PDA

View Full Version : Sol Survivor Soundtrack for sale as well

Ryuubei
10-08-2010, 06:07 PM
hehehe joking lol

I was doing some research into SS for my review, mainly looking to see if it was a steam only release. Or if it was released as a game to shops. What i found was something interesting, while the game itself dosent seem to have a disk release, the music from the game is available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sol-Survivor-Soundtrack/dp/B003EPREJI/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286582500&sr=301-1

I have to admit i like the musil of Sol, and since this is only $5 i'm really tempted to buy it. Does the game developer get any cash from the soundtrack sales?

petercrab5
10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I dunno. But the soundtrack is nice

eliminator2k
10-08-2010, 11:16 PM
(I'm a Cadenza Dev)

We contracted out the music to one of our good friends and he gets almost all of the cash from the soundtrack sales. He totally deserves every penny he gets for it!

EnsignBlue
10-10-2010, 12:02 AM
I would buy this game purely for the ridiculously awesome music. The tower defence is just icing on the cake haha.

Nekomancer
10-10-2010, 05:37 AM
I bought the soundtrack the day it was released. Yes, that one is pure awesome and it's nice to hear he gets his fair share.

Centy
10-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Can't you just go into the music folder of the game and get them there?

tuxdev
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
The soundtrack has been remixed a bit for better standalone listening.

rainbowlove
10-12-2010, 09:33 AM
It was actually my main reason why i bought the game. Music and great interface sound effects.

cydereal
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Our sound guy is really awesome, and all of the music and effects were done in his free time. While we were producing the sound, he was graduating from school AND getting married. He took a slice of time and crushed through everything, and still sounded like a champion.

We put the soundtrack up so he can make a few bucks for his hard work. Like most indie products, you can get it for free, but paying for the remastered "official" version helps us keep making good stuff! :)

FAButzke
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree. The music is great.
It's so great that I paused the games a few times to listen to it. =)
Give him my congrats!

Centy
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Our sound guy is really awesome, and all of the music and effects were done in his free time. While we were producing the sound, he was graduating from school AND getting married. He took a slice of time and crushed through everything, and still sounded like a champion.

We put the soundtrack up so he can make a few bucks for his hard work. Like most indie products, you can get it for free, but paying for the remastered "official" version helps us keep making good stuff! :)

If he made a version of the main theme without the drum loops I would love him and to quote that guy from Robocop. "I'd buy that for a dollar"