PDA

View Full Version : Where to get archmages?

Jaapie
10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey folks, I've decided to start Armored Princess with the expansion up again as a Mage. I have items and talents that boosts the power of archmages, and I simply love their utility, but so far I have only been able to find one shop on Verona that sells them, and they only had a limited supply of them, which is all dried up now.

I seem to recall Verona had a lot more shops selling arch mages in the original game, but they seem to have been replaced by the dreadful rune mage with the expansion.

I don't know much of the game yet after Verona and Montaro, and I have checked all the weaker islands before these continents, but is there any other isle where archmages are purchasable in the near future? Or can I upgrade any specific units to archmage with the aid of trophies?

Askjosh
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
you can usually find arch mages sold in the mage towers. there are two such towers in the starting area. Also once you get the sacrifice spell you wont ever need to buy any more creatures because you can sacrifice repair bots and then repair them again. for that I usually keep 1 stack of repair bots and one stack of engineers in my party. I then enter an easy battle and have my engineer summon 2 sets of bots. If both bots are guard bots then i reload and try again. If at least one is a repair bot stack then I will sacrifice bots from my main stack to increase the stack size of other stack in my party. I then use the summoned repair bots and the engineer to repair the main stack of repair bots.

urbzie
10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I can usually get a couple at least, at the chapel on a small island @ Scarlet wind, it's guarded by some skeletons but they're not very strong.
Also as mentioned above, the first mage tower. When I've returned back the first stone ( or well second i guess, the one from bolo anyhow ) they usually become available.
Maybe its just been a lucky streak though since the game in general is very random, which is nice.
Another option if you really want to be sure, is to use the savegamescanner which can find out where you can buy what exactly in every savegame, although personally i think this spoils much of the fun of randomness so i wont use it myself.