PDA

View Full Version : Gfwl - pls help!!!

Hadryan
09-24-2010, 07:25 PM
I didn't know about this unsupported region stuff and I registered my cd-key to my Windows Live account. I live in Brazil and it is not a supported country by WL (it's on coming soon list) I can't sign in so I'm not being able to save my game.

Please tell me I didn't waste $40. I'm waiting like forever to play this game. I don't care about multiplayer, I just want to be able to save my game.

Is there any way to do it?

Thx in advance.

dafrety
09-24-2010, 07:42 PM
You should be able to make an offline account, right? Create an offline account, and then it shouldn't ask you for the cd-keys or attempt to sign online.

Yep, create a local profile. After you startup the game sign out of your current one and tell it to make a new one. After you do that you have to scroll down the page and choose the highlighted in blue create a local profile instead of the big continue button. Type in a username (likely different from the other one) and you should be done.

Hadryan
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Yep, I've just figured it out.

Now I hope MS add Brazil to the supported country list ASAP. This game is selling like water in the desert over here.

Thx for the reply.

jimgnarkill
09-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes thats insane.

So far we have the following situations regarding the release of this game

1. United Kingdom 'The Home of F1' Huge fanbase and the home of most of the teams. Game released up to 4 days after the rest fo the world, and then release time slips 12 odd hours

2. Brazil. F1 crazy country that has produced a disproportionate amount of drivers with the required skill for the top formula, including perhaps the geatest driver of all time. Unable to play online or use GFWL fully.

JG14_Hertt
09-27-2010, 01:27 PM
The really pain in the a$$ if the fact that steam would be enough to check if we actually have an original copy or not.

The region problem in GFWL is something hard to believe. People outside the "supported" countries pay the same amount of money as anyone in the US, for example, but get punished for being outside the countries that GFWL supports.

Why did the GFWL system let those people assign their serial numbers to an account thatīs not supposed to work then?

Oh yes, and once you do it youīre screwed because itīs linked for life. A great system for sure.

VividNinjaScar
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Your account should sign into offline mode after it tells you that you are in an unsupported country. Microsoft is adding support for Brazil in a few weeks, so you should be able to play online soon. If you make a different profile, you will have to start over if you want to play online with your online profile.