PDA

View Full Version : Big Brain Wolf

pendulousphallu
10-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey there, just saw Big Brain Wolf available for 50% off and added it to my library. I'll be back with a shallow review once I install it on my machine. I'm on a weekend home at the moment.

Most of the reviews I read of it (only two so far) sound pretty darn positive and it seems like my kind of fare. Please do leave your opinions here to either caution others against or encourage others to pick up this game.

purdee
10-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Well don't know what you thought. My shallow review is that it is bit like puzzle agent but with less humor. some of the puzzles are better than others some were solved in seconds. clicking on the objects and characters was rather tedious and having to click thru the dialogue is about as exciting as watching paint dry.The brain training part seems ok but only 6 exercises but not sure if its something i will be loading up too many times. In all a bit too slow paced for me.

pendulousphallu
10-18-2010, 10:32 PM
So far so good. Puzzle game through and through, you get what you expect. Won't have anything to offer outside of being a puzzle game like Puzzle Agent did (I agree that Puzzle Agent is the superior game) but this game seems to have a gentler grade for puzzle difficulty. Hopefully that difficulty accelerates soon. Some of the jokes are cute, ["Flowers and bees freak me out." "Oh, I can see you've already had 'the talk'."]

Worth five bucks, probably not worth ten, little early to call it. Shallow review: complete. Civic duty: fulfilled.

limbclock
10-19-2010, 03:13 AM
Saxton Hale thanks for you consumer protection.

thom-22
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Shallow reviews appreciated! I went ahead and got the game -- didn't want to miss the half-price -- but haven't had a chance to launch it yet.

pendulousphallu
10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Feature that I assumed would be stupid and gimmicky turned out to be cool instead were the "exercises". I only have a casual understanding of cognitive science (the study of what the heck is going on in the brain when it processes information) but it's cool to see how they implemented a more agressive sort of brain training than what is expected from a puzzle game in the sense that they expect it to be semi-regular and they chart the player's progress. I've only done one trial of one exercise so far, and depending on their implementation of this feature it may push the game's value from the five dollar range to the ten dollar range.

For those curious, twelve puzzles per chapter across five chapters, as well as six cognitive "exercises". Sixty plus six puzzles is nice and bulky, which also is a good case for the ten as opposed to five dollar price mark. Hopefully if Puzzle Agent gets a continuation they'll try to do puzzles more along these lines and throw some more in.