PDA

View Full Version : The multiplayer is absolute bull@#%^ and needs to have these problems fixed now!

Nroca_Kao
09-30-2010, 02:07 AM
Ok, when I got this game I immediately went to single player and completed that. Unfortunately I wasn't aware that nothing transfers over to multiplayer, so I'm stuck with pre-built mechs, and that's not one of my concerns. I start playing and immediately see that it's broken. Here is a list of my problems organized into multiple categories.

Pre-Game:
1. Lobbies, or lack thereof. You have to be randomly assigned to a room that might not even have any people in it, so you're basically flying blind.
2. Matchups. There's no way to match players based on rank so I've ended up fighting people that have ranks far beyond any actual military ranks.
3. Auto-balancing. This is about as fair and balanced as Fox News (if you don't get that joke you're probably one of their main audience). Every time I've started a match it has automatically thrown the highest ranked people onto the same team, leaving the privates to fight majors and beyond.
4. Chat. I have no idea why there isn't a chat box for people that don't have a mic and would rather not listen to the annoying voices of the ones who do.

Weapons:
1. Missiles. These are by far one of the most broken weapons I've encountered. They don't have a cooldown, they have incredibly large ammo pools, they can be fired while using a shield, and they have way too high of a hit rate. People are constantly just chasing other players and spamming these, or spamming them while being chased. They gave freaking rockets (that don't have lock-on capabilities mind you) a cooldown, but not the homing cluster$@#%.
2. Sniper Rifles. I know these are supposed to be powerful, but 2 shots to kill someone, and being very accurate while not zoomed in seems kind of broken to me.
3. Repair Packs. I don't know what's going on, but these seem to be able to charge way too fast. I picked a full melee character and was combo punching this guy into a corner, but he kept healing faster than I could kill him (it seemed like every 2-3 seconds). I don't know if that's the item or just hacks.
4. Melee. These are, or at least seem to be, way too underpowered. I use both of the spike fist things and I usually have to get 6-10 hits out on someone to kill them. In my experience of other games, the melee weapons tend to be the most powerful. I'm going to make a note here saying that you had better not dare to say that I'm used to playing fps games. Melee weapons were like that in Phantom Crash, Crome Hounds, and Armored Core (so as you can see I've played mech games before).

Stages:
1. Repair Spawns. These need to have their recharge time increased by a lot. I'm sick of people camping high up spots with repair packs that basically make perfect sniper nests where they can heal after taking too much damage. It creates cowardly players and ruins every honorable player's experience.
2. Ammo Spawns. These also need to have their recharge times increased. The guns have more than enough ammo in them, and having these things spawn so often just allows for more people to missile spam.

So all together I've pretty much learned that I'm going to be royally screwed in this game. Almost every match I've been in has had the high rank people against me (which causes at least one of my team to drop), and they generally follow this strategy: sniper rifle, missile pods, emp backpack, and health camp. I hate playing with cowardly players that would rather use cheap exploits than actually fighting properly. Feel free to voice your opinions.

P.S. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET BETTER ROUTERS! I'm tired of hitting/shooting a mech only for it to not have taken any damage because it wasn't actually there.

Edit 1: I forgot to add the fact that people can just kill themselves without penalty to avoid giving you points.

Edit 2: Ok, another main concern of mine is how there's a flat rate of exp for kills. A max rank player killing the lowest rank gets the exact same experience if it was the other way around. That means that the strong get stronger while the weak struggle to not stay weak.

mkey
09-30-2010, 02:13 AM
What system are they using for multi? GFWL?

Nroca_Kao
09-30-2010, 02:15 AM
What system are they using for multi? GFWL?

I think they're just using a hat with our account names written on cards.

batmite
09-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Yes everything about this game is very unbalanced.
I'm not very happy with it and wish I had waited to see the verdict before I plunked my cash down. :(

Nate69
09-30-2010, 06:02 AM
wow, man u took the words right outta my mouth, if u hadn't have posted this i would have.

The Mp in this game is horribly borribly broken, everyone is using the SAME tactic, which forces others to use THAT tactic so they can put up a fight. I a machine gun kind of guy, but when i noticed its practially impossible to kill with a machine gun in this game, and the ONLY way to kill with with that bazooka, or constant spamming of missles... i frowned.

everyones robots look like straight booty cus they cant work on making them look tite because the cool lookin mechs cant hold all the cheap exploit weapons, so u have all these fat ♥♥♥, overweight, overpowered mechs runnin around, spamming the same old ♥♥♥♥, and here i am constantly getting ♥♥♥♥♥ because i decided to make a speed oriented mech with mgs, and cant kill a damn thing. ALSO being a HUGE fan and player of armored core, it seems like no matter WHAT you do or how light you go, everyone is practically the same speed, im as light as it gets and i have ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s with bazookas keepin right on my ♥♥♥.

Game concept A+ MP B- people on MP get an F for f uck ya'll! someone be unique instead of just followin everyone else by exploiting the cheap weapons.

Shadowclaimer
09-30-2010, 06:46 AM
This guy hit EVERYTHING right.

We got a PC port of a console game with no attempt whatsoever to make it PC Friendly, its like Last Remnant all over again (Ha another SE game).

Multiplayer is why I bought this game, and I'm beginning to regret spending my $60 on the thing.

Monkeyface
09-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Multiplayer in this game is a miracle to me...
Either I completely dont understand how it's working or it is just very bad balanced and programmed.

I totally agree with all points you listed.
The fact that all games are random and completely unbalanced is one of the biggest issues I think. Should be possible to setup a least a some conditions, like a rank limit.

The Weapons I don't understand either.
I can't tell how often i was killed with just one bazooka shot or missile salvo and when I shot 3 salvos at an enemy he loses 10% of it's health.
IS that because of my low rank only? Is it because of the weapons and armor higher rank players have?

Lag is a big problem as well.
Of course not for the one who is lagging ;)
I had opponents which where basically impossible to hit because they warped through space like Scotty.

Very frustrating!

TimedParadox
09-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Ok, when I got this game I immediately went to single player and completed that. Unfortunately I wasn't aware that nothing transfers over to multiplayer, so I'm stuck with pre-built mechs, and that's not one of my concerns. I start playing and immediately see that it's broken. Here is a list of my problems organized into multiple categories.

Can I copy/paste your review of the problems in Multiplayer into my review?

Link (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447300)

Amnesty
09-30-2010, 09:12 AM
I think they're just using a hat with our account names written on cards.

I think that is giving the matchmaking too much credit. It is more like 30 hats and someone is randomly pulling out names from one hat and throwing them in another hat. So even if there is a hat just begging for one more name to start the match, you get tossed in an empty one.

In short, it is an atrocity. Maybe we should all just reinstall Shogo.

Nroca_Kao
09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Can I copy/paste your review of the problems in Multiplayer into my review?

Link (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447300)

Alright, but be sure to use my revised edition.

TimedParadox
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Alright, but be sure to use my revised edition.

I've instead added a section to my review linking them to other reviews.

SuperRiker
09-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah, not only is melee underpowered but it's completely canceled out by hopping up and down.

My melee wanzer seemed to do great when I was a noob fighting the other noobs, but when I gained ranks I realized all everyone does is hop up and down while they fight. Not only does it dodge 50% of all ranged attacks thrown at you, but it completely dodges all melee attacks. Just simple hopping up and down.

Jumping, in my opinion, should either require the agility backpack or take a lot of energy to do. But I doubt they'll fix it, and I'll not continue to play multiplayer because I don't want to hop up and down like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ with everyone else.

Redvan
09-30-2010, 01:23 PM
it is annoying having to sit around for 5-10 min trying to get in a game with people...

Consoles are ♥♥♥♥, keep their ♥♥♥♥ty methods to themselves i say.

As for balance, I've played vs people way higher than me and haven't really noticed a huge balance difference.

I hardly ever see people jumping continuously. Often I forget that I can jump myself... If you're worried about not being able to hit people with melee, dont use a strictly melee class waaaaaanzerrrrrrr (i like that word)

tbh, we dont really know how the matchmaking works. There are so few players it kinda just needs to throw people onto teams because there's not that many to choose from...

SuperRiker
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Trust me, when the higher ranked wanzers get into real fights, they start hop spamming, especially vs melee.

The only ones I don't see hop spamming are the EMP users, which should be the real counter to melee wanzer.

So why should I have to play a completely different style, that I wanted to play, just because the jump function is easy to spam? It seriously needs to drain energy, and even more energy if you don't have the agility pack.

Redvan
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
or you just need to time your hits better... ;) if your just gonna spam melee vs someone spamming jump, then of course you're not going to hit. There is enough time between jumps to hit them, which stuns them, which is enough time to hit them again.

SuperRiker
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
or you just need to time your hits better... ;) if your just gonna spam melee vs someone spamming jump, then of course you're not going to hit. There is enough time between jumps to hit them, which stuns them, which is enough time to hit them again.

No, there isn't. And hitting them doesn't stun them, it just makes your wanzer move a bit, you can still fire and jump while being hit by melee.

Hopping literally cancels out melee. You might get one or two hits in but it's not nearly enough when you're being hit constantly by the hopper.

You don't really know what you're talking about since you haven't encountered it.

Exia
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah the Multiplayer is the most broken thing ever. I was playing this on release day and they matchmaked all the sergeants (myself included) and like a major to a team then all the privates on the other team. I had to say it was fun pummeling all the privates but I don't think they were very happy. They soon left 1 by one till the game ended.

Melee suck as u said and about everything you said about the multiplayer component is spot on. Basically this is a 50 dollar sp short campaign game because it hard to take the multiplayer seriously when its completely broken. I also Highly doubt they will patch this game with any new updates and lag fixes, I also doubt they will make dlc after they realize they aren't making enough returns through this game because of its half-assed ness.

Nroca_Kao
09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
I had to say it was fun pummeling all the privates but I don't think they were very happy.

Looooooooool.

Gmrxtrme
09-30-2010, 08:33 PM
No, there isn't. And hitting them doesn't stun them, it just makes your wanzer move a bit, you can still fire and jump while being hit by melee.

Hopping literally cancels out melee. You might get one or two hits in but it's not nearly enough when you're being hit constantly by the hopper.

You don't really know what you're talking about since you haven't encountered it.

Nope. There is indeed time between jumps to hit them. If you're using two melee, you can get two hits in. However, they can jump before you can get the next two hits in. Hit them when they land.

I managed to get in a game with just low ranks (1-8?) and had a ball. It was that game that I learned about jumping to avoid being pummeled to death. Jumping is the ONLY way to avoid a dual-melee mech from punching you into scrap. More interesting was that it seemed like everyone was catching onto that fact, people started jumping to avoid melee bash-fests.

The gayness starts when you have MUCH higher ranked players against low ranks. Some dude with a bazooka was against me and another noob, and he could two shot us with it, without even getting direct hits.

So yeah. Fix the matchmaking first. That should fix alot of problems.

Redvan
09-30-2010, 09:52 PM
as gmrxtrme said, there is time between jumps to hit them (unless you're really slow). And if your melee isn't stunning them for a second, then you must not be using the right one.

Metazare
09-30-2010, 10:21 PM
The entire game is flat out shat. The single player was fun to a degree but WAAAAAY too short, we're talking criminally short. The MP is awful, absolute garbage MP. More often than not you'll be sitting in a "Lobby" for upwards of 10+ minutes waiting for the game to toss people in with you and half the time they don't stick around because it takes too damn long.

You can't swap teams in the lobby.

Clan tags are pointless because the odds of playing with your friends or clan mates probably won't happen because of the auto match making. Which also leads to the clan management system or rather the lack there of. I could if I wanted to make myself look like a part of any clan and nobody would know the difference.

You can't change your wanzer type during a match before respawning, so if you picked a wanzer ill suited to fight the other teams wanzers you may as well pick your nose and wait for the match to end.

No "Ready" button to let people know you're not ready yet. But this doesn't matter so much because with wait times for games you have about 15 minutes to configure your wanzer. Oh right, that doesn't matter either because there is no ability to force launch a game, even one that's full.

You are required to wait 1 full minute for a game to launch, and if someone else joins during that time the timer freaks out and will stop till someone else joins.

The timer often counts down to zero and the game never launches, just sits there in limbo and everyone is waiting for it to "Balance" the teams.

I've more than once witnessed the games balancer make a game with 6 people a 4v2 instead of a 3v3. The timer also will sometimes count down and launch a game when an odd numbers of players is present, turning for example a game of 5 players into a 4v1 or 3v2.

I could literally go on all day listing the asstacular design flaws of this game but there is no point, because we already know what they all are.

I should have known better than to buy a game with square enix stamped on it after FF13.

SuperRiker
09-30-2010, 11:39 PM
as gmrxtrme said, there is time between jumps to hit them (unless you're really slow). And if your melee isn't stunning them for a second, then you must not be using the right one.

Well first of all, there's only one type of melee so I'm sure I'm using the right one. It doesn't stun, it just knocks the enemy wanzer around a bit, they can still jump and shoot, as I said.

And as for hitting them when they land, that's total bull♥♥♥♥. Not only can they continue to hit you while they're in the air and you're waiting for them to land, but if you happened to attack right as they're jumping then they're suddenly behind you.
You just can't deal enough damage to them that they can easily deal to you, just because they're hopping up and down.

It's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ how effective simple hopping is. It completely counters an entire class of weapons and strategy.