PDA

View Full Version : Review Gothic 4 -1080P MAX 100% Everything 60 FPS+-

EmanuelMaldo
10-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok so i played the demo, and took my time. I played it for 3 hours straight and got/did everything you could in the demo. Alright so, the game runs perfectly smooth with 1080P Max everything. Graphics look AMAZING, but what kills it for me, the game feels CHEAP. Just that cheap developer feel to it. Kinda like STALKER games, DX10 graphics, Open world, but you still end up feeling your playing a cheapo game.

Another thing that kills it, is everything in the game looks nice, but when you get to the Ocean, it looks so freaking cheap. Beautifully moving waves, but the textures on it are bland blue.
(Take example of Just cause 2 water, OMFG god like).

PROS:

-Smooth Game play
-Graphics (except Water)
-The Open World
-Love switching from sword/shield to bow/crossbow to wizard on the fly.
-Crafting
-Controller Support

CONS:

-That Cheap Feeling.
-In game cut scenes/dialog's feels so cheap.
-Ocean looks like a joke.
-Cant select lvl up skills with controller. So you have to keep switching up from X360C to K&M constantly.
-No CO OP/Multiplayer.
-NO Steam Achievements (Seriously? least u can do for a single player game!!!)

I would of just ignore all the CONS if ONLY the game didn't have that CHEAP feeling!!

Dwutlenek
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
take away "the game runs perfectly smooth with 1080P Max everything" and you have full game,

Korten12
10-11-2010, 11:21 PM
the last two cons seem to be more of opinions then a real con. Also why are you using a controller? O_O? I mean if you bought it on 360 then okay that understandable of course but why for a PC Game..?

EmanuelMaldo
10-11-2010, 11:27 PM
take away "the game runs perfectly smooth with 1080P Max everything" and you have full game,

I never ever listen to the post's when people complain the game doesn't run well, or that it has bugs galore. Not everyone can have a PC like mine, and take care of it like i do.

I recently got Final Fantasy XIV and its been known by 90% of its players on the forums that it has TONS and TONS of bugs and disconnection issues.

Well guess what? i been playing FFXIV 100% BUG free and 0 lag issues for the past 2-3 days. U know why? because MY PC can handle it and its CLEAN and fully updated. Same goes for Gothic 4 demo. Waa waaa game doesnt run smooth, waa waa bugs, yet i experienced none.

So, when you have xbox 360 pop in and play kids who try to play hot pc games that require their moms savings account, and try to play it on Pentium 4 un-cleaned/un-updated drivers with a 64-mb video card. SO they get 5 FPS or cant launch the game and then flood the forums blaming the developers or steam itself.

NOTE TO ALL:

DO NOT listen to the average forum player, for not ALL can have Powerful gaming PC's and also, NOT ALL know how to update their PC and keep it clean with CCleaner. Hence people like me who like to browse forum reviews to see if a game is good or not might lose an opportunity to play a good game.

EmanuelMaldo
10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
the last two cons seem to be more of opinions then a real con. Also why are you using a controller? O_O? I mean if you bought it on 360 then okay that understandable of course but why for a PC Game..?

Try playing Dead Rising 2 on PC with keyboard and Mouse..i dare you. Same with Gears of war and Halo 2 PC. Or FFXIV etc. The Game pads are MADE for some games. To me..it is also made for Arcadia, sadly only on 360 tho. its like 80% complete for PC, Controller wise of course.

TimM
10-11-2010, 11:34 PM
STALKER is not a cheap game or have that feeling. Dead Rising 2 has GREAT pc controls.

What are your system specs?

EDIT: Also isn't this game relatively low requirement graphics wise, why say you can run it on top graphics when everybody can, lol.

Dwutlenek
10-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Demo was perfect for me, all details maxed. Full game instead, with low settings still runs bad.

And lol to that: "Not everyone can have a PC like mine, and take care of it like i do." I tought I have a bad day, but when I saw this I was like "meh... its not that bad, I could be like this guy" :P

born2expire
10-12-2010, 12:12 AM
STALKER is not a cheap game or have that feeling. Dead Rising 2 has GREAT pc controls.

Agreed! Nothing about any of the STALKER games feel's "cheap" to me, perhaps some of the best gaming this decade.

The controls on Dead Rising 2 where awesome on PC (im on my 3rd play through ATM), it would play AWFUL with a gamepad, I was forced to that on the first game, I refuse to do it again.

PS CCleaner is a joke, there is a lot more powerful tools out there, or oh gee, do it manually.

Krisando
10-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm glad those are the cons.

@That Cheap Feeling.
Gulp, i'm sure it has it's good parts.

@In game cut scenes/dialog's feels so cheap.
If this is quite a common feeling the community patch would try to fix this.

@Ocean looks like a joke.
Purely visual con's do not make a game IMO.

@Cant select lvl up skills with controller. So you have to keep switching up from X360C to K&M constantly.
Controllers are a terrible form of control for most games, including the RPG's.

@No CO OP/Multiplayer.
That's the reason the Gothic & Elder Scrolls & BioWare rpg series provides un-matched gameplay. Singleplayer and multiplayer tends to re-work gameplay. An MMO even more so, would rip the common gameplay apart which is so great.

@NO Steam Achievements
Achievements are pointless, heck on Steam you in-intentionally or even inevitably earn? them.

I hope it's not too cheap feeling. =S What makes it so gameplay wise?

TimM
10-12-2010, 12:21 AM
He also talks about how borderlands is not good and how World of Warcraft kicks ♥♥♥. He hates on borderlands players but says Modern Warfare 2 is good, lol

And his "great" pc seems to be a quad core 2.5, 6 gigs, and a GTX295.

In another post stated as:

Intel Dual Core 2.4ghz

Nvidia GTX280 1GB DDR3 etc etc

4GB memory

Windows 7 64-bit.

He is 26 years old, still talks bad to other players and says because americans like Borderlands they are not too bright.

Good going, Emmanuel.
We can all agree it is lovely playing on western technology.

Mouseraider
10-12-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't know, the demo doesn't run all that great for me, on max settings I get 45+ fps with a 98-99% usage of both gpu's. On lowest settings it's about 49+ fps and 94-96% gpu usage.

Does these numbers seem wrong to anyone else but me? (I intentionally found spots where it would stress my pc the most)

I could overclock my card a bit since it seems stable at 70 degree celsius.

i7 950
295 gtx
6gb ddr3
win 7 64 bit

None the less, are the facial animations better in the full game?

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
He also talks about how borderlands is not good and how World of Warcraft kicks ♥♥♥. He hates on borderlands players but says Modern Warfare 2 is good, lol

And his "great" pc seems to be a quad core 2.5, 6 gigs, and a GTX295.

In another post stated as:

Intel Dual Core 2.4ghz

Nvidia GTX280 1GB DDR3 etc etc

4GB memory

Windows 7 64-bit.

He is 26 years old, still talks bad to other players and says because americans like Borderlands they are not too bright.

Good going, Emmanuel.
We can all agree it is lovely playing on western technology.

Let me give you my Current PC specs:

Windows 7 64-Bit

-Asus- Light Up Tower/MotherBoard/Cooling System

-27" Inch -Samsung- TOC (Touch of Color) 1080P/1920x1080 50,000 Dynamic Contrast HDMI/DVI/VGA Slim Touch HDTV Gaming LCD

-750 Watts Ultra X6 PCIE Power Supply

-X2 Blue L.E.D 3-Speed Fans

-Intel i5 650 Quad Core 3.2 ghz

-8GB DDR3 1333 ghz

-1,000GB (1TB) 7,200 RPM 32MB Per Cache HDD

-Nvidia Geforce GTX265 1,024GB GDDR5 DX11 Video Card

-7.1 Digital Sound Card + 2.1 Digital Speakers+Subwoofer

As for Borderlands, i just hate the fact there was no character creation, just simple click and create. Oh and uh..the whole stalking 2009 posts...yeah..creepy...go outside kid.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 01:10 AM
I cant be the only person in here who feels that this game has that 'Cheap" feel to it..seriously. As for STALKER, the UI/Interface was so FREAKING cheap looking. Game felt CHEAP.

TimM
10-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Let me give you my Current PC specs:

Windows 7 64-Bit

-Asus- Light Up Tower/MotherBoard/Cooling System

-27" Inch -Samsung- TOC (Touch of Color) 1080P/1920x1080 50,000 Dynamic Contrast HDMI/DVI/VGA Slim Touch HDTV Gaming LCD

-750 Watts Ultra X6 PCIE Power Supply

-X2 Blue L.E.D 3-Speed Fans

-Intel i5 650 Quad Core 3.2 ghz

-8GB DDR3 1333 ghz

-1,000GB (1TB) 7,200 RPM 32MB Per Cache HDD

-Nvidia Geforce GTX265 1,024GB GDDR5 DX11 Video Card

-7.1 Digital Sound Card + 2.1 Digital Speakers+Subwoofer

As for Borderlands, i just hate the fact there was no character creation, just simple click and create. Oh and uh..the whole stalking 2009 posts...yeah..creepy...go outside kid.

Well,

MB1366 Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UD3R

Intel Core I7 960 at 4x30 Ghz

CPU cooler All Scythe.

12 Gb Ram DDR3 1333

1000 Gb space

Now as well with dual 5870 2gb ram, direct X 11 also.

You are not the only one with a "fancy" computer.

And also, I am an adult, you are the one being a smartass to people.
You act like an idiot in your posts.

Sansha
10-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Try playing Dead Rising 2 on PC with keyboard and Mouse..i dare you. Same with Gears of war and Halo 2 PC. Or FFXIV etc. The Game pads are MADE for some games. To me..it is also made for Arcadia, sadly only on 360 tho. its like 80% complete for PC, Controller wise of course.
Ignoring the fact that these games are all uninspired console ports, they're much better with a keyboard & mouse (with the exception of FFXIV, thanks to the crappy delayed interface). K&W in these games provides better camera control, aim and more responsive movement (assuming your keyboard isn't ♥♥♥♥).

I haven't played Gothic 4 because as a Gothic 1/2 fan, 3 was a huge disappointment. But the series have always been meant for the PC. I doubt this is any different.

Also, you keep going on about the game's "cheap" feeling. It makes you look like an idiot. Have you not played any other Gothic game? UI or graphics were never its strong points. And STALKER is fine - it sacrifices detail in certain areas in favor of its atmospheric open world feel.

Rumtruffle
10-12-2010, 01:39 AM
after playing the 360 demo and the full pc game i can say the pc version is definitely better suited to the keyboard and mouse

interface is different on the 360 and more favourable for controllers.

although the games movement and combat do lend themselves to a controller. heck you could control gothic 3 with a joypad. the overall interface doesnt.

i agree about achievements, and more importantly steam cloud.
i would love to have my saves synced between my pcs. rather than having to transfer them manually via homegroup.
achievements might be vacuous but its something that can be done easily and if the console version has it, why cant the pc version have them aswell?

full game performance is worse than the demo. different settings dont make much difference to the performance.
patch incoming apparently. infact i thought it would be out now.

Dwutlenek
10-12-2010, 01:51 AM
full game performance is worse than the demo. different settings dont make much difference to the performance.
patch incoming apparently. infact i thought it would be out now.

Its awfully worse :/
I even instaled demo again, just to check if I wasn't blind when I was playing it yesterday. And I wasn't. Demo runs perfectly.

apoc_reg
10-12-2010, 02:01 AM
1080p 60+ fps with max settings?

Hmm what are your system specs?

Not calling you a liar... but here's mine:

i7 920
6gb dominator
gtx480

Not many better systems and I get nowhere near 60+ fps maxed out...

Ebo87
10-12-2010, 02:01 AM

If you think Dead Rising 2 can't be played with a keyboard and mouse on PC then you probably chose the wrong platform to game on, no offense, but you ain't no less a noob as those that you call console kids. Just having a powerfull PC doesn't make you a real PC gamer. You are probably still getting used to the keyboard and mouse and that says a few things about you, sorry.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Ignoring the fact that these games are all uninspired console ports, they're much better with a keyboard & mouse (with the exception of FFXIV, thanks to the crappy delayed interface). K&W in these games provides better camera control, aim and more responsive movement (assuming your keyboard isn't ♥♥♥♥).

I haven't played Gothic 4 because as a Gothic 1/2 fan, 3 was a huge disappointment. But the series have always been meant for the PC. I doubt this is any different.

Also, you keep going on about the game's "cheap" feeling. It makes you look like an idiot. Have you not played any other Gothic game? UI or graphics were never its strong points. And STALKER is fine - it sacrifices detail in certain areas in favor of its atmospheric open world feel.

Idiot for wanting Quality in my games? if im paying FULL price for a 2010 released game, i expect everything from the grass, to the macro buttons, to the UI/Interface to be as highest quality as possible. Don't you try to defend mediocre work. Request better = get better. Support games like STALKER, and they will keep making low Quality CHEAP Interface games.

Gothic 4 has the right mindset, just HATE the fact simple things that could be redone quick and made higher quality are untouched. Why bother making the game/world look SOO Beautiful, for when the Ocean looks like crap. SERIOUSLY COME ON!

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 02:08 AM
If you think Dead Rising 2 can't be played with a keyboard and mouse on PC then you probably chose the wrong platform to game on, no offense, but you ain't no less a noob as those that you call console kids. Just having a powerfull PC doesn't make you a real PC gamer. You are probably still getting used to the keyboard and mouse and that says a few things about you, sorry.

W S A D Doesn't go with ALL games. You need that Joystick for smooth turnings and 360 Degree moves. For anyone to HATE on X360 Gamepads are just dumb. YEAH sure, KM on MMORPG's is NEEDED, doesnt mean its needed for every game. Just cause you play all your PC games with KM doesnt mean you have a bigger stick. I also like sitting back and chilling with my Controller at hand. i do have a huge 27' LCD, so the sitting back part is nice.

Rumtruffle
10-12-2010, 02:21 AM
YEAH sure, KM on MMORPG's is NEEDED,

my god man, dont play Final Fantasy 14! youll be in hell. i was.

Ebo87
10-12-2010, 02:23 AM
W S A D Doesn't go with ALL games. You need that Joystick for smooth turnings and 360 Degree moves. For anyone to HATE on X360 Gamepads are just dumb. YEAH sure, KM on MMORPG's is NEEDED, doesnt mean its needed for every game. Just cause you play all your PC games with KM doesnt mean you have a bigger stick. I also like sitting back and chilling with my Controller at hand. i do have a huge 27' LCD, so the sitting back part is nice.

And I have a 50 inch Plasma where I like to play my Devil May Cries, FIFAs, PESs and other games that really do require a controller.

Dead Rising 2 actually controls better with a keyboard and mouse and this is not a matter of opinion. If you mentioned Devil May Cry, then I would have left you alone, but a game that requires aiming and precision that a controller stick just can't offer, come on, that screams "I'm still new to PC gaming and I haven't got used to keyboard and mouse yet", my advice, play as many games with the keyboard and mouse and you will get much better at it.

You can also chill with a keyboard and mouse if you know how, Assassin's Creed 2 on my 50 inch plasma has to be seen to be believed, keyboard and mouse on my couch.

Sansha
10-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Idiot for wanting Quality in my games? if im paying FULL price for a 2010 released game, i expect everything from the grass, to the macro buttons, to the UI/Interface to be as highest quality as possible. Don't you try to defend mediocre work. Request better = get better. Support games like STALKER, and they will keep making low Quality CHEAP Interface games.

Gothic 4 has the right mindset, just HATE the fact simple things that could be redone quick and made higher quality are untouched. Why bother making the game/world look SOO Beautiful, for when the Ocean looks like crap. SERIOUSLY COME ON!
Then you're in for a disappointment. No newly released game is like that. None.

And I was never defending Gothic 4. Why would I? I haven't even played it. I was simply stating that this is how the series is. Plenty complain, but as long as the fans see past that and enjoy the low budget game for what it is, it'll remain that way.

STALKER, however, was not like that. The interface was fine. A bit worse than most shooters, but most shooters don't feature an open world with survival horror elements and a hack & slash style inventory/item selection.

EinKopfschuss
10-12-2010, 04:14 AM

You are joking right? All of them games feel more natural to me with a keyboard and mouse :/ 360 pad is good for fighting games and racing games for me. That is literally it, Why do you give examples of games that use mouse aim well as games that work better on a pad? I'd rather play any shooter with a keyboard and mouse, and gears of war on the PC is far better with keyboard and mouse as is halo 2. Dead Rising 2 I can understand being there but my preference is the keyboard and mouse although I can understand why some would prefer the pad for that one.

And I have a 50 inch Plasma where I like to play my Devil May Cries, FIFAs, PESs and other games that really do require a controller.

Dead Rising 2 actually controls better with a keyboard and mouse and this is not a matter of opinion. If you mentioned Devil May Cry, then I would have left you alone, but a game that requires aiming and precision that a controller stick just can't offer, come on, that screams "I'm still new to PC gaming and I haven't got used to keyboard and mouse yet", my advice, play as many games with the keyboard and mouse and you will get much better at it.

You can also chill with a keyboard and mouse if you know how, Assassin's Creed 2 on my 50 inch plasma has to be seen to be believed, keyboard and mouse on my couch.

Nice one, I wish people were more aware of this fact. I run my PC on my 50 inch plasma as well but one of the arguments often made by ignorant idiots is "Well I can play sitting on my couch on my big tv when I play my xbox rather than being hunched over my small monitor". I'm wondering how long it will take for people to realise that there are plenty of PC gamers who game on big tv's from their couch, even with keyboard and mouse and some of these people also have 7.1 home theatre setups to make the setup complete. Who would have thought it was possible. I hate ignorant people who make arguments that are just so empty and unfounded.

Harrier2569
10-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Hi Emanuel, thanks for posting your review. I have a system that is very similar to your's but I am not getting your framerates. Could you please tell me what version of nVidia driver you are using please?

Thanks.

Dwutlenek
10-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi Emanuel, thanks for posting your review. I have a system that is very similar to your's but I am not getting your framerates. Could you please tell me what version of nVidia driver you are using please?

Thanks.

I think this review is about demo version, which is kinda silly in release day, as long as im right.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 08:01 AM

Thanks.

258.96. If its not exactly my system specs/Tower then maybe that's your problem. Is every other driver up to date? is your PC clean and virus free? I dont know what to tell ya, but with PC is not like xbox 360, not every pc could be exactly the same.

My 8GB DDR3 is the Gaming ram with heat sinks. Does yours have that? See all these things take in effect. My Video card has 2 built in blue glowing fans to keep it cool at all times, not including the 6 other fans inside the case facing the CPU and Video card and Ram. Cooler Temps = runs better.

luckyjim
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
1080p 60+ fps with max settings?

Hmm what are your system specs?

Not calling you a liar... but here's mine:

i7 920
6gb dominator
gtx480

Not many better systems and I get nowhere near 60+ fps maxed out...

You don't take care of your system and keep it clean with CCleaner like he does... lol.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
You don't take care of your system and keep it clean with CCleaner like he does... lol.

Exactly =)

Zelgius
10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
ROFL you know you're talking to an amateur when this dude thinks his video card can clock higher because it has blue glowing fans.

Also buddy the heatsinks on your ram are for overclocking. And if you're running you're i5 at stock speed you sure as hell aren't overclocking your ram.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 10:49 AM
ROFL you know you're talking to an amateur when this dude thinks his video card can clock higher because it has blue glowing fans.

Whatever. There is No game out now or previously that can set my PC under 30 FPS and encounter 0 bugs. I must be doing something right.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 10:51 AM

Also buddy the heatsinks on your ram are for overclocking. And if you're running you're i5 at stock speed you sure as hell aren't overclocking your ram.

Overclocking are for idiots. Even if done right, your just killing its lifespan. idiot how? Buying new ram and mother boards every year or two inst a smart decision for anyone. At stock your grantee a 5 Year+ lifespan if taken good care of it. OC a Pc will reduce it to 2 years or less. Not to mention Higher electric bill.

Zelgius
10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
You're running one GTX265. That card is slow even when you run 2 of them in SLI mode compared to this guys 480. Which is the fastest card on the market at the moment.

So the demo runs great for you. That's fine. It runs great for us to. Now unless you managed to find a working torrent for this game then you can't really tell us how great your average PC runs the retail version.

Zelgius
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Overclocking are for idiots. Even if done right, your just killing its lifespan. idiot how? Buying new ram and mother boards every year or two inst a smart decision for anyone. At stock your grantee a 5 Year+ lifespan if taken good care of it. OC a Pc will reduce it to 2 years or less. Not to mention Higher electric bill.

Now I know you don't know what the heck you're talking about. Higher clock speeds don't lower the life span of computer parts. Higher temps do. So if you have an after market cooling solution... like your "gaming ram" does. You can run it at higher frequencies while keeping the temps well within manufacturer specs.

My i5 760 with the stock cooler would max out around 70c at 3.2ghz.

I paid 30$ for a badass heatsync and now it runs at 3.8ghz at max temp is 63c.

Lower temps, faster speed. I can see why you might think you're dumb if you OC things if you've tried it and ruined your equipment though. Read a little bit before you try again.

And protip: go brag about your PC where it might actually be above average.. like yahoo bingo or something. This is a gaming forum. There's a very large chance your computer won't impress anyone.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
You're running one GTX265. That card is slow even when you run 2 of them in SLI mode compared to this guys 480. Which is the fastest card on the market at the moment.

So the demo runs great for you. That's fine. It runs great for us to. Now unless you managed to find a working torrent for this game then you can't really tell us how great your average PC runs the retail version.

Im playing the game as we speak. Im Averaging at around 45-49 FPS. HOWEVER im sure once the patch is out, it will be running over 60.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Arcania: Gothic IV Review

IGN SCORE

This lack of reaction is at odds with the progress the genre has made; games like Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect and the Elder Scrolls series have shown the importance and benefits (particularly for storytelling devices) that these kinds of moral choices can have. As a result, Arcania: Gothic IV feels overly simplistic and even acerbic at times.

So..the "Cheap" feeling i was talking about. Why didn't you guys get what i meant? See, my words coming from professionals mouth. Shows you how ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ you guys are and swear you know everything.

GOTHIC 4 FEELS CHEAP. PERIOD, get it through your HEAD!

Zelgius
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I know a heck of a lot more than you. And I didn't say a word about it not being cheap. I agree with you. It's obvious from the demo that the combat isn't fluid and that the voice acting is terrible.

But it's a gothic game. That's what they are known for.

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I know a heck of a lot more than you. And I didn't say a word about it not being cheap. I agree with you. It's obvious from the demo that the combat isn't fluid and that the voice acting is terrible.

But it's a gothic game. That's what they are known for.

Ok listen, This is GOTHIC 4, they had 3 CHANCES to make the game EPIC Like Oblivion or Dragon age, but they didn't. STOP defending them. How pathetic is it that they had SO many years to improve and they havent. It's sickening and they wont get my Pity. Oblivion is a 2006 game and feels so much better then Gothic 4 and its 4 years difference.

ComradeLenin
10-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok listen, This is GOTHIC 4, they had 3 CHANCES to make the game EPIC Like Oblivion or Dragon age, but they didn't. STOP defending them. How pathetic is it that they had SO many years to improve and they havent. It's sickening and they wont get my Pity. Oblivion is a 2006 game and feels so much better then Gothic 4 and its 4 years difference.

What on Earth is wrong with you?

I honestly hope no one is listening to this man.

He has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to computers and games. Overclocking does not kill computers, high temperatures does. There's a ♥♥♥♥ing reason why processors are rated to function at voltages commonly from something like 0.9-1.5v. Now if your CPU at default is 1.2v but the CPU is rated to work all the way up to 1.5v.... hmm... geee.... why is that?!!?!?

Even modern graphics cards come with unlocked voltage control for a reason.

Just about all hardware is so advanced these days that once you reach maximum temperature it shuts itself down.

As for Gothic 4, if you honestly think Spellbound has the same money and budget as BioWare or Bethesda then there's seriously something wrong with you.

This is also a different developer. These aren't the same guys who made Gothic 1-3 so no they didn't have 3 chances to make it right, this is their first.

You keep shouting out how cheap STALKER feels. Did you ever think to stop they're developed by a small Ukrainian studio? This isn't EA or Activision or Valve we're talking about. These are smaller studios with smaller budgets. Jesus Christ! Is that so hard to understand?

Rated 1 star thread.

DiceDuP
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM

LOL I was casually reading this forum when I came across this post. Comments like the one above is obviously from someone who really has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to tweaking hardware. Overclocking certain components of a PC does not reduce it's lifespan to less than 2 years. In fact if done right and with the right case, cooling etc, it actually EXTENDS the lifespan.

Example, my daughter's PC which is just coming up on 3 years old has my old CPU in it, which has been overclocked from 2.4ghz to 3.0ghz since it was first turned on. It has had zero issues with it, never crashes and is still 100% stable.

Why does it extend it's life? Because at some point, very close in the near future if not already, Minimum requirements of Intel Core 2 2.8ghz or higher will become more common. If it was left on 2.4ghz then it would fail miserably, let alone it has improved gaming performance when it was in my PC and now in another, and continues to. I have proven it to myself over the years as previous chips and cards have given me way more than they would have at stock.

The same PC has an overclocked 8800GTX in it which is also 3 years old. The GPU in my own current build is Overclocked also. As is the memory and the CPU. The difference is, I know how to keep my PC cool - and i'm kinda guessing a huge amount of Steam users know how to do it aswell.

Coming here and trying to claim you are some kind of PC god is hilarious to read, as I'm sorry to say, you aren't :)

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL I was casually reading this forum when I came across this post. Comments like the one above is obviously from someone who really has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to tweaking hardware. Overclocking certain components of a PC does not reduce it's lifespan to less than 2 years. In fact if done right and with the right case, cooling etc, it actually EXTENDS the lifespan.

Example, my daughter's PC which is just coming up on 3 years old has my old CPU in it, which has been overclocked from 2.4ghz to 3.0ghz since it was first turned on. It has had zero issues with it, never crashes and is still 100% stable.

Why does it extend it's life? Because at some point, very close in the near future if not already, Minimum requirements of Intel Core 2 2.8ghz or higher will become more common. If it was left on 2.4ghz then it would fail miserably, let alone it has improved gaming performance when it was in my PC and now in another, and continues to. I have proven it to myself over the years as previous chips and cards have given me way more than they would have at stock.

The same PC has an overclocked 8800GTX in it which is also 3 years old. The GPU in my own current build is Overclocked also. As is the memory and the CPU. The difference is, I know how to keep my PC cool - and i'm kinda guessing a huge amount of Steam users know how to do it aswell.

Coming here and trying to claim you are some kind of PC god is hilarious to read, as I'm sorry to say, you aren't :)

But i am King of Pc's =) Also go into a PC store like COMPUSA and ask them if Overclocking is safe or if its a better choice. They Highly recommend Stock. Just buy a Stock PC with high end specs, that's not hard. If you need to Overclock your PC, your really never ever satisfied or dont have money to upgrade.

With my PC specs all being stock, and able to run all the current games without hiccups, well there is NO NEED to Overclock. Why should i? No issues so far.

Overclocking is Optional, and by no means it stands as in your Pc being better then the rest. If i can run everything max without hiccups, and you can also, then i could careless if your PC is 5.0ghz overclocked, since my PC is doing the same snit yours is. Running the game smoothly.

Zelgius
10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
My specs blow yours out of the water and when turning the camera, the FPS stutters on the retail version of the game, the demo didn't do this.

I don't get my computer advice from the $9/hour guys at Comp USA. I shop on newegg and build all my own stuff custom. Overclocking isn't about running games at the same speed. It's about getting what you paid for. "Stock" means running at an overly safe voltage and frequency. They don't know what the ambient temperature is going to be where you live. They don't know a lot of things about how you're going to use their product.

That is why they provide specifications for people to tweak things from stock, they recognize stock is just a starting point.

Not to mention the voltage they have your stock CPU running at is often times higher than necessary. If you don't plan to bump up your ghz, you can probably even lower your voltage, saving you on your energy bill and keeping your computer even cooler.

Comp USA and Geek Squad and Nerd Patrol and whatever people you plan on asking about overclocking will always tell you something that won't get them into trouble should you go home and screw up your PC. Specially if they get the feeling that the dude who asked "hey man how bout overclocking does that really work???" is prolly better off leaving his stuff at stock.

The game runs worse than the demo, but it's still playable. At least with my system. I wouldn't wanna try and run it on something weaker.

Mabs
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
EmanuelMaldo:
if your going to pretend to know anything about PCs and hardware, at least try to look competant.
"oh i have X card, Y motherboard, Z processor"
thats nice, doesnt mean anything tho

what is your ambient temperature ? operating temperatures ?
what driver versions are you running on all your hardware ?
what if any background utilities?
or does performance have nothing to do with how well stuff works ?

your a cretin, or a bad troll, or both

and yea you could go ask someone in a store, like , for example, COMPUSA. or you could educate yourself, find the information you need quite easily, and draw the correct conclusions.
but that would take effort, instead of reading something out of your DirectXdiag window and passing yourself off as an authority wouldnt it

giskarduk
10-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Yes Stalker 2 is especially nice, so any game compared to the stalker series is a good point in my book.

ComradeLenin
10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
EmanuelMaldo:
if your going to pretend to know anything about PCs and hardware, at least try to look competant.

and yea you could go ask someone in a store, like , for example, COMPUSA. or you could educate yourself, find the information you need quite easily, and draw the correct conclusions.
but that would take effort, instead of reading something out of your DirectXdiag window and passing yourself off as an authority wouldnt it

He's definitely both as he thinks the fancy heatsinks on his 8 GB "gaming" (if you buy any component with gaming on it it just shows how computer illiterate you are) RAM means they're somehow good.

Have you looked at his post on the first page?

He claims he has a GTX 265.

Protip: This card does not exist.

And he he says he runs his 1337 gaming ram at 1333 GHz.

Such a computer expert surely can't mix up gigahertz with megahertz ;)

And what kind of a high end master computer expert runs DDR3-1333? I bet his timings are looser than a prostitutes you know what.

But i am King of Pc's =) Also go into a PC store like COMPUSA and ask them if Overclocking is safe or if its a better choice. They Highly recommend Stock. Just buy a Stock PC with high end specs, that's not hard.

That's wonderful advice.

Let's easily sink down hundreds of more dollars for hardware we can achieve by easily overclocking.

We should all buy i7 980s right? I mean c'mon everyone has the money for a $1000 CPU :rolleyes:

He clearly has a GTX 465, I do too.

And I'm so glad I'm smarter than this guy because I OC'd my card to 827 core, 1700 memory and no matter what he says I will always get better performance than he will.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/800329-gtx460-1gb-vs-gtx465-review.html

EmanuelMaldo
10-12-2010, 02:21 PM
EmanuelMaldo:

LOl please kid, to play current games you dont need to be a genius. Simply go buy a tower with 8GB DDR3 Ram + Intel I7, GTX 270+ power supply + cooling and you got yourself a gaming PC. Been doing it that way and i never had to overclock. The whole custom built pc thing is for people who work for game companys. It's not hard to buy a gaming pc from newegg or even compusa. Stop making it like you have to know voltages and bull♥♥♥♥ to get it going.

jiminator
10-12-2010, 02:29 PM
congrats, all of you have been successfully trolled. put your hands up in the air and step away from the keyboard....

Mabs
10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
LOl please kid, to play current games you dont need to be a genius. Simply go buy a tower with 8GB DDR3 Ram + Intel I7, GTX 270+ power supply + cooling and you got yourself a gaming PC. Been doing it that way and i never had to overclock. The whole custom built pc thing is for people who work for game companys. It's not hard to buy a gaming pc from newegg or even compusa. Stop making it like you have to know voltages and bull♥♥♥♥ to get it going.

yea you could do that

but being the mega genius you must actually do what most competant people do.. buy it and build it yourself thereby saving around 30% of the price..
or is that too complicated for you , with its "voltages and ♥♥♥♥" ?

DiceDuP
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
But i am King of Pc's =) Also go into a PC store like COMPUSA and ask them if Overclocking is safe or if its a better choice. They Highly recommend Stock. Just buy a Stock PC with high end specs, that's not hard. If you need to Overclock your PC, your really never ever satisfied or dont have money to upgrade.

LOL @ This. Can't say I've heard of COMPUSA, but i'd imagine the UK equivalent is something like PC World, which is staffed in general, by a bunch of morons like most PC stores are.

All retail outlets will condemn overclocking because it renders stock components obsolete and useless a lot quicker than those that choose to overclock. As you can't seem to comprehend, overclocking is fine when used in a custom built rig with proper cooling and know-how. Just running a stock PC and saying something called CCleaner makes it run perferct is just idiocy.

I'd advise you to stop replying to all these posts gathering up against you, as I don't think you quite know what you are talking about :( I don't overclock out of necessity, I do it because it allows me to game at a higher quality for less money. Throw your money at stores if you want, just don't think you know more or have some kind of "inner circle" knowledge because a store assistant conned you into spending more than you needed.

Pfft, next you will be saying that pirating games like Gothic 4 is the right thing to do aswell? Oh yea, forgot, you already did that didn't you :D