PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Duty

Jags
10-07-2010, 03:23 AM
I have some questions for anyone who has done this.

Is it really starting over as Rank 1? As in... all your customized 'Mechs are reset and you go back to having only 1 custom slot, in addition to losing everything you've unlocked.

Anything else you noticed when you hit the tour of duty button worth mentioning?

SlyNicolai
10-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Im doing the TOD rank thing too. From what I see... its basically just to show off a fancy rank in the lobby thats it. Other than that I think it starts you from the beginning again with all the original weapons and equipment. And you earn them all back ranking up again. Im not for sure... it didnt let me unlock anything and Im at rank 17 in first TOD rank and I dont got ♥♥♥♥ to use. If you do actually have to go in and unlock a weapon I dont know how. Kinda jaratees me off I lost my weapons and setup I had that I was good with. I guess this is where Im learning other new things like sniping. Snipings not bad in the game.

Lucifa told me you unlock 1 weapon or something in the rank. I dont know what he was talking about but I havent been able to unlock ♥♥♥♥.

The only really advantage of having a TOD rank is to hide your true rank from others so they dont know what weapons you have unlocked. lol

SlyNicolai
10-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe its just me... but... I dont remember the Kehei and Zephyr one of the first unlocks for the wanzer parts which I thought was weird. Maybe unlocking things is in a different order in TOD ranks I dont know. If thats true I hope I get the bazooka next. Sick and tired of these damn dual machine guns.

Redvan
10-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Maybe its just me... but... I dont remember the Kehei and Zephyr one of the first unlocks for the wanzer parts which I thought was weird. Maybe unlocking things is in a different order in TOD ranks I dont know. If thats true I hope I get the bazooka next. Sick and tired of these damn dual machine guns.

i think there are more than enough bazooka noobs out there. :)

SlyNicolai
10-07-2010, 11:16 AM
i think there are more than enough bazooka noobs out there. :)

Bazooka is a good weapon. If you have it unlocked use it.

Redvan
10-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Bazooka is a good weapon. If you have it unlocked use it.

it's a good weapon because it's very easy to use, yes. I have it unlocked, I just dont use it because I like a challenge.

SlyNicolai
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Might be easy to use but take advantage of it because the chances are you are going to go up against someone thats good showing no mercy using it.

Redvan
10-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Might be easy to use but take advantage of it because the chances are you are going to go up against someone thats good showing no mercy using it.

1v1 they can try all they want :) more than 1? I'll take the challenge

Jags
10-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Another question, I've seen different people with different special icons, did you get to choose the icon when you picked a TOD, or is it random?

Also, do you still have 5 slots for customized 'Mechs, or back to only 1?

As for Bazookas... I personally don't like them, but I don't want this thread to be a zooka thread, so I'll just leave this:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2730/nozooks.jpg
and leave it at that. =D

SlyNicolai
10-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Another question, I've seen different people with different special icons, did you get to choose the icon when you picked a TOD, or is it random?

Also, do you still have 5 slots for customized 'Mechs, or back to only 1?

As for Bazookas... I personally don't like them, but I don't want this thread to be a zooka thread, so I'll just leave this:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2730/nozooks.jpg
and leave it at that. =D

When you start TOD you are back to rank 1 again (everything is reset even the slots are back to 1) but you have a different icon that hides what your rank is... it still says you are staff sergeant 1, staff sergeant 2 but instead of the staff sergeant rank you have a TOD rank... thats it. You dont get to pick your rank either, the first TOD rank is some blue and white, the second is black and red and the third is a green and white not for sure what the 4th one is yet.

Basically if you do Tour of duty you have to earn everything back just to wear a special rank in the lobby.

Jags
10-07-2010, 11:03 PM
In that case Tabako is craaaazy.
Thanks for the info, I'll probably just sit at max rank for a while, I don't want to have to reacquire the Caballas (my favorite) set because it doesn't unlock until very late.