PDA

View Full Version : Controls

Pinkelf
10-13-2010, 08:16 AM
When I play, most of the controls from the manual do not work. Some of the keys do. I'm at a loss. I can't control the ship speed or anything.

Vaemer-Riit
10-13-2010, 11:21 AM
It would help if you gave us more information.

-What game is it: X:BTF, X:Tension, X2, X3, X3:TC

-Do you have a joystick

-Have you done anything in the options menu

Pinkelf
10-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I have the superbox thing. I don't have a joystick. And the options menu doesn't really give me anything I can change that would be relatively useful.

alison22000
11-06-2010, 04:54 PM
As "Vaemer-Riit" stated to you, could you please tell us specifically which game you are talking about. I know you said you got the box set, but the box set has 5 different games in it. What we need to know is what controls are you having problems with in which game. are you playing X - Beyond the Frontier, X - Tension, X2 - The Threat, X3 - Reunion or X3 - Terran Conflict?

If you can please tell us specifically which game you are talking about, we will be able to help you, but by the sounds of it, you might be referring to either X - beyond the Frontier or X - Tension, as I know from personal experience that the last 3 games, you can easily map the keyboard and mouse controls.

If you are talking about X-BtF or X-Tension, then I know for a fact that you can only change a few settings that are main control keys, such as Left & Right Ctrl, left & Right Alt, Left Mouse, Middle Mouse, Right Mouse, Space Bar.

Those are really the only controls you can map. But for a list of all controls that your able to access in the game, you can either go to the Controls List Guide that created for this forum, which you can get at:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1561051

OR, you can print up the version that a friend made up from the keyboard controls guide i set up, he made a printable copy, so you can have it on printed up and next to you always, which is at:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...haylinux/x.jpg

OR you can simply, use the in-game help screen that is available from simply pressing the " H " key, which will provide you with a list of the games keyboard settings, but you are not able in any way to edit these keyboard controls, they are fixed.

That is the reason why you cannot map keyboard controls in the options screen.

One last thing, I suggest that you change the games resolution settings, so that your able to read the text a lot better. Just go into the Graphics part of the options screen. I also suggest that you should check what your normal computers screen resolution is, and trying to match those that are close to one of the game resolution settings in the games options.

When you do this, it isn't always best to choose the same setting as your computers screen resolution as the same to the games, as they show a bit different. For example, my main computer's res settings are 1366 x 768, but when I choose that in the game's settings, I lose part of the top screen, so when you do choose settings, choose your setting, then click OK, then look at the main game screen, where you see, new game, Load game, Options etc, and make sure that your setting shows the menu selections, a little from the top part of the screen, I found that when I looked at text in the game, some of the top words were cut off, so doing what I suggested will help.

Also, when you do decide you wish to change a keyboard setting in the options screen, then make sure you click on the left hand side word, not the spaces where the setting goes in, such as, if you wish to change the "Fire Laser" control, actually click on the word "Fire Laser" to choose the keyboard control, don't click the empty spaces etc, as that just shows what the key setting is.

I hope this will help you and I truly hope I didn't bore you to death or confuse you, and Good Luck and Happy Gaming :)

VikShade
12-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Super Helpful. Thank You much!