PDA

View Full Version : Blurry textures / graphic glitches with GTX 470

Angry Alien
10-11-2010, 04:00 PM
When I installed Darksiders in my rig was still a 9800 GT running and the game just worked fine.

Now I upgradet to a GTX 470 and all of a sudden I got totally blurry textures and in some areas some kind of glowing fog on the screen.

The strangest thing is - when I jump or climb a wall the textures all of a sudden look as sharp as before only to turn blurry again when I land.

Anyone experienced this too or knows how to fix it?

DeTard
10-11-2010, 04:50 PM
You switched video cards so you might be having an issue where it's trying to use your old settings. I would suggest you try to delete your options files and see if that fixes it.

On Win7, simply open up a new Windows Explorer window (double-click "Computer"), and type into the address bar %LOCALAPPDATA% (include the "%"s) and hit enter. In there will be two files. I would first try to move both files to your desktop, and then start the game up again. See if that fixes it.

If you are on XP, you'll need to open up My Computer, then navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Darksiders. Note that Local Settings and Application Data are both HIDDEN. You will have to manually type in these folder names to get there. Also "<username>" should be replaced by whatever you entered for your username when you first setup your computer.

Angry Alien
10-12-2010, 06:33 AM
That did do the trick, thank you very much!

Now that was quick help indeed. :)