PDA

View Full Version : Invalid CD key?

myth700
09-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Bought this game when the deal was on and decided to install last night.

When I start the game a box will appear with enter CD key and the field already filled in with the code from the documents in Steamapps/Doom3/Base.

Now the problem is when I click ok it says invalid CD Key.

Anyone help me out here?

Washell
09-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Oh the irony...

The answer to your problem was on page 1, until this thread pushed it to page 2. Four hour 'wait' for an answer you could have gotten in 5 minutes by just reading the thread titles on the first page. I won't be a total ♥♥♥ and copy/paste the significant bit of that thread below:

Hello Roy,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

NOTE: If you are running in Windows Vista or Windows 7, you please ensure you are running Steam as Administrator. To do this, completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator."

Try launching the Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack. Exit once it has fully loaded, and then launch Doom 3 again.

If you continue to experience difficulty, please follow the directions below:

From the "Library" list in Steam, right-click on "Doom 3" and select "Properties" from the menu.

Select the "Local files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.

Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

Once the process is completed, the "Check" window will automatically exit.

Note: You will not need to enter your CD Key to access the game.

If you have any further errors, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

Enjoy the game.