PDA

View Full Version : Difference?

Suomis
10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi, whats the difference between Final DOOM and The Ultimate DOOM? Thanks.

Nitronumber9
10-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Ultimate Doom was a repacking of the origanal Doom with the IV episode while final doom was Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment for Doom2.
If you want to get into Doom for the first time, grab Ultimate doom. If you already have played doom and want a new challenge grab the final doom.

Suomis
10-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Ive been playing ultimate doom :P So they are two different games? Instead of like Duke Nukem 3D where Duke Nukem 3D Atomic edition adds only one episode?

EDIT: Note I have the id superpack, so I have all dooms etc.

FooAtari
10-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Doom is Doom 1 with 4th Episode, Thy Flesh Consumed. It's a bit harder than the previous original three episodes in the game. The 4th episode was added for the retail CD-Rom release of the game

Doom 2, is well Doom 2

Final Doom is two expansions for Doom 2, Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment. I think these consist entirely of community WADS.

Play in that order :)

Check out Doom Wiki (http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Entryway) for loads of information on the Doom games.

Winterkid
10-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Instead of like Duke Nukem 3D where Duke Nukem 3D Atomic edition adds only one episode?

The Atomic was only for people who didn't have the original Duke3D, but if you already owned it, you only had to buy the add-on, the "Plutonium Pak" for your copy of Duke. They've made a new Windows Port for it called JFDuke3D that you just need the data files for. THINK it might work with the Shareware version.

Suomis
10-21-2010, 07:46 AM
I have Duke Nukem 3D Atomic, I was more of using it as an example to compare to. But yea thanks all :)

BTW: I have the master levels for doom II, so where does that go in your order FooAtari?

Grue12
10-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Master levels don't have the storyline in them, it's just a collection of different levels not thematically or story-wise linked to each other. So you can play them after all the other Dooms.

Suomis
10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Yea if I feel for doom after that :D