PDA

View Full Version : hELP

puffader
09-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Can someone link me to the page that tells you how to set up the keyboard to use the arrow keys and for that matter how to set it up to us whatever keys you want? Thanks!

Porkdish
10-01-2010, 02:39 AM
There's a page for that? Never seen it.

Which Tomb Raider game are you talking about?

Guardian of Light stores all key bind data direction in the windows registry (yucky). Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Crystal Dynamics/Lara Croft:GoL/Input/

Not in any easily understandable fashion (they don't even appear to be key code). All commands are entries by number too, so working out what each does is a bloody nightmare. If you can't set something up via the in game controls you're OoL unless you use an external program to capture key strokes while Guardian of Light is running, and remap whatever you pick for directionals, to the arrow keys.

Gryndyl
10-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Just hit esc to go to options. Select controls then select keys and you can customize away.

puffader
10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Im sorry guys, the new one Gaurdian of Light, it won't let me bind the arrow keys and such! Am I doing it wrong?

-Scoobydoo^
10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
when your in game go to your config,where you see the keys,press backspace on any one to change,then apply what you need.

if they dont unbind,dont worry as the arrow keys are the same as w.s.a.d keys.so there is no need to change.but try the backspace method.

puffader
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
when your in game go to your config,where you see the keys,press backspace on any one to change,then apply what you need.

if they dont unbind,dont worry as the arrow keys are the same as w.s.a.d keys.so there is no need to change.but try the backspace method.

Wait, so even though they dont bind I can use the arrow keys?

Vigia
10-01-2010, 06:08 PM
supposly yes.

-Scoobydoo^
10-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Wait, so even though they dont bind I can use the arrow keys?

yes buddy,although they dont show as arrows keys.

int_civ
10-03-2010, 02:40 AM
I also have a LCGoL key question... or control question... And it's not really worth starting a new thread, so I thought I'd drop it here:

What (default) key do you use to drop from a wall hang? Honestly, for the life of me, I cannot figure this out. It used to be the "crouch" control in any of the Tomb Raider games, but right now the only way I can get down from a wall hang is to climb up and then jump.

-Scoobydoo^
10-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I also have a LCGoL key question... or control question... And it's not really worth starting a new thread, so I thought I'd drop it here:

What (default) key do you use to drop from a wall hang? Honestly, for the life of me, I cannot figure this out. It used to be the "crouch" control in any of the Tomb Raider games, but right now the only way I can get down from a wall hang is to climb up and then jump.

interact key i change it to two keys.
1 is on my middle mouse botton
2 is on the keyboard the del key

i cant for the life of me remember the default key that they did use.:p

puffader
10-03-2010, 12:24 PM
yes buddy,although they dont show as arrows keys.

Yep it worked, I know love the game!

int_civ
10-03-2010, 06:59 PM
interact key i change it to two keys.
1 is on my middle mouse botton
2 is on the keyboard the del key

i cant for the life of me remember the default key that they did use.:p

Thanks for the reply. Will try that next chance I have to play (after work today, I reckon). :)

Grrr... why oh why would they change the control scheme from the usual Tomb Raider controls? Yeah, I know this is rather different than the previous games and isn't technically a Tomb Raider game, but that's no reason to change the controls away from what people are used to. :mad:

-Scoobydoo^
10-04-2010, 02:55 AM
something new for people to try out.
everyone likes a change,or maybe not in your case.

when they make the next TR it would be funny as hell if they combined the two together somehow.having the choice on camera views with the guns/power ups as well.[just a thought]