PDA

View Full Version : hl2dm source sdk broken?

wizzardxexe
09-30-2010, 08:39 PM
hey all,
so hl2dm is apparently broken now in the source sdk, whenever i try to create a new map it says FATAL ERROR wireframe texture missing. how is this fixed? help please :eek:

wizzardxexe
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
uh dennab you ok?
ive noticed you have a lot of angry comments on other peoples psots

oobievision
09-30-2010, 11:02 PM
noticed that myself and he adds promod in all of them.

Jeydog
10-01-2010, 12:35 AM
wizzardxexe, i have not yet tried this, but it worked for me when counter-strike source updated to the orange box engine, so follow these steps:
1. Open source sdk
2. click "Refresh SDK Content"
3. After that's finished, click "Reset Game Configurations"
4. Open up the 2009 engine, and HL2DM should be there

I didn't get a Source SDK update, so i hope it works for you.
Good luck

valar
10-01-2010, 03:57 AM
wizzardxexe, i have not yet tried this, but it worked for me when counter-strike source updated to the orange box engine, so follow these steps:
1. Open source sdk
2. click "Refresh SDK Content"
3. After that's finished, click "Reset Game Configurations"
4. Open up the 2009 engine, and HL2DM should be there

I didn't get a Source SDK update, so i hope it works for you.
Good luck

done it - HL2DM is not there

derrman0426
10-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah it hasn't been added to the SDK yet, and Source Dedicated Server hasn't changed to not include it, it should be using the Team Fortress Dedicated Server now buts its not.

Vonje
10-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Why did they update it without also releasing it for OSX?

derrman0426
10-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Why did they update it without also releasing it for OSX?

It is released for OSX, Mac players can now play it.

Check the store page, it's got Steamplay.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/320/

Sghrn
10-01-2010, 07:59 AM
After refreshing and resetting the sdk files over and over again there is still the failure: Model models/editor/spot.mdl not found an model/error.mdl couldnt be loaded. After this, the game crashes..

when will the hl2dm-sdk be available for SE2009? ever? never? ^^
will the update(!?) fix that errors? or how can i help myself?

Not being able to map makes Sghrn crazy :mad:

I WANNR MA‹11 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKSj0Z0spqo)

pooka01
10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
so, they broke the source sdk... I hope that they will fix it... It is really annoying to wait for it, they didn't test it before?! They didn't changed the hl2 single player source sdk, so why changing the dm one? Are they trying to stop peoples to make maps?

For now, the only thing i suggest you, is making the map's base on the hl2 single player, and when they will release the update, you will have to copy/paste on it.

wizzardxexe
10-03-2010, 10:30 AM
yeah jeydog, i tried that numerous times already, no change. hopefully valve will just fix it eventually like they did counterstrike.

RosietheRiveter
10-03-2010, 11:17 AM
source (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17233349&postcount=30)

You have to manually configure SDK to load Deathmatch under Source 2009.

- Click on Edit Game Configurations

- Under Current Game Configuration:, click on add.

- A box will appear where you can manually input the name and directory of the game you wish load using Source 2009 SDK.

- For Name, enter the name of the game you will be loading into SDK. In this case, it will be Half-Life 2: Deathmatch or any other name you so wish to choose.

- For Directory, click browse... or manually input the directory of the installed game files. For deathmatch, it will be <install drive|directory>\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\<account name>\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp

- Once you have completed these steps, you will need to close Source SDK and re-open it.

- When Source SDK has reopened, select Source 2009 under Engine Version and Current Game select Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (or whatever previous name you put in for DM.)

- Now load Hammer Editor, and from the dropdown menu, select Tools -> Options...

- A Game Configurations window will appear, and make sure Half-Life 2 Deathmatch is selected as you Configuration.

- Below this you will see Game Data files: where there currently should only be one FGD file loaded - $SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\base.fgd - You will need to change this!

- Select $SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\base.fgd and remove it.

- Once you have done this, click on add, and select hl2mp.fgd from your ..\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\ folder.

- After you completed the final step, you may need to close and restart Hammer to load the new FGD file and hl2mp entities.

and more
Info on SDK 2009 tools (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457047)