PDA

View Full Version : Capcom DR2 Failed-Game wont start

dravko
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
This game lauch in bull♥♥♥♥ and thoses problem fixes told us here in some forum are bull♥♥♥♥ too.

This game was not rdy for a realease and now 75% of people paid 40$ for a game that doesnt even start...

BIG APPLAUSE!!!

CAMCOM FAILED

THEY NEED TO MAKE A PATCH THAT FIX THE PROBLEM R-N

agent_jake66
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
so far its just the games for windows live which doesnt work for me it says unable to connect when trying to verify release date.

so im blaming gfwl atm

but by the sounds of it blue castle games have done a botch job of dr2

dravko
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
ya thats bullcrap! Why did they use GFWL anyways for this game?

agent_jake66
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
because gaming companies are obsessed with anti piracy and end up making the game worse, take games where u have to be constantly connected for eg , it ruins them...

dravko
09-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Well right now we cant even play the game...this is ridiculous

Pyro Paul
09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
thinking we should make a class action lawsuit against Microsoft. their software prevents players from accessing a product they've paid for. it could be argued that this violates the Eula agreement.

I'm not against DRM..
i'm against BAD DRM.

dravko
09-28-2010, 04:34 PM
thinking we should make a class action lawsuit against Microsoft. their software prevents players from accessing a product they've paid for. it could be argued that this violates the Eula agreement.

I'm not against DRM..
i'm against BAD DRM.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS!

dravko
09-28-2010, 04:37 PM
My friend bought the game too... hes on windows 7..samething cant play..

I want a refund

THEMAVER1CK
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
My friend bought the game too... hes on windows 7..samething cant play..

I want a refund

Been trying to troubleshoot this for literally about 16-17 hours now and still nothing. I don't want a refund but i sure as ♥♥♥♥ just want the game i paid $40 for to work. Failing that though i'll reluctantly accept a refund but i have a feeling it won't be that easy.

punkboy459
09-28-2010, 05:15 PM
"Game has corrupted file - Please reinstall the game"

I'm blaming GFWL I did everything to try solve that issue and yet nonee ♥♥♥♥ing piss me off.

instakill
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
I had the same issue with running the game, all i had to do was browse to the install directory and then install GFWL from the GFWL directory sign in and then run the game from steam. Easy as.

Rustybobo
09-28-2010, 05:46 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446677 I made a thread to try to help peoples.

student1
09-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Not sure if you guys have the same problems as I did, but my windows sound settings were set to 192000 hz. Just go into speaker proprieties/ advanced and set the default format to 24 bit 44100 hz. For some reason my game crashed when it was set this high. Works like a charm now.

THEMAVER1CK
09-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Not sure if you guys have the same problems as I did, but my windows sound settings were set to 192000 hz. Just go into speaker proprieties/ advanced and set the default format to 24 bit 44100 hz. For some reason my game crashed when it was set this high. Works like a charm now.

I think there are currently two issues preventing the game from launching. The first prevents the game from doing anything at all and not even trying to open a window which seems to be a problem relating to GFWL and the other is the game tries to open but crashes due to the sound settings of the machine. Unfortunately i am suffering from the game literally doing nohing and not even trying to boot which has no fix nor acknowledgement of a problem from either capcom or steam as of yet.

Rustybobo
09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
TheMaver1ck open your windows task manager and check if you see the dead rising 2 process pop up on the list when you trying to launch the game.

You might also wanna try to run the game as administrator or try different compatibility setup when you right click the .exe and go in priority.

THEMAVER1CK
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
TheMaver1ck open your windows task manager and check if you see the dead rising 2 process pop up on the list when you trying to launch the game.

You might also wanna try to run the game as administrator or try different compatibility setup when you right click the .exe and go in priority.

Yeah i actually started a thread last night of my own which stated that the process deadrising2.exe is actually running chewing about 30% of my processor and around 5-6mb of memory but for all intents and purposes it is not actualy running. There is no signs of it running other than in the processes and you can't switch to it either. I also have tried running as admin and also compatibility mode with vista, and XP all service packs just to see but nothing. Looks like i am going to have to wait for a patch or something to be able to play.

TehCoffeeRobber
09-28-2010, 06:53 PM
75% of people paid 40$ for a game that doesnt even start...

Actually it is just 75% of people who are posting in these forums currently. The rest are playing the game, I personally like to do both. Please take that into account before making claims like this.