PDA

View Full Version : Civ V Holiday Special

browma49
10-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Does anybody know about any sale on Civ V for the Holiday season?

greatgreybeast
10-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I can tell you how the Kinect launch will go and whether the GOP will retake the Senate, but I don't have an app for Civ V on my crystal ball. Sorry.

Overt.Enemy
10-18-2010, 07:34 PM

The 8 ball app in my HTC Droid Incredible says "unclear". If I had to guess I'd say "yes". Ever see the Christmas Steam Sale? Just about everything not named "Modern Warfare 2" goes on sale. So the chances are good.

Europhoria
10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
It may see a sale, but I wouldn't expect more than 20-33%. Not all games received a discount during the Christmas sale last year.

AEREC
10-19-2010, 11:13 AM

I would'nt be suprised if we saw a 10% off sale possibly, but I really doubt Civ 5 will be anything lower than $40 during the steam holiday sales.

DJ Thunder Face
10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree with Aerec. The real question is whether or not the utility cost of owning the game for an extra two months is worth saving about 5 bucks to you.

My personal opinion is that if you have the old games and love them, keep playing those instead and save the 5 bucks. You'll also have the advantage of probably coming in after the biggest bugs have been patched.

If you don't have any previous Civ title and really want the game, just spend the full price and start playing now.

You may also still be able to save some money like I did by getting it off D2D with a coupon; up to ten bucks if the codes still work. I'd post them but I don't know if the mods frown upon that. D2D just give you a serial that you put into Steam and it becomes a full Steam title with all the Steam benefits (or problems depending on your view). Please note that that isn't the case will most games on D2D, just SteamWorks games like Civ 5.

Darthcaboose
10-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Steam sales usually apply to games that have been out for a while and/or games which didn't sell as well as expected (wring the last few bucks out of it...).

Civilization 5's been on the Top Sellers on Steam since it came out, and it doesn't look to be dying down any time soon. Additionally, with the DLC packs coming out, it may be quite a while before we see any significant sales happening.

I would be very surprised if Civilization 5 was priced less than $40 during Steam's holiday sale event or anytime during the next year. Fellow SPUFians, I will eat my non-existent hat if I am wrong about this!

brum
10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
there was a sale on coolshop.co.uk yesterday. i paid 1.00 for civ v on steam, full version. i think they mispriced the game though im not complaining.

graywolves
10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
The 8 ball app in my HTC Droid Incredible says "unclear". If I had to guess I'd say "yes". Ever see the Christmas Steam Sale? Just about everything not named "Modern Warfare 2" goes on sale. So the chances are good.

I got my copy of MW2 with a purchase of my video card....;)

Molotov Slacker
10-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Lol not another massive steam sale at christmas... their summer one cleaned me out and I have a game catalog that I will never play through unless I quit my jobs.

Wiggums5
10-20-2010, 04:24 AM
If there is a sale it won't be more than 10% off IMO.