PDA

View Full Version : Campaign ending...

SAKONMA
10-08-2010, 02:43 AM
For those of you who have played through the single player campaign...

I put up with the ridiculous characters and stupid dialogue through the game because I was having a good enough time blowing things up..

But seriously, how friggin DAFT is the ending?!?! :rolleyes:

Jags
10-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Singleplayer is a pretty big let down, multi is actually better by far, if you can get past some annoying balance issues and a lack of features.

TimedParadox
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Singleplayer is a pretty big let down, multi is actually better by far, if you can get past some annoying balance issues and a lack of features.

Which is like saying, "playing the single player is like shooting yourself in the foot with a 9mm, but multiplayer is better because it's only a .22cal."

Hendar
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Thought most of the story was pretty lame but it has enjoyable gameplay. It's fun to make new wanzers and try out different weapons, what wanzers was it you got for pre-purchasing the game?

NorthStar462
10-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I haven't seen the ending yet, but I don't get why people slam the story so much. A mysterious group's mastermind uses deception to exploit the politics of various factions and incite infighting between them... Mass Effect anyone? A once good person is coerced into slaughtering those they love under the influence of a powerful force... Warcraft, Starcraft? Can someone give me an example of a game with what they consider a good story?

Goro_san
10-09-2010, 02:53 AM
yea it starts not bad.
But wait till you get further, its hilarius XD

TimedParadox
10-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I haven't seen the ending yet, but I don't get why people slam the story so much. A mysterious group's mastermind uses deception to exploit the politics of various factions and incite infighting between them... Mass Effect anyone? A once good person is coerced into slaughtering those they love under the influence of a powerful force... Warcraft, Starcraft? Can someone give me an example of a game with what they consider a good story?

If the voice acting and the cliched and out of place "romance" didn't make you want to stick your head in a vat of sulfuric acid, I don't know what will.

It wasn't the "story" that killed the game as much as the characters. I really think Hamilton was the only character that was worthwhile and not a pain in the ♥♥♥ to listen to.

SlyNicolai
10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
What was the name of the old guy that fought with you? Forgot his name. He didnt even sound old but I didnt really care.