PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a long shot, but... DMQ for Linux?

Coincidence
09-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to run a DMQ server on Linux?

I vaguely recall that there was some talk of it, but I don't know if anything happened.

_Pix_
10-21-2010, 02:29 PM
It's been a while so I may remember this incorrectly but I don't think I ever tried compiling it on Linux myself. DMC used a bleeding edge compiler for Linux that was not very future proof and caused problems with DMQ. I was told by people running servers at the time that DMQ2 wouldn't compile and/or run in it. I did do a DMQ1 for this reason which was a modified DMC Pro with DMQ jumping and grenades but none of the game modes. It still had all the old Pro bugs but it would be ok for ffa.

sevrin
11-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Hi Pix

I am running a DMC server at the moment at e-frag which is linux based, i want to put up another running DMQ2 ffa, so as i understand it from the last comment that it wont run on linux, not even in ffa ?? i dont need the game modes just uncapped speed bunnying etc.........so does this mean only DMQ1 ? and if so where to download and instal info would be great.

Many thx.........eej

_Pix_
11-16-2010, 03:17 AM
DMQ1 would be fine for FFA. From what I remember, I don't think you'd notice any difference to DMQ2. The snag is I don't have the source code any more. The site that it used to be up on was provided by Mfrx and it's not there any more.

The best bet would be to try to contact him and see if he still has it. In the worst case, I could probably knock something together fairly easily cutting and pasting from the DMQ2 source code, although I'd need to get that from Mfrx also as I haven't kept any of this stuff.

For either of these, you would need to compile it yourself as I only ever provided the source code and left the rest of it to people who were actually running Linux.

sevrin
11-16-2010, 03:29 AM
Hi
Thx for the info pix, might be easier to find a windows based host for the server as i have no idea about compiling etc, then i can just dl the DMQ2 stuff from geeky.cc

thx again.........eej