PDA

View Full Version : Weird glitch with the prison

Android2137
09-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I go into the prison cell, find the secret door, proceed down the tunnel and turn on the first light. When I turn around, I can't find the second light. And when I turn around again, suddenly I'm right outside of the prison cell.

Couple that will the same save problem everyone has been having (and I don't have a "compatibility tab" under Riven's properties for some reason) and overall, I'm many degrees of annoyed.

AngstAndAvarice
09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I finally got around the 'random crash' bugs (Windows 95 compatibility mode FTW) and was able to play a fair bit of the game today, and I seem to be having a similar problem.

Specifically, after you turn around after lighting the first orb in the Moiety tunnel, the screen seems to 'shimmer' and then if you attempt to proceed back down the hallway toward the next orb you are instantly teleported back out to the Whark gallows.

Since you need to access the Moiety Age to actually beat the game, this is quite a show stopper. Any thoughts?

AngstAndAvarice
09-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Update! I was able to get around this by returning from the Whark gallows and turning around 1 screen before hitting the very end of the moiety tunnel (the screen with the hole in the wall that looks out over the ocean).

cix625
10-03-2010, 07:33 AM
That solved it for me, thanks for the update!