PDA

View Full Version : Any Updates

Alexc26
10-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Have had this for a while, and haven't played it much before, only had a go or two, started playing it again and am really enjoying it, was just curious if there are any updates coming for this game, maybe with new features etc, if so roughly when do you think they will be released, also I would like to see Co-op mode in this game, would make it even better :)

TJF588
10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I'd suggest keeping up with the developer's site (http://sakari-indie.com/).

Right now, their focus seems to fall on RoadKill, a kart racing that, IIRC, also acts as a testing ground for any new features they'd want to use with BoB.

Alexc26
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Ah ok, cheers for the site, Ill bookmark it :)

The karting sounds fun, can't wait till its done :)

w0bbl3r
11-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Seems to me that this game has been left in the dirt now.
I have been waiting about a year for the MP, which they said was coming very soon back then. They have only released 1 patch since then, and that did pretty much nothing.
Face it people, they are indie devs, and it seems they either cant afford to carry on working on this, or they cant be bothered. I would say its a bit of both

WauWsy
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
im getting real tired of waiting too.. just looked any the update log last update was 5-1-2010..

Sorry but thats just instane..

Major Isoor
11-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Guys, you do realize that this game is developed by a small group of developers, NOT a large company? So of course that means that things will take longer to get done, but rest assured, they are working on improvements for FL:BoB, as well as FL:RK, which is indeed testing out the multiplayer features that are also planned for FL:BoB.

Just remember; patience is a virtue. ;)

Zynith
11-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Sakari is an outsourcing studio first and foremost, indie development is secondary.
They work on this game during lunchbreak and in their free time.
So if updates are slow, it probably means they have clients to work for.

w0bbl3r
12-04-2010, 01:48 AM
To all you people who seem able to do nothing other than praise this developer; first, the MP is NOT going to be for this game, its going to be sold seperately, which is totally contrary to what we were told, and the main reason I bought the game. Second, they are NOT doing any more patches or updates for this game, as they are now working on the go-kart game, which will probably be either its own seperate thing, or ship with the MP game.
They apparently kinda fell apart a few months ago, with some kind of disagreements amongst them. Looks like to me that the ones who wanted to keep providing content for the game they already had a player base for were the ones who got the boot, while the more greedy of them were the ones who stuck around.
I am not saying these guys shouldnt make money, dont get me wrong, but they SHOULD honour their promises to the old game first, even if that meant making just a little money for the MP as DLC or something. Its still better than charging for the full game again just to play MP (which could just be rubbish yet, we just dont know), and for designing a stupid kart just because they were bored of working on the original title.
Still, nothing new on the dev site for a while now, so maybe everything has been scrapped, I dont know.

Major Isoor
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
To all you people who seem able to do nothing other than praise this developer; first, the MP is NOT going to be for this game, its going to be sold seperately, which is totally contrary to what we were told, and the main reason I bought the game. Second, they are NOT doing any more patches or updates for this game, as they are now working on the go-kart game, which will probably be either its own seperate thing, or ship with the MP game.They apparently kinda fell apart a few months ago, with some kind of disagreements amongst them. Looks like to me that the ones who wanted to keep providing content for the game they already had a player base for were the ones who got the boot, while the more greedy of them were the ones who stuck around.
I am not saying these guys shouldnt make money, dont get me wrong, but they SHOULD honour their promises to the old game first, even if that meant making just a little money for the MP as DLC or something. Its still better than charging for the full game again just to play MP (which could just be rubbish yet, we just dont know), and for designing a stupid kart just because they were bored of working on the original title.
Still, nothing new on the dev site for a while now, so maybe everything has been scrapped, I dont know.

Woah! Uh, one question: Can you actually prove this?

I mean, I too have heard that the multiplayer component of FL:BoB is potentially going to be a paid-for DLC, (but NOT a seperate game) but the rest of what you're saying is absolutely rediculous and isn't based on any logic or proof whatsoever! If you really want to know what they're doing with the kart game, etc (trying to make a functioning multiplayer component without risk of screwing something up in FL:BoB for one thing, leading to having to revert to an older version, etc) go and read over some of the older threads in here, since they should tell you everything you need to know, ok? ;)