PDA

View Full Version : CO-OP seriously...

Rancor26
09-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Why there isn't text chat? WHY? oh i know why, because the developers are too lazy to add it on pc... well there goes my online playing experience. Joining random game online is broken... two guys have joined my game the other one runned around aimlessly and then killed me with a chainsaw and the other one killed me too... atleast make it so that the players can't hurt eachother there will be millions of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s who just kill the other player instead of playing the game properly... and no text chat=no communication... oh wait voice chat you say? hmm good idea let me talk my horrible english with some french guy who doesnt even understand english that would be great... not everyone have perfect accent and most people dont even have a mic. So no communication, betraying etc. seriously just a little effort and they could have made the online play great but instead just ♥♥♥♥ed it up... no betraying and text communication and the online game would have been awesome.

CharlieWoo
09-28-2010, 03:07 AM
You should try playing with someone you know. Most people are just going to have hacked characters before too long just like in any other game where people host their own servers from their computers. Like borderlands, or a couple of older rpgs like Dungeon Siege 2.

DJ_Professor_K
09-28-2010, 03:10 AM
GFWL = chat (i know fail, but you have it)

You can also use the steamtab.

Or use how they intended and use a mic to chat.

Not the best choices or the best "implementations", but they're there.

Rancor26
09-28-2010, 03:32 AM
I can still take the fact that there isn't any text chat but BETRAYING! seriously can someone tell me what GOOD does the fact that players can hurt eachother does? Nothing absolutely nothing it has no good use whatsoever but now when its enabled players can accidentanly and on purpose kill eachother so the co-op playing with random people is dead. Also i was talking about joining random game with random people ofc the co-op play works fine if you play with someone you know.

Mousti_Man
09-28-2010, 03:34 AM
There should be an option for it to be on or off.

Removing it completely would be a shame when playing with your friends. Friendly fire can be quite fun at times.

slayvus
09-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Friendly fire is so that you actually try to aim your gun, etc. to make sure you DON'T kill your team mate.

rrp
09-28-2010, 03:37 AM
If there was no friendly fire it'd be incredibly easy to complete the story in co-op. E.g when you face a boss you should have to worry about hitting your teammate instead of forcing the boss into a corner and then both pressing mouse 1 as fast as you can

Rancor26
09-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Friendly fire is so that you actually try to aim your gun, etc. to make sure you DON'T kill your team mate.

Okay that's one tiny tiny good thing about ff being on... stop defending the developers for not including the option to turn it off or on it was obvious that it would cause some problems for it being on all the time and as i said internet is full of a**hol*s so there will be people that will just kill you on purpose.

slayvus
09-28-2010, 03:43 AM
So, only play with your friends. It is not that hard to leave a game to find someone else to play with. It's is not like you'll lose 20 years of your life if one guy killed you while playing co-op in DR2.

No offense, but your kind of blowing it a little out of proportion.

rrp
09-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Okay that's one tiny tiny good thing about ff being on... stop defending the developers for not including the option to turn it off or on it was obvious that it would cause some problems for it being on all the time and as i said internet is full of a**hol*s so there will be people that will just kill you on purpose.
Your right about the internet but look at the game,its a single player game with a little bit of online compatibility added. You can never go online with this game and you wont be missing much

JereTHEend
09-28-2010, 03:48 AM
There is also option only let your friends only to join. great option, since that is about perfect for me. I do not generally mind randoms either...

Actually what I KINDA WOULD have liked, even instead of text chat would be like the partner button in RE5, way to give even simple shortcut button commands like "comeon" and so on.

Rancor26
09-28-2010, 03:49 AM
So, only play with your friends. It is not that hard to leave a game to find someone else to play with. It's is not like you'll lose 20 years of your life if one guy killed you while playing co-op in DR2.

No offense, but your kind of blowing it a little out of proportion.

I said it's fine when you know the person you're playing with but IF you want to play with random people it can get frustrating... and you're talking like it's not a big deal... yep indeed it's not a big deal it's easy to add an option to turn ff on or off it's easy to add text chat but the developers didn't do it because they just wanted the money fast and they ported the game directly from consoles and didn't bother adding text chat or ff setting (betraying option could've been on the console version as well it's really not that hard to add it).

slayvus
09-28-2010, 03:54 AM
I said it's fine when you know the person you're playing with but IF you want to play with random people it can get frustrating... and you're talking like it's not a big deal... yep indeed it's not a big deal it's easy to add an option to turn ff on or off it's easy to add text chat but the developers didn't do it because they just wanted the money fast and they ported the game directly from consoles and didn't bother adding text chat or ff setting (betraying option could've been on the console version as well it's really not that hard to add it).

See your blowing it out of proportion. You could have had a console port done by another company. Capcom does their best when they port their games from console to PC unlike other companies. They make sure the game works as much as they can with the time they have. Remember Splinter Cell Conviction? That was a console port, guess what? I had terrible game crashes as well as PC crashes with that game. It was a console port done by Ubisoft.

snake289
09-28-2010, 04:30 AM
I have a feeling that Blue Castle ported it to PC instead of Capcom.

Its a solid port and all but feels much weaker compared to the likes of SF IV and RE5 PC.

Rancor26
09-28-2010, 04:57 AM
See your blowing it out of proportion. You could have had a console port done by another company. Capcom does their best when they port their games from console to PC unlike other companies. They make sure the game works as much as they can with the time they have. Remember Splinter Cell Conviction? That was a console port, guess what? I had terrible game crashes as well as PC crashes with that game. It was a console port done by Ubisoft.

Did i say it's a bad console port? It's an excellent port. There isn't text chat or ff setting on consoles either so i am not talking about 360 to pc porting here, i'm talking about the fact that it's not that hard to add those features to pc and consoles and it will make the game much better with a little effort and don't get me wrong i really like this game the things i've said are the only downsides i have with the game but in overall it's a great game.

DragonFlyM13
09-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Why there isn't text chat? WHY? oh i know why, because the developers are too lazy to add it on pc... well there goes my online playing experience. Joining random game online is broken... two guys have joined my game the other one runned around aimlessly and then killed me with a chainsaw and the other one killed me too... atleast make it so that the players can't hurt eachother there will be millions of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s who just kill the other player instead of playing the game properly... and no text chat=no communication... oh wait voice chat you say? hmm good idea let me talk my horrible english with some french guy who doesnt even understand english that would be great... not everyone have perfect accent and most people dont even have a mic. So no communication, betraying etc. seriously just a little effort and they could have made the online play great but instead just ♥♥♥♥ed it up... no betraying and text communication and the online game would have been awesome.

Dude, as IF you'd have time to Type during a fullblown zombie apocalypse STOP WHINING AND GET URSELF A ♥♥♥♥ING HEADSET
/end of rant

i vote to get this useless piece of forum thread locked.

Breitschwert
09-28-2010, 05:13 AM
I love the coop so far, even though it lacks communication in public games. I started on Saturday and was playing with 2 random people from Poland. Had a great time, till they had to leave the game. Now on Monday when the game came out, I used my higher PP count to support the people I joined, carrying the injured survivors, showing them some combo weapons and reviving them if needed. I still let them be on the front of things, even though I was faster and made sure that it was almost always them using the doors or equipment, so they stil felt like it was their game. Sure it would help, if I could talk to them via text chat, since I hate the buzzing that is caused by the voice activation of GFWL voice. Maybe it will be added later in a patch.

It was really bad yesterday, trying to join a coop game and everyone refusing. It would've been nice if people were asked during the start of the game, if they want their game private or public coop accessible. Couldn't find a game for a long time, but made another friend on my friendslist then.

Friendly fire is appreciated and fun, hitting your friend with water guns or beach volleyballs is nice and of course combat doesn't become too easy. An option to turn it off might be nice though, especially if you go public coop and fear griefing.

Rancor26
09-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Dude, as IF you'd have time to Type during a fullblown zombie apocalypse STOP WHINING AND GET URSELF A ♥♥♥♥ING HEADSET
/end of rant

i vote to get this useless piece of forum thread locked.

I do have time to type in a middle of zombies and there are places that are safe so you can go there if you are actually that slow that you cant type when there's zombies around. Did you read my post? Not all people have perfect accent or do not live in US and are not used to speak english. Who do you think you are to give orders to me kid? i have a right to say my opinion and things that could be improved.

Lemming Jesus
09-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Biggest problem with Coop is just getting a damn game. There's no server browser at all and the game will keep throwing you into the same person's game only to be declined again and again. It's a bunch of crap that Coop is enabled by default and then it lets people deny others to join.

reactioN
09-28-2010, 06:31 AM
just play with mumble or teamspeak