PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth it?

lordsurya08
09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
I enjoy cricket and play both the real game as well as crappy free online renditions. Dunno whether I want to spend 10 bucks on this game or spend 20 for Ashes Cricket. Or should I just not buy it at all?

nelso125
10-16-2010, 12:31 AM
In my opinion, both cricket games (Cricket Revolution and Ashes Cricket 2009) are good. I got Ashes Cricket for $35, and CR for $25, and had fun with both.

Ashes Cricket is fantastic......when you don't experience any bugs, and when it finally starts up. Not everyone can get AC09 to run, I was one of the lucky few to get it to work. It's a blast because it is easy to hit sixes (if you've got a good batter at the crease) and the game feels more realistic. The bugs do let the game down though.

Cricket Revolution is very different, for a start, the teams don't have real player names. You can't play test matches, and (even though I haven't tried it) the online aspect is OK. (Don't even think online play in AC09.) It is harder to get the hang of, since the controls are unorthodox ('scuse the pun ;)) and unless you have a 'high level' batter, you won't hit sixes. No commentary in CR, and the camera angles are pretty bad, but overall, the gameplay is much deeper than AC09.

My suggestion: Get them both because both have their positives and negatives.

Hope that helped! :D

lordsurya08
10-16-2010, 01:21 PM
In my opinion, both cricket games (Cricket Revolution and Ashes Cricket 2009) are good. I got Ashes Cricket for $35, and CR for $25, and had fun with both.

Ashes Cricket is fantastic......when you don't experience any bugs, and when it finally starts up. Not everyone can get AC09 to run, I was one of the lucky few to get it to work. It's a blast because it is easy to hit sixes (if you've got a good batter at the crease) and the game feels more realistic. The bugs do let the game down though.

Cricket Revolution is very different, for a start, the teams don't have real player names. You can't play test matches, and (even though I haven't tried it) the online aspect is OK. (Don't even think online play in AC09.) It is harder to get the hang of, since the controls are unorthodox ('scuse the pun ;)) and unless you have a 'high level' batter, you won't hit sixes. No commentary in CR, and the camera angles are pretty bad, but overall, the gameplay is much deeper than AC09.

My suggestion: Get them both because both have their positives and negatives.

Hope that helped! :D

+rep to you