PDA

View Full Version : No infinity mode?

lgm1979
10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I literally just finished the game like 2 minutes ago, and... there's no infinite mode? WTH? Seeing as how that was the most popular mode of the original, you'd think it would be in the sequel.

Not that I wanted to have to play a game on my pc for 15 hours straight or anything (I did 14 hours straight on my 360 for the first game's infinite mode, and that is not a nice thing for a company to make you do with a game) but I kinda figured they'd make it so you could save in infinite mode, but just once a day or something like that.

Seriously, no infinite mode?

IceMave
10-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't think Infinity Mode was THAT popular. But. I did like it. I assume they took it out and used TIR as a substitute to prevent pirates from getting more content out of the game they don't deserve as they can't play online without GFWL. Infinity Mode will probably be DLC.

PhamousVegas
10-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't think Infinity Mode was THAT popular. But. I did like it. I assume they took it out and used TIR as a substitute to prevent pirates from getting more content out of the game they don't deserve as they can't play online without GFWL. Infinity Mode will probably be Xbox/PS3 Exclusive DLC.

Fixed.

IceMave
10-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Fixed.

Now don't say that. Let's just hope that Dead Rising 2 sold well on the PC. I mean there is the menu option to get the DLC in DR2.

PhamousVegas
10-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I would love there to be PC DLC.
But I really doubt it.

So far all of the Clothes Addons are Console Exclusives, same with Case Zero and Case West...
I know there is a DLC Menu, but from what I've heard there is a DLC menu for Resident Evil 5 PC as well...
and that game never received PC DLC.

I could be wrong though, I've never played RE5 on PC myself.
Just what everyone is saying...

IceMave
10-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I could be wrong though, I've never played RE5 on PC myself.
Just what everyone is saying...

RE5 sold poorly on the PC though, even though it was a great PC port.

PhamousVegas
10-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Alright.
Well, if sales are the issue: Hopefully DR2 PC gets a lot of 'em.

lgm1979
10-07-2010, 11:50 PM

Yeah it was a great port, ran amazingly well and looked just INSANE, especially when you used the ENB color mod for it, WOW! That turned it into the best looking game I've ever seen. Better gfx than Crysis, IMO (physics wise, Crysis is still tops, obviously)

Problem with RE5 was one thing, and it is shocking to see in this day and age: You couldn't move and shoot. That's a huge turnoff for many gamers now, as that old school, 90's era play mechanic is beyond dated.

I think DR2 should sell better on pc than RE5 did. Hopefully we won't get shafted and get no DLC. And I do not consider "clothes packs" to be DLC. I say screw the consoles, they're outdated hardware and can barely run games like this at a good framerate. Clearly there is a lot of people buying the game on steam, so we should be able to get DLC, hopefully infinite mode, at some point.

Either that or the modders can create one!

Darmoth85
10-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Yeah it was a great port, ran amazingly well and looked just INSANE, especially when you used the ENB color mod for it, WOW! That turned it into the best looking game I've ever seen. Better gfx than Crysis, IMO (physics wise, Crysis is still tops, obviously)

Problem with RE5 was one thing, and it is shocking to see in this day and age: You couldn't move and shoot. That's a huge turnoff for many gamers now, as that old school, 90's era play mechanic is beyond dated.

I think DR2 should sell better on pc than RE5 did. Hopefully we won't get shafted and get no DLC. And I do not consider "clothes packs" to be DLC. I say screw the consoles, they're outdated hardware and can barely run games like this at a good framerate. Clearly there is a lot of people buying the game on steam, so we should be able to get DLC, hopefully infinite mode, at some point.

Yeah I bought and played RE5 on steam... I beat it only because a friend wanted me to play co-op. If they're gonna turn the franchise into some pseudo action game, allow me to move and shoot. Seriously. Japan is falling behind the times...

And yeah I seriously doubt that we'll see any DLC soon anyway. As I understand Microsoft bought the rights to at least one or two of them being being X-Box exclusive. However it was said that the clothing DLC might make it to the PC sometime after the console release.

aggies11
10-08-2010, 03:46 AM
It's a PC game, so hopefully that sort of thing can be modded in. Depending on how good the scripting engine is, there might be a way to have your health degrade over time (ie. hunger), the timer can be stopped/slowed and maybe a special mission script developed. I think that mode has more potential then something like multiplayer, which others are working on.

GamiCross
10-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Infinity mode... You mean that mode where you horded food then just waited for HOURS on end, eating one piece of full-recovery food then waiting another few hours?

Yeah, I'm not seeing the appeal of keeping this game running for 14 hours straight.

Now if you're asking about a free-roam mode, that's already in the game. You can still ♥♥♥♥ around and do things after the cases and katey's zombrex expires.

zerrok
10-08-2010, 04:15 AM

I told you before and i'll tell you again.

You can't just re-release a game months later and expect it to sell good because it was enhanced for the PC. People who wanted to buy Resident evil 5 bought it on the consoles, they wouldn't wait for the PC improved version.

IceMave
10-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Blah blah I'll repeat myself

Right, PC gamers continue to dig their own graves when it comes to games.

oO Mr Pibb Oo
10-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Infinity mode... You mean that mode where you horded food then just waited for HOURS on end, eating one piece of full-recovery food then waiting another few hours?

Yeah, I'm not seeing the appeal of keeping this game running for 14 hours straight.

Now if you're asking about a free-roam mode, that's already in the game. You can still ♥♥♥♥ around and do things after the cases and katey's zombrex expires.

That was the Survival mode, in Dead Rising. Which had Story, Overtime, Freeplay, and Survival modes. I personally would have liked to see all of these return (DR2 has Story, Overtime, and sorta an infinity mode when you let Katey zombify).

oO Mr Pibb Oo
10-08-2010, 04:45 AM

Im gonna try this ENB color mod you suggest.

lgm1979
10-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Im gonna try this ENB color mod you suggest.

You won't regret it. They literally covered up how amazing the gfx are in the game with that green/brown "sheen" that covers everything. Once that's removed, you can really see how the game is supposed to look, and boy does it look incredible.

h0tp0ck3t
10-08-2010, 07:48 AM

lol i was actually crazy enough to do it :D
i thought it was stupid then but now i kinda wish it was back

turtlesoup
10-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I expect we will get it for download later on. since the first one sold so well, they are obviously carving this one up to milk for all it's worth. they will use a la carte items to nickle and dime the xbox/ps3, then probably wait a few months to sell them off along with addon modes in some sort of xpac for pc.