PDA

View Full Version : Marketing For This Game Sucks!

Otaku_Son
10-08-2010, 08:09 PM
For the longest time, this item had been unavailable for pre-purchase. They announced it like two months before it was released, but it wasn't until the last week before release that it was finally purchasable. This should have been the first clue that marketing for this game was going to be bad.

Then during that last week, they advertised, "Pre-Order Exclusive Costume!" gothic costume. Nevermind the image link was broken and nobody was able to see what it looked like; second clue. But anyway, I figured $15 wasn't a bad price for a new game, and I got a pre-order exclusive costume, too. So I bought the game (with only a few days to spare, since I hadn't been able to pre-purchase it before).

But today, I discover not only is Blade Kitten now down to $10 (when it hasn't even been out for a month), but that "pre-order exclusive" costume is available to everyone now.

The marketing for this game has royally sucked all around. And yes, $5 does matter that much because I could use it to go purchase another indy game.

workerbee10
10-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Yup. The $5 drop was enough to convince me to get it. I spent the extra $5 on the Master of Orion 1 and 2 bundle on Impulse.

Although I wouldn't call what you're talking about "marketing". Marketing would imply how they're advertising the game, you know, getting it known.

TJF588
10-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Yup. The $5 drop was enough to convince me to get it. I spent the extra $5 on the Master of Orion 1 and 2 bundle on Impulse.
B-but, GOG's got it (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2) for $4.19 right now (http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_classics) (or $2.99 as part of a pack), with little goodies to boot.

Impulse is client-based, right? (Couldn't clearly tell from the little time I spent poking around there.) I think Steam is all the client I'll be needing for my gaming, so it's kinda blinded for me.

flava_clown
10-09-2010, 07:17 AM
The marketing for this game has royally sucked all around. And yes, $5 does matter that much because I could use it to go purchase another indy game.

you forgot to mention that the storepage offers 19 level while the game have right now only 13 and it's just episode 1 from 2!

and if the price drop piss you off already... head over to gamersgate where the game is even cheaper right now ;)

Otaku_Son
10-09-2010, 02:58 PM
you forgot to mention that the storepage offers 19 level while the game have right now only 13 and it's just episode 1 from 2!

and if the price drop jarate you off already... head over to gamersgate where the game is even cheaper right now ;)Psh! This is the sort of crap we get for being honest gamers who buy legit copies of games?

I think I'm going to join the pirate ship.

flava_clown
10-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Psh! This is the sort of crap we get for being honest gamers who buy legit copies of games?

I think I'm going to join the pirate ship.

to pirate games because of it, is no solution. you just shot in your own leg, coz if everybody thinks that way then sooner or later there won't be someting to pirate.

however i agree with you, this is not the way how a company should treat their honest buyer. though there are companies like ubisoft which treat their costumer even worst, not to mention the abusive way from blizzard/activison... it's a shame how they treat their fans now... without all the fans they wouldn't be what they are now, unfortunately they forgot this... and as long as people keep supporting them by buying their products they will keep doing it.

Kub666
10-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Yep, they've effectively cheated their customers, and to add insult to injury, my freaking keyboard is still not working with this game. Disappointment all the way.

Otaku_Son
10-10-2010, 01:10 PM
you just shot in your own leg, coz if everybody thinks that way then sooner or later there won't be someting to pirate.And that's why not everyone thinks like a pirate. Even I pumped a lot of money into legit games, but crap like this really takes the cake.

I mean, if I had picked up a physical copy of this game in a local retail store, and the price dropped within less than 30 days of my purchase, I could take the receipt back and get a refund of the price difference.

workerbee10
10-10-2010, 02:49 PM
B-but, GOG's got it (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2) for $4.19 right now (http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_classics) (or $2.99 as part of a pack), with little goodies to boot.

Impulse is client-based, right? (Couldn't clearly tell from the little time I spent poking around there.) I think Steam is all the client I'll be needing for my gaming, so it's kinda blinded for me.

I got it before GOG's deal.

Also, I just add all my games, including my Impulse games, to my Steam hub, so they're all accessed in the same place. It's basically the same as if I bought the games on Steam.

Tyrax Lightning
11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Yep, they've effectively cheated their customers, and to add insult to injury, my freaking keyboard is still not working with this game. Disappointment all the way.
I have confirmed success playing the Blade Kitten Demo on this Keyboard, which I also love! :D

I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK Black 104 Key USB/PS2 Wired Back-lit Gaming Keyboard (Orange LED) (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823204015)

Hope this helps!

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention, the Marketing for this game is indeed a fixer-upper, maybe that was part of the reason for the price drop. who knows?