PDA

View Full Version : Expert Mode

jonvan
10-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Has anyone enabled expert mode? I was poking in the menu before I stopped playing last night and saw this. It says something about unlocking buildings, but it would make the game harder?

Just curious if anyone has messed with this setting and knows what it actually does?

Kewp
10-20-2010, 12:38 AM
instead of unlocking buildings gradually by increasing population etc
in pro mode u have access to all the buildings, utilites, everything from the get go.
so its quite easy to overspend too early on things u dont really need yet and go bankrupt fairly quickly

Ric666
10-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I switched on expert mode immediately. although I'd already been involved in the beta so I was fairly used to the building elements/costs. I just like to have all options available immediately so I can build tier2/3 buildings whenever I want.

As kewp said though, you have be a little bit more careful what you plop down. some of the service buildings are outrageously expensive!

Zeuserich
10-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Expert mode is actually messed up. It doesn't open all of the buildings and areas (600+ according to Globex). It was also mentioned that Focus locked and haven't finished lots of buildings (leaving them without descriptions and icons). Globex is working on a new unlocker, like in citiesxl 2009.

jonvan
10-20-2010, 06:47 AM
I gave it a whirl last night, found myself quickly scrambling to increase my revenue vs expenses lol.

It's fun, but I almost like gradually unlocking things better. It's more like having a goal to work for.

It was cool to see all of the different options though. :)