PDA

View Full Version : 2 Monitors = trouble. Jo wood this might be helpful to you.

lindeo
10-05-2010, 05:32 PM
So I recently got a 2nd monitor (for 3D gaming). When I tried to load gothic 4.. it loaded but it was confused to say the least.

If you have 2 monitors and your gothic won't work disable one monitor and try it again. It solved my problem. But I will still talk about my issue below because I think it may help fix some things.

I installed it one time (prior to installing an 2nd sli card (just an FYI... read on you will see why I mention this)) and it would load on the wrong monitor (non 3d)... even AFTER swapping my primary monitor. My logic was, if it is loading in the wrong monitor and I swap primary's it should follow the same pattern and thus load in the monitor I want. It still loaded in the non 3d monitor.

So later that day I went and bought a 2nd graphics card. Installed that and tried again. The problem got weirder. I reinstalled after updating all my drivers appropriately (BTW I am using 2 nvidia GTX 480's from EVGA). This time it loaded in the correct monitor, but I couldn't see anything.. I could hear the game loaded correctly... but it was lagged and delayed. The monitor it loaded in stayed blank and my 2nd monitor just flickered non stop. So although the game was open and running I couldn't use the menu because things was bugging out.

After all was said and done I disabled my 2nd monitor. Doing this the game loaded and all was fine (the 3d sucked though...and the left eye vision was bugged out a bit).

I beat the demo was disappointed after all my hard work and uninstalled it.

suade907
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I have the same problem this is just stupid.

Uzkaela
10-18-2010, 02:05 AM
I have the same problem this is just stupid.

It was posted by someone from jowood that the problem with the dual screens was going to be soled by a patch this week.
I think it was in the thread "Game loads on wrong screen"

[edit] :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502469
link to the thread in question.