermap2core and workermap8core

now... open up workermap4core with notepad go to EDIT-->SELECT ALL-->COPY

Now... open up workermap with notepad go to EDIT-->SELECT ALL-->PASTE

Now... save/exit workermap and exit workermap4core

Now... DELETE workermap4core so that you only have the modified workermap

Try to run your game..see if it still crashes..
-------------------------------------------------
Dual/triple-core users!!

go to: Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\system

Now look for "worker maps" workermap,workermap2core,workermap4core,workermap8 core(XML documents)

now ...copy and paste those somewhere else for backup..

now... delete workermap4core and workermap8core

now... open up workermap2core with notepad go to EDIT-->SELECT ALL-->COPY

Now... open up workermap with notepad go to EDIT-->SELECT ALL-->PASTE

Now... save/exit workermap and exit workermap2core

Now... DELETE workermap2core so that you only have the modified workermap

Try to run your game..see if it still crashes..

bes
09-23-2010, 07:24 AM
*BUMP* ...103 views and no comments? ...please let me know if it worked or not for your game!!

Its mainly to fix the game not responding / .exe has stopped working crash...for example when your about to race from exiting the pit...it will crash on the loading screen..

I did it this way because all other worker maps FAILED, the game would only run on workermap, the rest of them would crash the game.. so copying the contents from other workermaps to workermap seemed to do the trick and it should run on more than 1 core..

BTW I only tested this on an AMD 6-core CPU...

Also check the windows firewall/or whatever firewall you use it blocks the game...since the game uses secuROM(dont think its related to GFWL)..

If the worker map instructions dont work...you can try my other worker maps from this DIRT2 thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14789598&postcount=1 just copy the ones you wanna try from there into the F1 2010 workermap like I said in the first post of this thread..

You can ALSO trying changing to software audio settings instead of rapture, in-game..

You can also make sure your sound settings in windows are at 48k 16bit or 24bit ..

mrkavanagh
09-23-2010, 07:46 AM
You can also make sure your sound settings in windows are at 48k 16bit or 24bit ..

I will give this part a try and see if it helps with my frame rates. Do you know how to run a steam game in windows safemode?

bes
09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Do you know how to run a steam game in windows safemode?

Nope, sorry
--------------------
Why are people unwilling to try these worker maps out? ...

Its not that hard to try it and then test it out..then let me know if it works or not..

My directions should be pretty easy to follow...

I instantly got positive results from doing this... from crashing every time I start the race to running perfectly in about 5min or less..

dazman76
09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Do you know how to run a steam game in windows safemode?

Is this definitely what they suggested? I wonder if they meant the game itself has a safe mode?

Anyhow, running in Windows safe mode really isn't an option I've afraid, for a number of reasons:

1) Your video drivers will no doubt switch to "vga adapter" - no hardware acceleration available, and 800x600 or similar resolution
2) Services required for your sound card to work will not start - therefore no audio

If this really is what they meant, they need a polite slap really :) heh