PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!111!!

mkey
10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
How did you get from $20 (the USA price of the game) to 40 (which is what we sods on this side of the ocean apparently have to pay)?

OK, Steam doesn't tailor the prices, but what's enough is enough, this game for Europeans is almost THREE ♥♥♥♥ING times more expensive.

Will not buy that game ever, it's matter of the principle... three times, seriously?

_jema987
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Check your local stores and online stores, I got mine for ~€23 which currently is just over USD30. Pricier than in the US but still close to half of the steam EU price.

HimikoHime
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Retail price is 40. So I wouldn't buy it on steam. If it's the same price on steam and retail, I prefer a CD with package.

mkey
10-05-2010, 05:05 AM
We don't have that many game stores over here and prices are usually ridiculous so I rely on digital distribution for decently priced games. However, in some cases this is just insane.

ronkmonster
10-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Can you use a US proxy to buy stuff at US prices?

Dagbiker
10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
How did you get from $20 (the USA price of the game) to 40 (which is what we sods on this side of the ocean apparently have to pay)?

OK, Steam doesn't tailor the prices, but what's enough is enough, this game for Europeans is almost THREE ♥♥♥♥ING times more expensive.

Will not buy that game ever, it's matter of the principle... three times, seriously?

the games german so its more likly they went from 40 to $20.

mkey
10-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Can you use a US proxy to buy stuff at US prices?

Probably yes, but there are some legal considerations. Or at least how would Steam see such a purchase.

khardan
11-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I just played the demo and I like it, so I decided to buy it, but then saw the 40.- Price Tag and decided otherwise.

20, maximum 30.- if I'm really desperate for a new game, but not 40.- for a game you play just once trough and costs in US-Dollars and stores here 1/3 of the price.

Make worldwide the same prices, this steam-only high prices specially for Europeans make people to pirate more & getting angry, nothing else.

khardan
11-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Funny enough, if you go to their website: http://shop.deepsilver.us/buy-and-download-Lost_Horizon-718365.html

You can buy the game as download version, and if you browse with the german language the game is 60$ Dollar, but if you switch to the english language, the game is down to 19.99$....

So I guess it's not the fault of steam but of the game publisher that prices are so different.

Now the only question left is... can you buy it there for 19.99$ and activate it in steam?

I don't buy the game to try it out, but if somebody is, let us know please.

laffles
11-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Now the only question left is... can you buy it there for 19.99$ and activate it in steam?

I don't buy the game to try it out, but if somebody is, let us know please.

I've just purchased through the deepsilver site, and no, you can't activate it through steam. just download it though their own download manager (very fast still)

it's still much cheaper than steam though.

F1ach
07-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Got it on GG for 20 bucks.