PDA

View Full Version : Online multiplayer as DLC

Tarantulo
09-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Since this game is extremely cheap, but in doesnt have online features. I myself would definetly pay extra for the online multiplayer!

What do you guys think?

Chris Fifty-Two
09-25-2010, 06:31 AM
I would love to see it being added in one form or another. Could consider paying a small price for it but...not more then 50% of what the game currently costs.

crios911
09-25-2010, 08:31 AM
I to was quite dissapointed that this game did not have internet play. I would like steam to maybe consider listing multiplayer as an internet multiplayer and and use hotseat multiplayer as I believe that is the term fora game that offers multiplayer on site.

Its sad really, this game could have been a 10 dollar game with the addition of internet play but now it is destined to be a stocking stuffer in a couple of months for 2 bucks on sale.

Tarantulo
09-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Since the game is only 4 Eu, its stands quite perfectly for me to pay extra 4 :)

lunargiantadam
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all the info. By now we obviously know that everyone wants internet multiplayer, we knew that before we started porting our code for release on Steam. The problem is: the way the game was conceptualized and morphed into it's current state was a 16 month process with many, many changes. Needless to say, at the end of this, it would actually take _longer_ to add network multiplayer, than to make a whole new game from the ground up with that capability.

We're going to maintain and update Delve Deeper as it stands, and do intend on releasing DLC and updates (possibly including: themed levels, monsters, relic packs, a map for leaderboarding). Sometime in the future, we will evaluate whether or not a sequel would be possible financially. If we can do that, rest assured that internet multiplayer would be the no. 1 priority on our list of changes from the current game :) It's been an exciting weekend, and we're really happy with the reactions from everyone, but online multiplayer as DLC is, most likely, not going to happen :(

Tarantulo
09-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Thx for the reply, so I guess not all hope is lost in the dungeons.

Anyway, I am not sure why it would be so complex, I mean you have you game done all you have to do is throw steamworks in to the mix, and you have a very fun and cool online game http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/

I know I would definitely love it. Because bots are not that exiting to play against :/