PDA

View Full Version : I was hoping for a Sim....

venekor
09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I really wanted a true to life F1 game with true engine failures and that which can ruin your race. I wanted the pits race excitement and having to push through the field if you're in a crap car. None of that... it's too arcadey and doesn't feel like F1. When you get into the dirty air it doesn't seem to have any effect and in a Lotus or something I can still get podiums on Hardest setting.... I should be fighting for the back of the field.

Total let down... not F1, just some arcadey game with an F1 skin.

+ The Damage model sucks.

riggs58
09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
I really wanted a true to life F1 game with true engine failures and that which can ruin your race. I wanted the pits race excitement and having to push through the field if you're in a crap car. None of that... it's too arcadey and doesn't feel like F1. When you get into the dirty air it doesn't seem to have any effect and in a Lotus or something I can still get podiums on Hardest setting.... I should be fighting for the back of the field.

Total let down... not F1, just some arcadey game with an F1 skin.

+ The Damage model sucks.

sadly, i think it's just a matter of economics. hardcore sims just aren't much of a money maker - the market for high fidelity sims is just too small. Besides, any game that launches across both the PC and console platforms is a good sign it's going to be watered down for the masses. i still think F1 2010 is a fun game however; it's just tuned more to the console crowd...like Grid and Dirt 2.

SGT_Bradley
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
sadly, i think it's just a matter of economics. hardcore sims just aren't much of a money maker - the market for high fidelity sims is just too small. Besides, any game that launches across both the PC and console platforms is a good sign it's going to be watered down for the masses. i still think F1 2010 is a fun game however; it's just tuned more to the console crowd...like Grid and Dirt 2.

Exactly.. for some people real life simulation is too hard for them... things like rfactor take time to get the hang of especially the F1 mods.

And for the damage models the developers did say that one of the things they would most like to work on if they had more time would be the damage. So i dont think they are satisfied with it either..

WarGameKlok
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM

A concise, accurate and honest response. +1 rep for you.