PDA

View Full Version : Deciding whether to purchase Front Mission? It's a good game

Heartsong
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
If you are here in hopes of finding advice on whether or not to pick up the game, make sure you be mindful of where the advice in each thread is coming from. At a cursory glance, you'll find most threads populated by people who are dead set against anybody playing this game. If you delve further in, though, you'll find that what seems to be an overwhelmingly negative forum response is really just the work of three or four people who regularly visit each thread to post negative things about the game.

The game is obviously imperfect and it has a number of issues both in single player and multiplayer, but for the quiet majority, FME offers an extremely deep and engaging play experience which brings quick thinking and reaction to the forefront; a quality which many games today have been lacking.

Before you make a decision based on the loudmouths in the community, take time to read the posts by the ones who aren't hauling a massive chip on their shoulders.

PS. It should be easy to spot the loudmouths - they'll undoubtedly be posting here shortly.

TimedParadox
10-05-2010, 09:13 PM
The game is obviously imperfect and it has a number of issues both in single player and multiplayer, but for the quiet majority, FME offers an extremely deep and engaging play experience which brings quick thinking and reaction to the forefront; a quality which many games today have been lacking.

Que in Peewee laugh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_6nKVdUs-I).

OmniNept
10-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Que in Peewee laugh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_6nKVdUs-I).

There's one!

Metazare
10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm just going to stop arguing with people and start smacking them with frying pans because it's like trying to talk to a cactus.

If the responses are overwhelmingly negative what does that tell you?

OmniNept
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm just going to stop arguing with people and start smacking them with frying pans because it's like trying to talk to a cactus.

If the responses are overwhelmingly negative what does that tell you?

There's two!

Skree
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
There's anot... no. NOt me.

A question: is there localized damage? I am curious as to the ability of blasting a leg off an enemy to lower his agility, or blasting his main weapon arm away. Is it possible?

I already paid for the game, just waiting for release on the 8th.

Redvan
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
boxes are torso, legs, and 2 arms. Taking out the legs will reduce their speed.

OmniNept
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
There's anot... no. NOt me.

A question: is there localized damage? I am curious as to the ability of blasting a leg off an enemy to lower his agility, or blasting his main weapon arm away. Is it possible?

I already paid for the game, just waiting for release on the 8th.

Yes, there is; and I highly recommend blasting legs to reduce maneuverability.

Jags
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Good for quick fun and fast action, but not without its flaws.

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't understand why you're trying to get people to purchase the game, as a niche player who greatly enjoys niche games (mech fighting games in general, I mean huge Armored Core/Mech Warrior/Heavy Gear/Front Mission 1-5 fan) I am gravely disappointed in this game for a variety of reasons, but trying to get people to pay $60 for this game is just plain not right.

You're attempting to explain that a game that is nothing more than a simple console port with almost nothing changed is worth $60 when you can buy a game with better quality for $5 off Amazon. This game has massive potential, but only if SE/DH gets their act together.

Then again my beef lies with multiplayer more than singleplayer, the singleplayer was alright. Its the multiplayer i find atrocious at times, I still play it though, but really wish I had paid half as much for the game as I did.

I'm just more mad that certain people just blow off the complaints like they're not valid, like any of the issues we have with the game aren't warranted because we're "haters" and "haters gonna hate", but the fact is a lot of us aren't just hating it because we want to, we have legitimate concerns to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and its not right for people to void our concerns by simply balling us all together as "idiots" and "negative".

Skree
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, i'm buying it mostly for single player value, and the more it is like mechwarrior the better.

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, i'm buying it mostly for single player value, and the more it is like mechwarrior the better.

Its nothing like Mechwarrior, what you're looking at is Armored Core moreso than Mechwarrior.

TimedParadox
10-06-2010, 07:32 PM

There's nothing in the singleplayer that would warrant $50.

Delphidelion
10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm just more mad that certain people just blow off the complaints like they're not valid, like any of the issues we have with the game aren't warranted because we're "haters" and "haters gonna hate", but the fact is a lot of us aren't just hating it because we want to, we have legitimate concerns to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and its not right for people to void our concerns by simply balling us all together as "idiots" and "negative".

I think everyone has concerns, and it's not like anyone thinks that the game is perfect. Often when someone offers a complaint, others will advise them on how certain aspects of said complaint can be remedied. On the other hand, there are people that believe that it is their duty (by virtue of having bought the game.) to 'save' people from buying the game by harassing the people that want to make a strong community. See the earlier frying pan comment. These are the people that any complaint is usually thrown out the window, or swiftly countered. If they get their act together, play nice, and really want the game to go somewhere, then they should stop harassing the people trying to make this a strong community. It is the games with this aspect that get fan serviced.

galagamo
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I didn't have high expectations to begin with, so I wasn't too disappointed with the game. I was however, disappointed in myself for spending fity bones on it.
My opinion, this game is not worth what they're asking.
But by all means, go right on ahead and buy it, you'll most likely regret it, unless your a masochist.

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I think everyone has concerns, and it's not like anyone thinks that the game is perfect. Often when someone offers a complaint, others will advise them on how certain aspects of said complaint can be remedied. On the other hand, there are people that believe that it is their duty (by virtue of having bought the game.) to 'save' people from buying the game by harassing the people that want to make a strong community. See the earlier frying pan comment. These are the people that any complaint is usually thrown out the window, or swiftly countered. If they get their act together, play nice, and really want the game to go somewhere, then they should stop harassing the people trying to make this a strong community. It is the games with this aspect that get fan serviced.

I think part of the problem some of us see is that if people give it too much positive feedback it doesn't deserve then no one takes a stance on the game actually evolving past what it is, I'd really like to believe this game isn't done, that Square has plans for it past release and its not a one-shot deal (they have a Steam DLC page that's empty right now).

I'm just worried about the game, I paid good money, I had high hopes, those hopes were crushed, but I'm still hopeful, just pissed off and hopeful ;D

Delphidelion
10-06-2010, 10:53 PM
And it is your hopeful response that makes me happy. I think that the wa you set up your greivences is the most constructive way to date on this form.

Vandal7
10-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Very Well stated i feel the same way the game is well worht the money and people seem to want this game to fail without any really good reasons. i have defended this game on gametrailers the best i could but it's always armored core this and tactical turn based crap that, honestly i am really pleased with the way the game turned out and i for one will continue to play it despite all the posers trying to hate on a great mech game.

Skree
10-07-2010, 01:08 AM
There's nothing in the singleplayer that would warrant $50.

I agree, in fact i am paying it 35

qbert39
10-07-2010, 06:43 PM
This game is so bad u can't compare it to armored core. I would wait u will probably be able to get this game in a couple of months for below 10 bucks on a steam sale.

I feel sorry for myself and all the other peeps whom actually forked out the money for this horrible game on day one :eek:

qbert39
10-07-2010, 06:46 PM
I think part of the problem some of us see is that if people give it too much positive feedback it doesn't deserve then no one takes a stance on the game actually evolving past what it is, I'd really like to believe this game isn't done, that Square has plans for it past release and its not a one-shot deal (they have a Steam DLC page that's empty right now).

I'm just worried about the game, I paid good money, I had high hopes, those hopes were crushed, but I'm still hopeful, just jarateed off and hopeful ;D

This is a oneshot deal if they were planning something there would be at least a forum on the devs site or square enix's site in regards to this game. The only forum i have seen on this game is the one on steam and thats it.

Face it Square Enix knew they were releasing a crappy game and that is just sad

SAKONMA
10-08-2010, 02:49 AM
I think that people who try to convince others to buy the game have already bought the game themselves and are worried there wont be anyone online to play multiplayer with.

When giving an honest review of a game you should just bottom line it and tell people whether, after playing it, you think its worth its asking price.