PDA

View Full Version : Volume Control

thetick36
09-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Id like to see a volume control for the game previews be implemented. it is very annoying ( to me ) to watch one game trailer, that you have to turn up to understand what is being said.. and then watch another that blows out your speakers.

please figure out a way to put a volume control on the game previews

Elly
11-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd like to second this. Game trailers and videos need audio control, not just mute/unmute.

It's crazy loud, and you can't do anything about it. Is it difficult? I don't understand why this isn't already implemented... How does one skip the option to raise/lower volume?

My eardrums beg you!

And on a side note, I'm not sure if there is a ruling on bumping "old" threads, but I figured it better to add on instead of clutter with new.

Nisseman
11-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Volume control on your speakers USE IT (or windows VC)!
Are you that lazy so you have to have volume controls everywhere?

L.o.D.
11-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Your computer comes with this feature already added.
Isn't that amazing?
Also for convenience, it's located on your desktop, right beside the time/date.

Elly
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I shouldn't have to turn down my my master volume simply for one video on steam. In comparison to the volume of every other program or video, steam videos are ridiculously loud.

There's no reason for you to crap all over this thread either. It's a suggestions forum... make one or get out.

Also, I'm not lazy because I'd like to not have to turn my volume down EVERY time I want to watch a video, and turn it back up EVERY time I'm done so I can hear everything else on my computer. It's honestly baffling to me why it wasn't implemented in (or before release of) the beta.

Most of the time I'm watching a video, or preview, I'm actually IN a game. So I'd have to alt-tab just to get to the volume on my taskbar (I know where it is, but thanks for being so helpful). Which I'm not going to do because it usually messes up my game when I alt-tab back in.

Every single program I have has it's own volume slider, so I can customize the levels of everything on my computer. Why not Steam?

unserene
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
If you use Windows 7 you can adjust Steams volume separately via the volume icon on the taskbar.