PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing & Fraudulent

Metametheus
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I got the call yesterday from Gamestop about its release, then I get another call this morning about its delay, I pay for the game and a hour later its delayed here... so now I say... WTF?

Kahramanii
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
yee true true, in 3rd world countries people die because they do not have food, in our countries they die because of VIDEOGAMES... stop whining

jeffreydean1
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
yee true true, in 3rd world countries people die because they do not have food, in our countries they die because of VIDEOGAMES... stop whining

Holy hyperbole!

Shadrik
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM

What are you doing here, shouldn't you bring food to the needy or save the rainforest? "Hey, someone stole my car" "who gives a ♥♥♥♥, in 3rd world countries people die because they have no food..."

No.1 The Larch
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
What are you doing here, shouldn't you bring food to the needy or save the rainforest? "Hey, someone stole my car" "who gives a ♥♥♥♥, in 3rd world countries people die because they have no food..."

Car stolen =/= game being delayed.

You have to wait seven days? Cancel it or wait it out like a man. B*tching doesn't do anything.

Glayze
10-12-2010, 07:42 PM

You have to wait seven days? Cancel it or wait it out like a man. B*tching doesn't do anything.

Have some rep bro

broken85
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Seriously... while everyone is very aware it's not the end of the world that the game was delayed, responding in the game's forum comparing this plight to someone dying in a 3rd world country is ungrounded and stupid.

If there's a 'biggest problems of the world' forum and someone posts there about the game being delayed, then everyone should complain to the OP and compare his plight to other major issues.

Taken in and of itself, ArcaniA's delay is a major disappointment. ♥♥♥♥♥ing at least does more than lying on one's back "waiting it out" (more like "taking it") like a man.

Car stolen != Game being delayed
Car stolen != 3rd world hunger
Game being delayed != 3rd world hunger

Why are we even comparing these things in the Gothic forum in the first place? It's OK to talk about the game being delayed here, but I believe there are other communities to discuss automobiles and world hunger...

Shadrik
10-13-2010, 03:00 PM

You missed my point. Someone complains about what the hell ever and is beeing told to not be whiny, people die in 3rd world countries every day... thats just stupid. That can be used on everything not as tragic as people dying, hence my example of the stolen car.

alison22000
10-13-2010, 06:49 PM
whatever the point to the responses are, cars, people etc, the simple fact is, and always has been, when you pre-purchase a game or waiting for it to come out, you wait for it to come out, simple as that. why complain about it, it isn't like we can make your game come to you faster, lol

Simply be patient.

PS: If i had a dollar for the time I waited for Runes Of Magic online game to finally finish the guild castle, wow, i would have had a few hundred dollars. It is all the part of a new game. So I say, get use to it, as us MASSIVE game players are. No disrespect intended, just making a point of view that is actually fact when it comes to brand new games. :)

broken85
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
alison22000, I don't know about you, but usually I only pre-purchase a game when I know the date it will be released.

In fact, it stated the date the game would unlock on on the ArcaniA store page where you could pre-purchase it. When the game is released, you're buying it to play now. When the game has a future release date, you're buying it to play it on that date. That is the expectation (which is not unreasonable) of many customers of Steam.

I don't know what a 'MASSIVE game player' is, but I play hundreds of games in all genres and have experienced countless delays and ridiculous excuses for those delays. That doesn't make it OK, or something you should accept, when it happens for superficial reasons having nothing to do with the development process.

As a game developer, I can understand why games are delayed and what is involved in the release process. However, that still does not make it OK, especially that close to the release date. Inevitable? Maybe. But acceptable? Hardly.

It's partly the fault of all of those 'MASSIVE game players' who sit back and silently shell out cash while things like this happen that make the publishers think it's fine in the first place.

The retailers have all this power with publishers because they have the ability to stop selling that publisher's products. Well, we as consumers have the same power (albeit hugely distributed) in that we can stop monetizing those retailers and start rooting for digital distributors to stand up for themselves when things like this happen.