PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer?!?!

Prikak
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to play multi-player over the internet with this game. I got the game and tried but it says it can't connect to the server. My buddy also has the game, he has the same issue. He contacted valve and they said to contact the original company, but they apparently don't exist anymore. I have 2 questions;

1. Has anyone got the game to work over the internet?

2. Shouldn't Steam not be selling it as "Multiplayer modes will be able to handle 8 players over LAN and internet." (last line of the bullet points) when the game obviously doesn't play online?

Thanks for any help.

KageToraUK
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I have never been able to play this game over the internet.

To be perfectly honest, this game (whilst pretty good fun to play) is basically a modern version of Codename Panzers: Cold War, with the same gameplay and a couple of extra features added (plus a map editor), and Stormregion, which produced that game, went bankrupt shortly before release. There were also problems with getting multiplayer games (it was impossible at first).

I am suspecting that this game was made by the same people, because we have the exact same story here - no multiplayer and a company that disappeared around the time of release, as well as almost exact same gameplay.