PDA

View Full Version : Controller enabled is glitchy.

JamesMichael
10-08-2010, 08:10 PM
It doesn't seem to work, the fire/shoot button seems to not fire no matter what button i assign it on my logitech dual action. It worked in single player but not when I assign it to player 2 with player 1 having the keyboard and mouse.

MADDOGGE
10-08-2010, 08:58 PM
It might help if you mentioned which game it is. I'm assuming GoL only because there is no co-op in the real TR games that I know of but FYI this is the TR forums not the GoL forums. So it can be confusing without a game name;)

Anyway I believe there is already a thread on this issue. Did you do a search yet? The other guy also had a Logitech controller instead of a 360 one and was having similar issues I believe.

This might help:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447679

JamesMichael
10-09-2010, 09:07 PM
It might help if you mentioned which game it is. I'm assuming GoL only because there is no co-op in the real TR games that I know of but FYI this is the TR forums not the GoL forums. So it can be confusing without a game name;)

Anyway I believe there is already a thread on this issue. Did you do a search yet? The other guy also had a Logitech controller instead of a 360 one and was having similar issues I believe.

This might help:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447679

first, this is the correct forum. GoL is actually apart of the tomb raider series, according to how the steam forums are ran. Its odd, I know.

second, thanks for your help but as you can see this information did me no good as I was able to play but couldn't fire a weapon, its an odd thing where the game doesn't detect the left stick being moved to aim

third, the fix. Launch the logitech drivers without any profile loaded on the gamepad then launch GOL then assign the gamepad to the players and reset defaults to each player after assigning them.

Thanks for your help and I hope this helps others:

note you must aim before shooting so you have to use your (default) left stick to aim while holding the fire button (default button 6)

SquallLion1
10-23-2010, 01:21 PM
i play with :
* one player mode: xbox360 controler
*two player : 2 Dual Shock SONY (PSx &PS2)
excellent

ShadowHawk81
11-07-2010, 01:59 PM
third, the fix. Launch the logitech drivers without any profile loaded on the gamepad then launch GOL then assign the gamepad to the players and reset defaults to each player after assigning them

Good info, thanks. Was having the same problem with my Logitech XBOX Chillstream Gamepad.

BattleAxe_604
11-19-2010, 08:08 PM
It doesn't seem to work, the fire/shoot button seems to not fire no matter what button i assign it on my logitech dual action. It worked in single player but not when I assign it to player 2 with player 1 having the keyboard and mouse.

I use a controller for most of my gaming also, whether its on my PS3 or Steam. One rule of thumb that I figured out before I really started to get into PC gaming, is that if you're going to use a controller, make sure you use an XBOX 360 controller. All the developers in the industry seem to like to use Xinput, so I use what the industry supports best. This is comming from someone who has been using Sony Playstation controllers for the past 15 years.

bojo600
11-21-2010, 12:16 PM
I have the logitech dual action also, but it works fine, i assigned the analog sticks for totec as move & aim, the 6,8,5,7 buttons as shoot, bomb, shield up and shield guard, the d-pad as weps, the 1,2,3 as action, jump, roll, and 4 was unneeded, 9 and 10 are inventory and pause, but thats about it and it works really well when i play with my little bro