PDA

View Full Version : CSS compile error

sgtsixpack
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
It says something about not being able to find a file in the /orangebox directory which is not surprising as I don't have orangebox:

** Executing...
** Command: "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk\bin\or angebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\half-life 2\hl2" "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul 7 2010)
4 threads
materialPath: e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\half-life 2\hl2\materials
Error opening e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps: File e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps, line 1: No such file or directory.

** Executing...
** Command: "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk\bin\or angebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\half-life 2\hl2" "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul 7 2010)
4 threads
reading e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps.bsp
Error opening e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk\bin\or angebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -game "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\half-life 2\hl2" "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul 7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
4 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[45 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps.bsp
Error opening e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\sourcesdk_conten t\cstrike\mapsrc\sdk_lightmaps.bsp" "e:\program files\steam\steamapps\sgt.sixpack\half-life 2\hl2\maps\sdk_lightmaps.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

gulliwog
09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
You dont have to have the orange box I think. There are 3 basic engine builds in the sdk - the 2006 ep1 angine, the orangebox engine and the 2009 engine (l4d). Counter Strike now uses the orange box config.

You are trying to run vbsp, vvis and vrad (the three necessary complie programs) out of the hl2 directories, which will not work. Below are my config parameters for my last (sucessful) compile. You can see that in my paths its looking in "counter-strike source/cstrike" for the config and not in the hl2 directories. You need to change your paths. Try using the reset game configurations, normally it works. Your installation is on the E:\ drive? Unusual.

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul 7 2010)
1 threads
materialPath: d:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading D:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\<mapname>.vmf

** Executing...
** Command: "d:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "d:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\counter-strike source\cstrike" "D:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\<mapname>"

** Executing...
** Command: "d:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -game "d:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\<username>\counter-strike source\cstrike" "D:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\<mapname>"

sgtsixpack
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
That makes sense, but I have already tried resetting the game config; do u know how to manually edit the paths?

I had the 2006 sdk version and the 2007 and now I have the 2009 version since I took advantage of the offer of a free copy of portal.

I can compile L4D2 and alien swarm vmfs its just CCS that I can't. The SDK options only list CCS under the 2009 version.

But yeah, it looks like the path is the problem.