PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive List of Things to Patch

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm just going to start a list of general grievances with the game. If Square-Enix ever decides to start caring at least we may have this as a reference guide to what we need fixed with this game to prolong our enjoyment and playtime.

I will post general grievances from each person tagged with the name of each person that agrees with said grievance and see if we can't get somewhere with this. Everyone is welcome to post their own and I'll add them to the general list.

General
EMP sometimes pulls all your energy without doing the effect
[Bug] EMP targets don't always stay stunned for 1.5 seconds
[Suggestion][b]Ingame chat! - Had to be bolded, a PC game without ingame chat is unheard of.
[Suggestion]Autobalancing - Should balance the teams based on rank at the very least and multiple variables at best.
[Suggestion]Health Kits - Should heal either your most damaged part by x amount, or x amount to all your parts, depending on which heals more
[Suggestion]Jumping - Needs a serious cooldown and make it require (or more if it already does) energy to do
[Suggestion]Lag - The way the game plays out currently, lag is an advantage almost, those with red bars skip around with no issues, bullets don't register properly, and they end up the top scoring players

Systems
[Suggestion]Matchmaking Overhaul - A basic lobby system with server list would do wonders for this game

Abilities
[Suggestion]Abilities - Need to scale based on the weapon used (IE: Corrosive Shot from an LMG should be different than Corrosive Shot on a Burst Rifle or Sniper Rifle), Piercing Shot needs removed or retweaked to not effect Torsos.

Weapons
[Suggestion]Missile Launchers - Rebalance in general, too much damage, too big of a lock-on area, no aim required, fireable while doing anything else, should reset your lock-on if you swing/shoot or if you are hit by melee.
[Suggestion]Sniper Rifles/Bazookas - Need a balance looking at, not from the point of "overpowered" from the point of "hit or miss"

TimedParadox
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm just going to start a list of general grievances with the game. If Square-Enix ever decides to start caring at least we may have this as a reference guide to what we need fixed with this game to prolong our enjoyment and playtime.

I will post general grievances from each person tagged with the name of each person that agrees with said grievance and see if we can't get somewhere with this. Everyone is welcome to post their own and I'll add them to the general list.

General
EMP sometimes pulls all your energy without doing the effect
[Bug] EMP targets don't always stay stunned for 1.5 seconds
[Suggestion][b]Ingame chat! - Had to be bolded, a PC game without ingame chat is unheard of.
[Suggestion]Health Kits - Should heal either your most damaged part by x amount, or x amount to all your parts, depending on which heals more
[Suggestion]Jumping - Needs a serious cooldown and make it require (or more if it already does) energy to do
[Suggestion]Lag - The way the game plays out currently, lag is an advantage almost, those with red bars skip around with no issues, bullets don't register properly, and they end up the top scoring players

Systems
[Suggestion]Matchmaking Overhaul - A basic lobby system with server list would do wonders for this game

Abilities
[Suggestion]Abilities - Need to scale based on the weapon used (IE: Corrosive Shot from an LMG should be different than Corrosive Shot on a Burst Rifle or Sniper Rifle), Piercing Shot needs removed or retweaked to not effect Torsos.

Weapons
[Suggestion]Missile Launchers/RL/GL - Rebalance, I think most people can agree on this one, the current best setup is to run around in a fast wanzer with shield and missile launchers.
[Suggestion]Missile Launchers - Firing anything or swinging a melee weapon should reset your lock-on.
[Suggestion]Sniper Rifles/Bazookas - Need a balance looking at

In before Square Enix Defense Force shows up and tells you the game is fine as it is.

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
What's sad about that is I'm actually TRYING to be constructive about this..

but the SEDF will sure as hell send their special forces after me for this post eventually =(

Rahab_mx
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
you missed the autoabalancing feature, if SE can't fix it at leats they should give the players the ability to switch teams so player can manually even the teams

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 07:02 PM
you missed the autoabalancing feature, if SE can't fix it at leats they should give the players the ability to switch teams so player can manually even the teams

Adding.

SlyNicolai
10-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Auto balance might mess up every now and then but dont make it manual... teams will be stacked every time if players are allowed to decide.

Personally I think everything is fine in the game the way it is.

Shadowclaimer
10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Auto balance might mess up every now and then but dont make it manual... teams will be stacked every time if players are allowed to decide.

I'll fix the autobalance post to not allow players to choose.

Delphidelion
10-06-2010, 10:48 PM

but the SEDF will sure as hell send their special forces after me for this post eventually =(

Not really, unless people are just being asses. This is actually nice to see. Someone willing to put the time into noting how they think the game could be better without throwing around unnecessary language, and even giving decent reasoning. Keep it up.

Redvan
10-06-2010, 11:18 PM
sniper rifles are fine, people just aren't good at maneuvering with their developer given maneuverability.

Vandal7
10-07-2010, 12:34 AM

Well then you need glasses and a brain exam the auto balance screws us every single time without fail and whats up with the graphics dude seriously i play crisis and bad company 2 no problem
at least give us more options to disable some of this junk killing my framerate it's ridiculous. other than that the game is fun really fun

Zearus
10-07-2010, 12:36 AM

Misguided assumptions...
On The contrary, Most of what you've said is on the money. The only two things I disagree about are the first and last items under "Weapons"

Weapons

[Suggestion]Missile Launchers/RL/GL - Rebalance, I think most people can agree on this one, the current best setup is to run around in a fast wanzer with shield and missile launchers.

[Suggestion]Missile Launchers - Firing anything or swinging a melee weapon should reset your lock-on.

[Suggestion]Sniper Rifles/Bazookas - Need a balance looking at

While the the following "defensive" tactics might seem to be paraphrased, the arrival of such conclusions are easily inferred through logical evaluation while accounting what the game allows you to do.

Shield and Mounted ML - Can be dealt with by staying in close and circle strafing around the target, constantly having the enemy wanzer pivoting to relock only to have their missiles' inadequate turning rate fail to make contact. If you can't get close be aware of nearby cover.

Shield/RL - Midrange at the closest; you can easily evade direct hits and splash at this distance due to rockets' straight forward and slow moving nature.

Shield/GL - Once again, midrange at the closest and evade direct hits and splash.

Bazookas - One more time, midrange and evade.

Snipers - Like all shooters, snipers will always have high damage output per shot, BUT unlike most games, FME allows to once again, give the players plentiful movement options to make yourself a hard target to hit. It doesn't come to a surprise that one would get picked off while not moving and especially while out in the open.

Underlining objective for the aforementioned "Defensive" situations and combinations thereof (I know its redundant but seriously): STAY IN MOTION and/or FIND COVER.

Furthermore don't start thinking that everything I've said sort of points to "run away." The "Offensive" tactics are entirely dependent on the arsenal chosen. A Big thing people are neglecting is the fact that the broad range customization allows for very possibly ineffective wanzers. Contrary to the thoughts that the opposition has seemingly unbalanced or overpowered parts, The actually fault rests upon the player designing the possibly ineffective wanzer and/or how they choose to use it.

REMEMBER: Either choose the weapons/parts according to the role you want to play, or Choose the role according to the weapons/parts you want to play with, e.g., don't actively engage a suspecting Splash, Spray or Scatter shooter while in a dual melee setup and expect a favorable outcome. Inversely, while the target is in mist of battle or seemingly alone and unwary, sneak up, and start bashing, but wisely, while accounting the surrounding teammate(s) and/or other foe(s).

Finally interrupting Lock-on during melee sounds like a great idea actually, whether it be reseting lock-on while missile users swing for a melee or disrupting lock-on of missile users when hit by melee (That is to say if the latter is not already implemented).

Anyways thats my two cents. Changing your list is not needed, but please take a serious look at it and/or what I've said.

P.S. Big News!
You can shoot down lock-on missiles with bullet type weaponry. There was mentioning of this while finishing up my play through of the campaign yesterday. I just hadn't the chance to test it during multiplayer till now. If you have decent tracking skills you can seriously minimize damage. This doesn't allow much time to concentrate fire on anything else, but it allows players a bit more flexibility when traversing between cover or approaching a missile user. This game just got a little more awesome gameplay-wise in my mind.

Jags
10-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Agree with the OP, I'm really hoping for DLC and patches, but I'm not holding my breath.

Shadowclaimer
10-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Misguided assumptions...
On The contrary, Most of what you've said is on the money. The only two things I disagree about are the first and last items under "Weapons"

While the the following "defensive" tactics might seem to be paraphrased, the arrival of such conclusions are easily inferred through logical evaluation while accounting what the game allows you to do.

Shield and Mounted ML - Can be dealt with by staying in close and circle strafing around the target, constantly having the enemy wanzer pivoting to relock only to have their missiles' inadequate turning rate fail to make contact. If you can't get close be aware of nearby cover.

Shield/RL - Midrange at the closest; you can easily evade direct hits and splash at this distance due to rockets' straight forward and slow moving nature.

Shield/GL - Once again, midrange at the closest and evade direct hits and splash.

Bazookas - One more time, midrange and evade.

Snipers - Like all shooters, snipers will always have high damage output per shot, BUT unlike most games, FME allows to once again, give the players plentiful movement options to make yourself a hard target to hit. It doesn't come to a surprise that one would get picked off while not moving and especially while out in the open.

Underlining objective for the aforementioned "Defensive" situations and combinations thereof (I know its redundant but seriously): STAY IN MOTION and/or FIND COVER.

Furthermore don't start thinking that everything I've said sort of points to "run away." The "Offensive" tactics are entirely dependent on the arsenal chosen. A Big thing people are neglecting is the fact that the broad range customization allows for very possibly ineffective wanzers. Contrary to the thoughts that the opposition has seemingly unbalanced or overpowered parts, The actually fault rests upon the player designing the possibly ineffective wanzer and/or how they choose to use it.

REMEMBER: Either choose the weapons/parts according to the role you want to play, or Choose the role according to the weapons/parts you want to play with, e.g., don't actively engage a suspecting Splash, Spray or Scatter shooter while in a dual melee setup and expect a favorable outcome. Inversely, while the target is in mist of battle or seemingly alone and unwary, sneak up, and start bashing, but wisely, while accounting the surrounding teammate(s) and/or other foe(s).

Finally interrupting Lock-on during melee sounds like a great idea actually, whether it be reseting lock-on while missile users swing for a melee or disrupting lock-on of missile users when hit by melee (That is to say if the latter is not already implemented).

Anyways thats my two cents. Changing your list is not needed, but please take a serious look at it and/or what I've said.

P.S. Big News!
You can shoot down lock-on missiles with bullet type weaponry. There was mentioning of this while finishing up my play through of the campaign yesterday. I just hadn't the chance to test it during multiplayer till now. If you have decent tracking skills you can seriously minimize damage. This doesn't allow much time to concentrate fire on anything else, but it allows players a bit more flexibility when traversing between cover or approaching a missile user. This game just got a little more awesome gameplay-wise in my mind.

The problem that comes up though is the fact that the mobility game is instantly voided if your opponent runs with a more mobile wanzer than you. They have ♥♥♥♥ tons of missiles and a shield on the lightest wanzer in the game? How do you circle strafe someone that uses half the energy you do and moves way faster?

RL/GL probably shouldn't have been included in that, it was moreso a "investigate the balance of these items" rather than a "nerf them", some things (Like the Sniper Rifle) I don't find to be overpowered, but the way they play ingame tends to either borderline on absolutely terrible or absolutely amazing.

But your points are definitely taken into future consideration of my gameplay, thank you for the pointers ^^ and @ the shooting down missiles bit, my shotguns just became eons better.

Edit: Even though you suggested I don't modify the list, I went ahead and removed GL/RL from the listing (I don't see them enough to be providing a solid opinion on them, and they do actually require some level of aim), tried to explain my Sniper/Bazooka argument a bit more.

GrimCW
10-07-2010, 09:44 PM
[Suggestion]Ingame chat! - Had to be bolded, a PC game without ingame chat is unheard of.

Transformers War For Cybertron has this issue as well.

port jobs are getting lazier than ever.

tbh i like this one for SP anywho, but it needs some optimization, its runs sluggish yet doesn't seem to show reasons as to why...
even turning things down i find a stutter bug from time to time eating away at my wanzers legs