PDA

View Full Version : FACTS & INFORMATION ABOUT BLACK OPS

Pages : [1] 2

roB:de
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
BLACK OPS IS UNLOCKED. HAVE FUN, FOLKS!
Notice for the new readers:
This topic was created before the game was released. So some informations are not important, anymore. Thank you!

hi folks,

so, i see every day more and more topics, which are pretty similar.

Before you start to read, here's the contents:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* When is the release of BlackOps?
* What are the minimum requirements of Call of Duty: BlackOps?
* The 11/09/2010 is pretty soon. Why i cant preorder BlackOps on Steam? (Updated)
* Do i need Steam for playing BlackOps?
* Which kind of Editions will be available, of BlackOps?
* Here are the official informations of BlackOps
* Review of the closed Beta of BlackOps
* The hidden Site of the zombie-mode, by Treyarch
* 2 Trailers about customization & the multiplayer *UPDATED - 2 new Videos*
* Informations about Dedicated Servers and their provider
* Whats the price for the Servers at gameservers.com?
* Another details to the rented dedicated servers + a video Interview about the servers
* Where to get retails-versions of BlackOps which are uncut?*NEW* (ACTIVATION-INFO ADDED)
* Killstreaks! *A Spoiler-Information. So, ATTENTION!*
* VAC and Steam-Cloud. And (SPOILER ALERT) the possible Achievements?
* Preload? *AVAILABLE NOW!
* Update 10/30/2010:Cut and Uncut differences (German Version - maybe japanese too, idk)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here, some facts & informations about BlackOps:

When is the release of BlackOps?

the official release date of BO is: 11/09/2010
and you can be sure, they dont change the date. Its Activision and not Blizzard or something like that.

What are the minimum requirements of Call of Duty: BlackOps?

Here are the official:
(confirmed by JD_2020 (Josh Olin, Treyarch Community Manager)

* Processor:Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
* Memory: 2GB
* HDD:12GB**
* Video: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
* DirectX: 9.0c

The 11/09/2010 is pretty soon. Why i cant preorder BlackOps on Steam?

UPDATE: BlackOps got Gold - Preordering possible!

Do i need Steam for playing BlackOps?

Short: yes!
Activision confirmed, that BlackOps will be exclsive running with Steam. That means of course NOT: that you only can buy the Game on Steam.
BUT: You need Steam and a Account (or you create one, if you bought BlackOps). Mainly, its the same princip like on MW2.
BlackOps will be installed and ONLY playable via your steamclient.

Which kind of Editions will be available, of BlackOps?

Mainly there are 3 different Editions:

The Standard-Edition: It includes the Game & the game-book, delivered in a normal DVD-Case

The Hardened-Edition includes: The Game, a limited collectors medal of BLackOps, a special avatar-suite for your XBOX or PS3 character and 4 exclusive Coop-Maps (imo, this maps should be released pretty soon after the official release of BlackOps). This all will be delivered in a Steel-Book-Case.

The Prestige-Edition includes: all of the Hardened-Edition PLUS: a real remote-control vehicle. Whis thing is just fckng amazing :)
But more informations you will get here:
Official BlackOps Site (http://callofduty.com/game/?lang=en)

!LITTLE EDIT!
Which Edition is for which System available:
Standard-Edition: PC/PS3/XBOX360
Hardened-Edition: PS3/XBOX360
Prestige-Edition: PS3/XBOX360

(the standard edition will be also available for Wii & Nintendo DS(i) - but well... this kind of "standard-editions" are not the "standard" what we want ;) )

Here are the official informations of BlackOps:

- Earn in-game COD Points that work like currency to purchase equipment, attachments, perks, and new customization options. This gives you the freedom to purchase what you want, when you want.

- All new Killstreaks such as Napalm Strikes, the remote controlled explosive device (RC Car), and controllable helicopters.

- Put your COD Points on the line with all-new Wager Matches. Compete for one of the top three spots in four custom game modes that test your nerves and weapon skills.
- Customize the look of your soldiers with a variety of face paints, gun camos, and equipment options.

- Use the brand new Theater Mode to show off your most epic kills. Edit and upload gameplay videos for the world to see what you're made of.

- Jump into Combat Training and hone your tactics offline against A.I. bots in both Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch game modes.

- ZOMBIES RETURN! The fan favorite co-op mode made famous in Call of Duty: World at War is back as you and up to 3 friends use a multitude weapons to fend off endless waves of blood-thirsty Zombies. Fight to survive in one of the most thrilling and critically-acclaimed co-op experiences in gaming. Stay tuned as the mystery behind Zombies unravels...

- Combat Training allows you to play against enemy controlled AI with your friends, online and split-screen.

source (http://callofduty.com/game)

And here a review by a person, who got invited into the (VERY, VERY) closed Beta of BlackOps:

My impression of Black Ops Multiplayer

Recently I was allowed to join the closed beta for Black Ops MP on Xbox 360, and with it ending today, I’m going to share my impressions as well as a few facts possibly not known by some.

First I have to say when I saw the reveal trailer months ago I felt nothing but disappointment, thinking that this game was nothing but a Modern Warfare 2 ripoff, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. While the game does borrow many things from MW 2, it is far from a clone.

Initially the beta only featured DM and TDM; not really my preferred gametypes, but what the hell. Right off the bat the thing I noticed is the maps are huge compared to MW 2 maps. The average MW 2 map is just big enough to not be able to throw a grenade from your spawn into the enemy spawn. The 4 maps in the beta (Cracked, Launch, Radiation, Summit) are amazingly highly detailed and made for some awesome gameplay.

Cracked
“Cracked” is a heavily battle damaged city with tons of cover & hiding places. It’s one of the larger of the 4 maps, yet still maintains a perfect 60fps at all times. Great for SD (search & destroy) and DEM (demolition).

Launch
“Launch” may be the most visually stunning Call of Duty map ever made; to call it “highly detailed” doesn’t even do it justice. The entire map takes place on a huge launch pad of a rocket, which eventually takes off during the round, deafening anyone near it & shaking the screen, also killing any players under it. I played this map in TDM mostly and it’s perfect for it.

Radiation
“Radiation” is a medium sized map which also features some very impressive off-map animation; in which a large saw (much like this one) rotates into position, descends & kicks up a huge dust cloud. In the playable area of the map there are 2 large horizontal blast doors that can be opened & closed via buttons on either side by holding the Use button/key. It may seem unnecessary, but when one of your objectives is right there in DEM or DOM (domination), those controls can mean the difference between a win or a loss. The map overall is very well designed, of particular note is the interior of the factory with a moving conveyor belt that you can ride up to the second level, and amazing lighting & fx on the tanks in the main room.

Summit
“Summit” is the winter map first shown in the MP reveal trailer with the camera spike. It’s the smallest of the 4 maps but still larger than the average MW 2 map. The map features lots of high & low points and awesome blowing snow fx. Perfect DOM map.

The player customization is just as cool as it seemed. Small improvements make class editing much faster & easier. For example, in previous CoD games if you already had your primary weapon of choice set in your class but you wanted to add an attachment, you need to cycle through all the Primary Weapon choices again just to get to the Attachments section. Now when you select your Primary Weapon, all your options are already laid out for you, such as attachments, camo, playercard & clan tag. Also, when you buy a new attachment or perk, you’re given the option to “buy & equip”, saving you valuable time editing a class between rounds.

The one aspect of Black Ops I found myself focusing on every time I played was the sound. Not only are the weapons sounds perfect, but the changing reverb & tone from room to room is much more noticeable and really helps set the mood for each map. One of the coolest parts of the sound in Black Ops is how all the weapons sounds change naturally from a distance; they’re so realistic sounding it sounds like you’re hearing a real war going on in the distance.

Treyarch has taken the best parts of World at War & MW 2 and combined them, while removing some huge things that made the previous games feel like arcade shooters. The biggest feature is that kills gained from killstreaks no longer count towards your next killstreak. For example, if you get 3 kills & call in an RC car, then get 2 kills with it, you’re still at 3 kills, not 5. This ensures you won’t waste half your time trying to fight off helicopter after helicopter or 2 or 3 at a time, allowing you to focus mostly on the ground & the enemies trying to kill you. Another interesting thing worthy of mentioning is helicopters react to you aiming a launcher at them; they will actually bank and ascend to avoid your missle.

I’ve been on the fence about this game from the start for reasons I already mentioned, and though I was reluctant I did eventually find myself really enjoying MW 2 while despising some of it’s arcade gameplay, Black Ops truly feels like it’s own game that borrowed a few ideas from MW 2 & fixed them so they aren’t so easy to spam and ruin gameplay. Add to that what seems like will be the best CoD Singleplayer yet, and of course Zombies, I’m sold on this game.

Now lets hope for mod tools! :word:

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I’ll answer if I can.

Source of the review (http://www.anarchic-x.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=33472)

And last but not least, the hidden Site of Treyarch - which is hidden, because of... ah anyway ;)

The following site show you some picture of the Zombie-Mode, which will be included into BlackOps.

gknova6 (http://www.gknova6.com/)
(the site needs some seconds to load - so dont cancel it or something - its a lil bit laggy)

So, if you dont understand all the pictures and lil teasers, which are shown on the above link, check the wiki site of CoD for more informations (about gknova and so on): CoD-Wiki-GKNova (http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/GKNOVA6)

And here are 2 trailers to the thematic: customization Features & multiplayer

Customization-Trailer of BlackOps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_r4-eTmlA)

BlackOps Multiplayer Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54)

(i post this trailers because the show some of the many new features of BlackOps.)

**HOT** => Latest Multiplayer-Video of BlackOps (Video of the closed Beta) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY7afNrxE8c) (bad Quality)

**HOT** => Second Multiplayer-Video of BlackOps (Video of the closed Beta) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ26CWyzXPc) (High Quality - 720p available)

Please check the second MP-Beta Video on 05:42 min. and take a look for the enemys movement-jump... It looks really cool - in my opinion :)

I hope this thread answer some of your questions and/or speculations.

(Also im sorry for my bad english - im german)

///EDIT
Informations about Dedicated Servers and their provider

Do we play on Dedicated Servers?
Short: YES!
Finally we get the Dedi-Servers back :)
PC Gamers play on dedicated servers - console gamers still use the P2P system.

Which providers are available to rent a server for BlackOps?
Well, thats the negative point on the Dedi-Server-System of BlackOps. Treyarch & activision allow you ONLY to rent servers by the provider: gameservers.com (www.gameservers.com). Activision awarded this kind of "exclusive-license" only to this one provider. So other companys are not allowed to rent out BlackOps servers. Well... thats how the Publisher-Hierarchy works.. But anyway... we got the Dedicated-Servers back - because of Treyarch. Cheers ;)

Whats the price for the Servers at gameservers.com?
Ok, the price isnt the best - but it isnt expensive too.
Here are the official (and OF COURSE confirmed) prices:

Ranked Server: $15/Month ----- 10,87 €/Month
Unranked Server: $99 cent/Slot ----- 0,72 €/Slot

general informations about the servers:
Ranked Server: limit of 18 Players per Server
Unranked Server: limit of 24 Players per Server
For both server-offers:

- Instant PC Server Activation (on release date)
- No Setup Fees, Cancel anytime, 5-day Refund Guarantee
- Billing period does not start until servers are activated

more Informations or want to preorder? click me to visit gameservers.com (http://www.gameservers.com/blackops/)

Another details to the rented dedicated servers:

They allow you the standard commands like: kick/bann/permbann players... and all the little admin-things
BUT - and thats a big but: The servers are NOT moddable!

You can watch THIS VIDEO INTERVIEW (http://uk.ign.com/videos/2010/09/13/call-of-duty-black-ops-pc-details-interview?objectid=14349496) to get more informations about the Servers.
(the interviewed person: Cesar Stastny - Treyarch’s PC lead for Black Ops)

///EDIT2 (10/24/2010)

Where to get retails-versions of BlackOps which are uncut?

Well, i cant post some shops here, because im not here to do some advertisement... But you should use the option, to preorder your retails-version in any austria-gamestores. They have online store, which offer Austria Versions of BlackOps (PEGI-18) and completely UK-uncut versions.

Austria-PEGI Versions are NOT completely uncut. The "swastika"-signs are still cencored. But gore and violence are completely uncut. Also the versions of austria are completely german synchronised.

The UK-Uncut versions are 100% uncut. All "swastika"-signs are not cencored. Also 100% of gore & blood.

CONFIRMED: US & UK VERSIONS CANT BE ACTIVATED IN GERMANY!

Info by Strom (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/member.php?u=739616): AT-PEGI Version of BO can't be activated in Germany!

///EDIT3 (10/25/2010)

Killstreaks!

Here are the official-confirmed killstreak-rewards of BlackOps:

3 Kills – Spy Plane: Shows enemies on the mini-map. Can be shot down
3 Kills – RC-XD Explosive RC Car
4 Kills – Counter Spy Plane
4 Kills – SAM Turret: Airdrop a placeable SAM turret that destroys aircraft
5 Kills – Care Package
5 Kills – Napalm Strike
6 Kills – Sentry Gun
6 Kills – Mortar Team: Target 2 locations to bombard with Mortar Strikes
7 Kills – Attack Helicopter
7 Kills – Valkyrie Rockets: Launcher with remote controlled rockets
8 Kills – Blackbird: Shows enemy position and direction on the mini-map. Cannot be shot down
8 Kills – Rolling Thunder: Carpet bombing airstrike
9 Kills – Chopper Gunner: Be the gunner of an attack helicopter
11 Kills – Attack Dogs: Attack dogs that hunt the enemy down
11 Kills – Gunship: Pilot an attack helicopter

VAC and Steam-Cloud. And (SPOILER ALERT) the possible Achievements?

Ok, so:
- VAC? YES! VAC (by Valve of course) is the official Anti-Cheat Tool which will support BlackOps and their Servers.

- Steam Cloud Support? Of course! Black Ops use VALVEs Steam Cloud-System to let you use your BlackOps profile (all owned Weapons, XP, Credits, whatever) from any PC which you are usin'.

- Achievements? Well, it would be sad if there are no Steam-Achievements for BlackOps. So we can be pretty sure, that we get them. And maybe - just maybe - they will be the same like on the XBOX360 or PS3 Game-Version. Oh and i talk about the Steam-Client Achievements. Not the (for example) weapon-achive.
Here's the list of the console Achievements, which we will MAYBE get too:

*SPOILER ALERT - DONT READ IF YOU WANNA GET SUPRISED ON RELEASE*

Link to the Achives (http://www.1up.com/news/call-duty-black-ops-achievements)

///EDIT4 (11/3/2010)

Preload?

To every1 who bought BlackOps on Steam:
The Preload was unlocked! You can preload the Game now!

Logially, the preload is ONLY available for ppl, which preordered the game on Steam!

///EDIT5 (10/30/2010)

Update:Cut and Uncut differences

Here's a more detailed update about the differences of the (Un-)cut version:

The german (and maybe japanese too - actually i dont know if there are the same cuts) Version isnt "complete" cuted. There are just some special scenes, which will be missing in the german (and maybe japanese) version:

Singleplayer: There shall be missing certain scenes:
- a torture-scene which includes (in the uncut version) a "glas-fragment" action (this scene will be missing COMPLETELY)
- the "slow-motion-bullet"-scene (which shows a fountain of blood, and some special fragments) is censored. The german version shows nothing of that violence.
- also the song "sympathy for the devil" will be missing completely. The scene where this song should be played, will be musicless in the german version (of course in the japanse MAYBE too)
Multiplayer: According to all official informations, the multiplayer will be COMPLETELY Uncut!

Coop:
- Missing swastika-symbols (completely - no one will be shown')
- according the latest, public informations, it shouldn't be possible to cut-off different limbs of the zombies (by explosive, aimed shots, or whatever)

gve
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
+ rep :) nice info!

Spectralmeat
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Great info, this thread should be sticky. +rep
One thing I would like to comment on is the different editions of the game. I am not sure Treyarch confirmed any editions for the PC. I know the consoles are getting all the diff. editions but I am not sure the PC will have that also. So far I think the PC will be getting the basic edition for sure but the others are console only.

Ronin_100
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
One thing I would like to comment on is the different editions of the game. I am not sure Treyarch confirmed any editions for the PC. I know the consoles are getting all the diff. editions but I am not sure the PC will have that also. So far I think the PC will be getting the basic edition for sure but the others are console only.

Yup, they are sure to milk the console market as always ;)

Nice info m8, +rep ;)

10-20-2010, 11:30 AM

sorry, i forgot to attach the Informations: Which Edition - which System.. i edit it

/also thanks for the pretty positive rep :)

HiImpactHotDog
10-20-2010, 12:22 PM
ugh, those system specs are wrong.

direct2drive a distributor puts up incorrect information and now its posted everywhere as "official" as though distributors don't constantly screw up technical information regarding product information not released yet.

If you believe those are the minimum specs to run a call of duty game on the PC you just need to quit gaming on the PC.

SS|-VoRTeX-|
10-20-2010, 12:30 PM
If you believe those are the minimum specs to run a call of duty game on the PC you just need to quit gaming on the PC.

I've been using an 8600GTS for COD games for years, and they run fine at medium settings. Black Ops is even using the same version of the ID Tech 3 engine that WAW used... so you are wrong.

xMaggostx
10-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah that's true, an 8600GTS can handle easy MW2 or CoD4, if someone release promod for Black ops, the game will run better for old cards.

Spectralmeat
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
sorry, i forgot to attach the Informations: Which Edition - which System.. i edit it

/also thanks for the pretty positive rep :)
No need to be sorry, that is why we are here to help you correct the info, and rep is well deserved on this post. Hopefully clear up some of the forum, people keep on asking the same questions in 4-5 threads on the front page.

Would be nice to get this thread sticky so people can find all the confirmed info in here instead of creating threads about why Black Ops still not on Steam.

HiImpactHotDog
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I've been using an 8600GTS for COD games for years, and they run fine at medium settings. Black Ops is even using the same version of the ID Tech 3 engine that WAW used... so you are wrong.

Are you illiterate?

What does any of that have to do with minimum specs?

♥♥♥♥, "PC gamers" on Steam are the worst when it comes to anything beyond logging and clicking play I swear.

SS|-VoRTeX-|
10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Are you illiterate?

What does any of that have to do with minimum specs?

♥♥♥♥, "PC gamers" on Steam are the worst when it comes to anything beyond logging and clicking play I swear.

1. The specs mention an 8600GT which is one step below a card that runs MW2 at medium settings between 80-91fps.

2. You couldn't even back your previous post up in the first place, all you stated was, "If you believe those are the minimum specs to run a call of duty game on the PC you just need to quit gaming on the PC." Which is obviously incorrect considering that I was able to run a graphically intense game like R6Vegas with an AMD dual-core 2.4ghz, 2gb of ram, and my 8600gts without much of a problem. The engine COD uses is FAR less intense than the Unreal Engine and runs like butter in comparison.

Interesting to see you got so angry over the lack of your own supporting evidence though. Sorry, but COD games DO run on low-medium spec PC's. Just because you have a top of the line machine doesn't mean everybody else NEEDS one to play dah nue COD gamEZZZ!

OmegaXtreme420
10-20-2010, 04:34 PM

Interesting to see you got so angry over the lack of your own supporting evidence though. Sorry, but COD games DO run on low-medium spec PC's. Just because you have a top of the line machine doesn't mean everybody else NEEDS one to play dah nue COD gamEZZZ!

i lold at last part :D

punkboy459
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM

Here are the official:

* Video: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better

Whoa! Are you really sure that the min requirement specs? Dual core and Triplecore for AMD?! Thats impossible maybe for recommands, yes but min requirement come on every single damn COD games are singlecore and dualcore I have never seen anygames for triple core. :X

chevydriver1123
10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Great article, +Rep and this should be a sticky.

1. The specs mention an 8600GT which is one step below a card that runs MW2 at medium settings between 80-91fps.

2. You couldn't even back your previous post up in the first place, all you stated was, "If you believe those are the minimum specs to run a call of duty game on the PC you just need to quit gaming on the PC." Which is obviously incorrect considering that I was able to run a graphically intense game like R6Vegas with an AMD dual-core 2.4ghz, 2gb of ram, and my 8600gts without much of a problem. The engine COD uses is FAR less intense than the Unreal Engine and runs like butter in comparison.

(Pow) Can we say OWNED! +Rep

OmegaXtreme420
10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Whoa! Are you really sure that the min requirement specs? Dual core and Triplecore for AMD?! Thats impossible maybe for recommands, yes but min requirement come on every single damn COD games are singlecore and dualcore I have never seen anygames for triple core. :X

i thought that myself way above xbox specs :D

kampia
10-20-2010, 11:56 PM
any info about release the game for mac?

slim_dusty
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
+rep for post

I’m still so lost to the gknova6 thing some people have way to much time to work this out had I got a message like that I would have went CBF got COD to play.

10-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Folks, the minimal requirements are OFFICIAL!

JD_2020 confirmed the min. requirements for BlackOps. And for everyone:
JD_2020 (Josh Olin) is the community-manager of Treyarch.

He confirmed the requirements (which i have posted in the main--posting) on the CoDHQ.

PC Minimum System Requirements
Verfasst: 1 hour ago

Now it’s official =).

Call of Duty: Black Ops PC Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
Memory: 12 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM
Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better

That is all :) .

-JD

Source CoDHQ (http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=290531)

postman1782
10-21-2010, 12:33 AM
any info about release the game for mac?

Umm I doubt its going to be on Mac. MW2 still isn't on Mac and its been almost a year since it came out. Who would play on a mac anyway. Its an overpriced paper weight good for only a couple things and its not gaming.

10-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Umm I doubt its going to be on Mac. MW2 still isn't on Mac and its been almost a year since it came out. Who would play on a mac anyway. Its an overpriced paper weight good for only a couple things and its not gaming.

Well, thats correct. MACs isnt so commercial, to get titles like MW2 or Blackops.
MAC is still the system, which will be used for some gfx-applications mainly by agencys (for advertisings, for example).. but the MAC get his way into the private Household.. maybe, JUST MAYBE, BlackOps will be released some months later for the MAC-System.... but its unlikely...

The MAC needs some years, to get every Title - like the normals PC-system...

kampia
10-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Well some games already in mac like tf2 cs source world of warcraft starcraft 2 etc and for me mac is far better than a pc. stable os you dont need anti virus firewalls formats etc and not even a huge tower that roars like he move out from hell very annoying. anyway if you have some news please post them.

10-21-2010, 01:01 AM
Well some games already in mac like tf2 cs source world of warcraft starcraft 2 etc and for me mac is far better than a pc. stable os you dont need anti virus firewalls formats etc and not even a huge tower that roars like he move out from hell very annoying. anyway if you have some news please post them.

I will add informations, if i get some... but i hear nothing about a MAC release of BlackOps... Of course it would be cool - i mean, sooner or later, i will buy a mac too... And i would be happy too.... but the economy part of MACs (in the private part - not the business) is only 10% - and well, its logical that not every title will be released for MAC. 10% is absolutely too less, to develope software/games for the MAC-system... sad but true....

SSWeltenfeind
10-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Thank you very much for this info compilation thread :D
+rep!

10-21-2010, 03:46 AM
Thank you very much for this info compilation thread :D
+rep!

cheers m8 :)

well... a sticky would be good - just because of the still similar, new-created topics

Sa-Matra
10-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Few days old MP Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY7afNrxE8c

10-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Few days old MP Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY7afNrxE8c

thanks, i will add it into the main-posting.

Even more new MP gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ26CWyzXPc

added too

Sa-Matra
10-21-2010, 04:39 AM
thanks, i will add it into the main-posting.
Even more new MP gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ26CWyzXPc

10-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Main-posting updated with informations about dedicated servers and a video interview with Cesar Stastny (Treyarch’s PC lead for Black Ops) about the server-system

zombear
10-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Great thread +rep
and your English is fine :D.

h0tp0ck3t
10-21-2010, 06:57 AM
great post +rep

10-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Great thread +rep
and your English is fine :D.

well, thanks :) but it could be better... :D

OrangeNinja
10-21-2010, 07:22 AM
erm 8600gt minimum? i'll have to get a new one x.x (now i have the 8600..)

amd athlon x3 2.9ghz would be fine right? O:

10-21-2010, 07:46 AM
of course its fine. I told another person already, that the "official min. requirements" are just a kind of guide. Its not really the "minimal requirement".

Lower Systems can run the game very fine, too - i guarantee that

OrangeNinja
10-21-2010, 07:51 AM
of course its fine. I told another person already, that the "official min. requirements" are just a kind of guide. Its not really the "minimal requirement".

Lower Systems can run the game very fine, too - i guarantee that

Well thanks, it makes kinda sense.
I can run mw2 on max with this, but would be good idea to replace that 3 years old (or 2, don't remember) card with a new one P:

10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Well thanks, it makes kinda sense.
I can run mw2 on max with this, but would be good idea to replace that 3 years old (or 2, don't remember) card with a new one P:

to replace a old thing with a new one is everytime senseful :D
you're welcome...

notavirus.exe
10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Well, its pretty simple: Treyarch/Activsion dont confirm the Gold-status of BlackOps. That means: The game is still under Developement. AN NO: Not the MAIN-developement. It just means: they fix the most bugs, which are still in the game, fix some texture-problems/-errors. Thats the last step before a Software goes Gold.

Gold-status in the thematic: software, isnt the same like in the music-industry.

Just for your notice:
Music Gold-Status: A artist sold 500,000 copys of his album/single

but the Gold-status in the software-industry means:
A software goes Gold, if it's completly finished (in regarding the developement) and also ready for the sale. Gold doesnt mean, its already in the Store - it means: its ready FOR the Store - so: the sale.

I'm glad my ignorance made it to a bullet point in your fantastic write up. I lived with 2 French people and German in college, although your English is not perfect it is still very good.

Nice write up. Enjoy some more rep. :cool:

PlayGames4fuN
10-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Or you can visit cod7blackops.com where they say these infos xD

ToeCutter
10-21-2010, 08:18 AM
The same minimum requirements are listed for Bad Company 2 and yet (whilst I do not meet those minimum requirements with my E6550, HD4890, 2GB RAM and Windows 7) I play that on pretty much maximum settings with no problems whatsoever.

10-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Or you can visit cod7blackops.com where they say these infos xD

all informations are traceable in the main-posting... compressed of course ... but well, i dont force you. Use google or something if you like ;)

I'm glad my ignorance made it to a bullet point in your fantastic write up. I lived with 2 French people and German in college, although your English is not perfect it is still very good.

Nice write up. Enjoy some more rep. :cool:

cheers m8 - fine that i got your interests :)

oh and:
The same minimum requirements are listed for Bad Company 2 and yet (whilst I do not meet those minimum requirements with my E6550, HD4890, 2GB RAM and Windows 7) I play that on pretty much maximum settings with no problems whatsoever.

well.. seriously, you cant compare the perfomance-balance of BC2 and BlackOps (or CoD mainly).
Because, i think the most of us know, that EA realse more than one time a battlefield-title, which was damn unbalanced. I mean: The performance of MW2 (for example) was since the release (so: version 1.0) very good - it was impressive how fine and smooth a game could be coded.

But as i installed BF:BC2 (for example) i feeled ra.ped by this (kind of) incomplete coded game. The perfomance was so unbalanced - actually i cant find another example, yet....
now i havent played BC2 for a while - maybe its more balanced - but the game isnt my favorite... especially because of all these performance-problems (@ the beginning)

but anyway... just my 2 cents in regard to Performance & BC2 :D

hurleyboy
10-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Not to be harsh but

The 11/09/2010 is pretty soon. Why i cant preorder BlackOps on Steam?

Well, its pretty simple: Treyarch/Activsion dont confirm the Gold-status of BlackOps. That means: The game is still under Developement. AN NO: Not the MAIN-developement. It just means: they fix the most bugs, which are still in the game, fix some texture-problems/-errors. Thats the last step before a Software goes Gold.

Thats not true There are plenty of times they've had things up long before they were ever near a completed stage.

A more likely option is that they are going for a sales record and since i believe that steam isn't counted(or any other online distribution for that matter) they are probably leaving it off to direct people to the stores until the last minute

Another details to the rented dedicated servers:

They allow you the standard commands like: kick/bann/permbann players... and all the little admin-things

i believe they mentioned a couple of months back that the unranked ones would be(im sure hacks will pop up to enable it) since there is no reason to restrict the unranked ones in the same ways

ToeCutter
10-22-2010, 04:54 AM
well.. seriously, you cant compare the perfomance-balance of BC2 and BlackOps (or CoD mainly).
Because, i think the most of us know, that EA realse more than one time a battlefield-title, which was damn unbalanced. I mean: The performance of MW2 (for example) was since the release (so: version 1.0) very good - it was impressive how fine and smooth a game could be coded.

But as i installed BF:BC2 (for example) i feeled ra.ped by this (kind of) incomplete coded game. The perfomance was so unbalanced - actually i cant find another example, yet....
now i havent played BC2 for a while - maybe its more balanced - but the game isnt my favorite... especially because of all these performance-problems (@ the beginning)

but anyway... just my 2 cents in regard to Performance & BC2 :D

So, you're saying that since MW2 (and, by inference, BlackOps) is better optimised, it should be even better, regardless of the fact that I don't meet the published minimum specification? Cool. :)

10-22-2010, 04:58 AM
So, you're saying that since MW2 (and, by inference, BlackOps) is better optimised, it should be even better, regardless of the fact that I don't meet the published minimum specification? Cool. :)

i just say, that the min. Specs are a kind of guide - if BO is so nice performance-optimized on the release, like MW2 or older titles, you havent pay attention to the released specs.
And im pretty sure, the game will be gret performance-balanced - because of treyarch.

So you can be sure, if MW2 runs fine on your PC-System, Blackops will do it too ;)

Not to be harsh but

Thats not true There are plenty of times they've had things up long before they were ever near a completed stage.

A more likely option is that they are going for a sales record and since i believe that steam isn't counted(or any other online distribution for that matter) they are probably leaving it off to direct people to the stores until the last minute

Well, pretty good speculation. May there's some truth in it. But mainly, and if i look back to older title releaess on steam (or main releases), i can tell you that it often depends by the gold-status.
Publishers like EA - which release so many titles, which are REALLY NOT finished in the developement, give the titles a kind of pseudo-gold status, just to release the game as early as they can.
But i really cant remember on a title by Activision, which got the Gold status (and of course a steam preorder too), without a gold status.
I just mean, that it really depends by the Gold of the game - especially for steam. I hope you know what i mean.. its pretty hard to explain the point.. because im german.. and whatever.. :D
But you could be right too....a new sell-record could be a big reason too... but im sure, not mainly

Not to be harsh but
i believe they mentioned a couple of months back that the unranked ones would be(im sure hacks will pop up to enable it) since there is no reason to restrict the unranked ones in the same ways

i just wrote about the legal way... we shouldnt talk about the lesser-legal way ;) Not now, i mean :D

BartP
10-22-2010, 05:05 AM
Very nice compilation and don't worry, my German is not that great! :P

Ciaos
10-22-2010, 11:04 AM
+rep great information thread. Glad to see Hiimpacthotdog didn't come back to this thread!

AdamXENO
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Nice information collection!

10-22-2010, 06:16 PM
+rep great information thread. Glad to see Hiimpacthotdog didn't come back to this thread!

really :D seriously im still waiting for his answer...but anyway.... cheers for the pretty rep here :)

Phare
10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Here's a good fan forum for additional info and dicussion:

Black Ops Forum (http://blackopsforum.com)

10-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Here's a good fan forum for additional info and dicussion:

Black Ops Forum (http://blackopsforum.com)

cheers :) @ the first look, its a pretty active community - nice forum :)

i_2_i
10-23-2010, 02:50 AM
only 4 maps? or will there be more...

10-23-2010, 02:55 AM
only 4 maps? or will there be more...

there will be more, of course. This maps was just available on the closed beta - so, keep cool ;)

it would be stupid, if they would expose every game-detail in a closed beta

Canthinkofaname
10-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Pretty sure Wii is going to have black ops aswell.
So you should edit that into your post. :3

10-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Pretty sure Wii is going to have black ops aswell.
So you should edit that into your post. :3

its already in my posting, m8.
Its in the quote-window which called: "!LITTLE EDIT!".

Here's the excerpt:

!LITTLE EDIT!

(the standard edition will be also available for Wii & Nintendo DS(i) - but well... this kind of "standard-editions" are not the "standard" what we want )

Canthinkofaname
10-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Ahh sorry, didn't scroll to the bottom, just read bits and pieces at the top. :P

GTACanuck
10-23-2010, 06:03 AM
+rep for you good sir!

Someone make this a Sticky!

sasuke2490
10-23-2010, 08:03 AM
thanks taht was pretty informative

10-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Cheers folks :) And also thanks for the sticky - i'm honored :)

jacegalvin
10-23-2010, 11:22 PM
hey guise

just wondering if i can run black ops on my hp pavillion dv6700
specs:
Processor speed 2.4GHz
Processor Core 2 Duo
Amt of RAM 2048 MB
Hard drive 250 GB
Optical drive Blu-ray ROM drive
Graphics hardware Nvidia GeForce Go 8400M GS
Diagonal screen size 15.4 inch

i can run mw2 quite smoothly on good quality

kthx

10-24-2010, 03:26 AM
hey guise

just wondering if i can run black ops on my hp pavillion dv6700
specs:
Processor speed 2.4GHz
Processor Core 2 Duo
Amt of RAM 2048 MB
Hard drive 250 GB
Optical drive Blu-ray ROM drive
Graphics hardware Nvidia GeForce Go 8400M GS
Diagonal screen size 15.4 inch

i can run mw2 quite smoothly on good quality

kthx

hey m8,
so, our systems are pretty similar. I'm playin' on a pavilion dv6 too.. And your system should be more than ok, for BO.

actually, i cant tell you exact details, but the game should run pretty good on your pavilion.

But i recommend you, to buy a external LCD-monitor (Full-HD). Its much cooler to play on a external LCD, as on the Notebook screen :)

jacegalvin
10-24-2010, 04:10 AM
hey m8,
so, our systems are pretty similar. I'm playin' on a pavilion dv6 too.. And your system should be more than ok, for BO.

actually, i cant tell you exact details, but the game should run pretty good on your pavilion.

But i recommend you, to buy a external LCD-monitor (Full-HD). Its much cooler to play on a external LCD, as on the Notebook screen :)

alright thanks man
will be pre-ordering soon

yeah i have a hp 1702 lcd external monitor, but i never play the game on it

i might try playing mw2 on that monitor next time

thanks for the info

and great thread

10-24-2010, 04:19 AM
alright thanks man
will be pre-ordering soon

yeah i have a hp 1702 lcd external monitor, but i never play the game on it

i might try playing mw2 on that monitor next time

thanks for the info

and great thread

You're welcome, m8.

I recommend you to play games on a external screen. Its a much better thing ;)
---------------------------------
Main-Post are updadet:
- Preorder Link
- Cut and Uncut differences for german people
- some tipps where to preorder the uncut (mainly for german-people too)

Assassin1471
10-24-2010, 09:09 AM
These are all the killstreak rewards and kills required to get them. Please add them to first post.

Spy plane - 3

Standard UAV - Can be shot down

RC-XD - 4

Remote Control Car with explosives

Counter spy plane - 4

Counter UAV - Can be shot down

Care Package - 5

Airdrops a random killstreak or ammo

Napalm strike - 5

Airstrike that coveres an area in Napalm

Sentry gun - 6

Airdrops a placable sentry gun

Mortar strike - 6

Bombs 2 areas with mortars

Attack Helicopter - 7

Standard automated attack helicopter

Valkyrie Rockets - 7

Launcher with remote missiles.

Blackbird - 8

Special UAV That cannot be shot down ( wether or not all enemies are shown or not i am not sure )

Rolling thunder - 8

carpet bombing airstrike

Chopper Gunner - 9

Control the gun of an Assault helicopter.

Attack Dogs - 11

Send out dogs to hunt down enemy players

Gunship - 11

control and fire a gunship

jvmagni
10-25-2010, 05:54 AM
I presume that will not have PROMOD to BO once the server are not modabble right? If yes I'm canceling my pre-order...

10-25-2010, 08:10 AM
@ Assassin1471
i will add another killstreak-list into the main-posting. But cheers for your information

//edit

killstreaks added!

turb0man
10-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I dont see anything about lean mentioned, i read earlier that is was supposed to be back?

10-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I dont see anything about lean mentioned, i read earlier that is was supposed to be back?

well, i dont wrote about any movement things... just about general facts.. but i'll take a look ;)

Wu-TanG21
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Very nice information here, thnx! :)

10-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Very nice information here, thnx! :)

cheers m8 :)

------------------------------------

informations added: VAC, Steam-Cloud & "maybe possible" achievements (Steam-Achieves)

The Ferox
10-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Just because I noticed it: it's achiEvement, not achivement. Maybe something for the next edit. ;)

10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Just because I noticed it: it's achiEvement, not achivement. Maybe something for the next edit. ;)

im sorry, really. My english isnt the best :/
Thanks m8

/added the missing E :D

ukhazard
10-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Your sticky needs the following disclaimer:

Nobody has at this time officially announced whether Black Ops purchased via Steam will feature pre-loading prior to the release date.

Or words to that effect :)

10-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Your sticky needs the following disclaimer:

Nobody has at this time officially announced whether Black Ops purchased via Steam will feature pre-loading prior to the release date.

Or words to that effect :)

Preload-Information added

Mariuspersen
10-26-2010, 12:05 PM

you never know, there is always a guy who can crack the code!

10-26-2010, 12:09 PM
you never know, there is always a guy who can crack the code!

you think i dont know the other ways? ;)
You should know, that i & we just talk about legal & official game-informations.

There will be a way - of course.... but it isnt our thematic here...

Blackterror25
10-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Can someone provide me a link where a cod: black ops developer confirms that I'm gonna be able to start a lan server,
I'm planning of hosting a lan with a couple of friends the weekend of the release,
sinds now only gameserver.com will host dedicated servers I'm not sure about the lan thing, and i also wanna see this game get as big as cod4 on real lan-party's

and yes, I know only gameservers.com will be able to host ranked servers so we won't get any xp or CODpoints for that day

thx guys ;)

10-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Can someone provide me a link where a cod: black ops developer confirms that I'm gonna be able to start a lan server,
I'm planning of hosting a lan with a couple of friends the weekend of the release,
sinds now only gameserver.com will host dedicated servers I'm not sure about the lan thing, and i also wanna see this game get as big as cod4 on real lan-party's

and yes, I know only gameservers.com will be able to host ranked servers so we won't get any xp or CODpoints for that day

thx guys ;)

local game hosting will be possible OF COURSE. i mean.. we talk about treyarch ;)

snaapsnaap
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to know, if the german (DE) or austrian (AT) version of Black Ops will support english language!
I dont care about if it's cut or not, but i'd like to play with english language, because the german translations always kinda sucks!

Again, i'm just asking about the language/translation (text, speech, synchro), no making the game uncut...
It would be very annoying, that i must play with German Language!

Or would it be at least be working with some kind of patches, for translation only?

10-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I just wanted to know, if the german (DE) or austrian (AT) version of Black Ops will support english language!
I dont care about if it's cut or not, but i'd like to play with english language, because the german translations always kinda sucks!

Again, i'm just asking about the language/translation (text, speech, synchro), no making the game uncut...
It would be very annoying, that i must play with German Language!

Or would it be at least be working with some kind of patches, for translation only?

Mainly the most retail-versions are MULTI. That means, yes, there should be the english language too

lawlzomg
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
the german version only has a german syncro, but i don't know if the at version has a english syncro.

10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
im pretty sure, there is another sync too (english).. because like i already tell ya: reatils games are VERY OFTEN multi-lang versions. So they include many languages... and if he buy a retails, so he should get a multi-game..

also the steam-version should be multi too.. because of the possibility to download the language (sub & dub)

lawlzomg
10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Low Violence: German low violence version only available with German language

maybe the AT version is multi, who knows?

10-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Low Violence: German low violence version only available with German language

maybe the AT version is multi, who knows?

i think it doesnt mean the "game-language" itself... you can be sure, the game will be multi

lawlzomg
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
You can't play the german mw2 on english either...so im 100% sure.

Nephron
10-27-2010, 02:40 PM
It is still unknown, if the AT/CH PEGI supports english language or German only.
On the Austrian steam store you can buy 2 versions:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42700/?cc=at

The first one obviously is the uncut intl. version with English, French, Italian and Spanish language.

So the 2nd one has to be the AT/CH PEGI Version and it looks like it supports only German language.

DarkPhoenix966
10-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the info, man!

Nephron
10-28-2010, 05:12 AM
All Perks + Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX3Q6VDTkAU&hd=1

Blackterror25
10-28-2010, 10:55 AM
local game hosting will be possible OF COURSE. i mean.. we talk about treyarch ;)

hmm ok thx, but could you provide me with a link that shows where a developer from treyarch says it?

I know we're talking about treyarch but look at what infinity ward did when activision told them, no dedi's

10-28-2010, 10:45 PM
hmm ok thx, but could you provide me with a link that shows where a developer from treyarch says it?

I know we're talking about treyarch but look at what infinity ward did when activision told them, no dedi's

well... dont compare IW with trey.. But i will later looking for a confirmed source to post it.

//edit

ok m8, im sorry. There is NO offline LAN-mode. I've read it in the official blackops forum... but well, there's still the possibility to play private matches. And i think, people in your local network can join in... but actually i havent read any confirm... let me twitter JD.. may he will answer.

Blackterror25
10-29-2010, 03:57 PM
well... dont compare IW with trey.. But i will later looking for a confirmed source to post it.

//edit

ok m8, im sorry. There is NO offline LAN-mode. I've read it in the official blackops forum... but well, there's still the possibility to play private matches. And i think, people in your local network can join in... but actually i havent read any confirm... let me twitter JD.. may he will answer.

ok, :(
thx for checking it out,

I've also tried contacting JD on twitter a couple of times but with little success

isamu99
10-30-2010, 02:54 AM
More info about Zombies mode would be grateful :)

10-30-2010, 02:56 AM
More info about Zombies mode would be grateful :)

well, i just post facts/informations (which are confirmed)... so there are no more big details - which are confirmed - about the zombie mode.. im sry

10-30-2010, 09:02 AM
UPDATED: New details about the Cut and Uncut differences!

Please check the end of the main-posting for the Update.

Also the whole main-posting got updated (for example: why no preorder, the gold-status-thematic or something like that)

And thanks for all the reps - im feelin' honored :)

makke007
10-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks for your informations

But if the Multiplayer is uncut for german versions is it possible to cut off arms etc. ?

10-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for your informations

But if the Multiplayer is uncut for german versions is it possible to cut off arms etc. ?

No call of duty title allow you to cut off arms or whatever.... the cut-off violence is JUST available on the zombie mode - not the main-multiplayer... just in the coop...

So, its NOT available in the german version.... you know.. the cut-off-violence-gore-whatever thing...

Shrmtales
10-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Do we know if the release date refers to all regions? Typical europe gets hold of a game 2-3 days later!

Gilgamar
10-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Do we know if the release date refers to all regions? Typical europe gets hold of a game 2-3 days later!
I find no indication for that. Looks like all stores have the 9th as release date, too, so it looks like it will be released world-wide on that date.

10-31-2010, 06:48 AM

Its a worldwide release-date. There is no delay :)

Shrmtales
10-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Its a worldwide release-date. There is no delay :)

Cheers for the reply :D

Headcrab_Zer0
10-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Germans won't be able to activate US/UK retail copies on Steam (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/report-black-ops-censored-in-germany-steam-to-block-internatio/) (see update down the bottom of the article).

lawlzomg
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Germans won't be able to activate US/UK retail copies on Steam (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/report-black-ops-censored-in-germany-steam-to-block-internatio/) (see update down the bottom of the article).

you're slow

Headcrab_Zer0
10-31-2010, 04:05 PM
I only posted that so it'll be added to the OP because I didn't see it mentioned there at all.

10-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Information in the Main-Posting added:

CONFIRMED: US & UK VERSIONS CANT BE ACTIVATED IN GERMANY! ONLY THE AT-PEGI VERSION CAV BE ACTIVATED IN GER! BECAUSE OF THE GERMAN LAW!

I forgot to add this info - im sorry. Thanks for the information!

Shrmtales
11-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Wow only 24hrs preload window that will cause a steam breakdown again :mad:! I hope that will allow anything between 72hrs and 48hrs :rolleyes:

11-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Wow only 24hrs preload window that will cause a steam breakdown again :mad:! I hope that will allow anything between 72hrs and 48hrs :rolleyes:

its just my personal theorie - i wrote, there's no preload confirmed or something else... i told you: just MAYBE

Shrmtales
11-01-2010, 10:14 AM
its just my personal theorie - i wrote, there's no preload confirmed or something else... i told you: just MAYBE

:D Everything is possible with steam! But it was a general not person specific comment :)

jamieoscar
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey... If it's world wide release on the 9th does that mean Australia will actually get their copy before America because of time difference? =o that's almost unheard of!

Headcrab_Zer0
11-01-2010, 11:18 PM
That's correct jamieoscar. Says so on the Steam page.

MDRTeamPusan
11-02-2010, 06:31 AM
No call of duty title allow you to cut off arms or whatever.... the cut-off violence is JUST available on the zombie mode - not the main-multiplayer... just in the coop...

So, its NOT available in the german version.... you know.. the cut-off-violence-gore-whatever thing...

Negative... I can't tell you how many times I had limbs severed in Competitive Multiplayer on Call of Duty: World at War. Moreover, It was possible to do the same thing in Single Player Campaign.

Gilgamar
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
SP has gore, I'm pretty sure I saw that on a video, but MP does NOT have gore, as seen on plenty of MP videos.

GAM3R
11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
""When is the release of BlackOps?

the official release date of BO is: 11/09/2010
and you can be sure, they dont change the date. Its Activision and not Blizzard or something like that.""

true..a big company never changes his mind

""What are the minimum requirements of Call of Duty: BlackOps?

Here are the official:

* DirectX: 9.0c""

good for my computer but ..i need a new hdd ;) ...

""Do i need Steam for playing BlackOps?

Short: yes!
Activision confirmed, that BlackOps will be exclsive running with Steam. That means of course NOT: that you only can buy the Game on Steam.
BUT: You need Steam and a Account (or you create one, if you bought BlackOps). Mainly, its the same princip like on MW2.
BlackOps will be installed and ONLY playable via your steamclient.""

SHORT:NO
I do not need steam to play great games like COD:MW2 or COD:Black Ops

I own COD: MW2 and do not use steam to play it and I will not activate the game (ACTIVATE a PRODUCT on STEAM)

Wayside
11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
1 hour long gameplay and interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDVm8yAGNpg&fmt=22

dtheo93
11-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Can you answer if VAC banns carry over from MW2 to Black Ops?

I know this question is asked a lot!
But never heard a confirmed answer

Headcrab_Zer0
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
SHORT:NO
I do not need steam to play great games like COD:MW2 or COD:Black Ops

I own COD: MW2 and do not use steam to play it and I will not activate the game (ACTIVATE a PRODUCT on STEAM)
LOL GAM3R.

Have fun with no multiplayer then.

_ACID_
11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey there, I gathered some information from the dev live chat that just took place:

The Q&A:

Regarding PC and Servers:

Q: What bonuses do you get from prestigeing?
A: Custom classes, colored clan tags and custom backgrounds for your emblem.

Q: What about anticheat?
A: "There are all sorts of magical things happening."

Q: Will PC have a Ping column?
A: Yes.

Q: Is FOV changeable on PC?
A: Yes, you can "take it to 80".

Q: Is PC restricted to 9v9 S&D or can you play all modes 9v9?
A: You can play all modes.

Q: Will Wager matches work on PC, and how?
A: There will be dedicated 6-slot servers hosted by Treyarch.

Q: Will PC users be able to edit their config, and how in-depth?
A: You can edit your config like in the other games.

Q: Will server hosts be able to host mixed servers, eg S&D + CTF?
A: You can set up a base Playlist and add exclusions to it.

Q: Will there be ground war?
A: TDM will have 18 slots, Domination will have 18 slots, too.

Q: Why are there playlists instead of free map rotation?
A: ""

[U]Regarding Gameplay:

Q: How did you balance SGs to become primary weapons?
A: [not at all] "You have to give up any hope of winning mid range and long range".

Q: Will you block the use of Grenade Launchers immediately after spawn?
A: Yes, there is a delay.

Q: Was knifing nerfed?
A: No, but since commando and tac-knifes were removed it's less annoying now.

Q: What weapons will be usable on unranked servers? All of them or just the ones you unlocked on ranked servers?
A: All of them, leveling is restricted to ranked servers.

Q: Will you get more points for an assist when you deal more damage?
A: "We hate feeling cheated [...]"

Misc:

Q: Will there be a Coop campaign similar to WaW?
A: No.

Comments:

> There are 15 Prestige levels, consisting of 50 levels each
> They are "almost positive" that there will be a pre-load.
> Maxslots Ranked = 18, Unranked = 24. Also they are "trying to increase the amount of unranked slots".
> There is no ETA on mod tools yet.
> There will be around 40 Weapons (MW2 had 43)
> Leaderboards are calculated per minute based on weekly, montly and all-time data.

Falerix
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Hey there, I gathered some information from the dev live chat that just took place:

wall o text

Thanks for this! +REP

Headcrab_Zer0
11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Preload is up now just so you know.

Funk3r
11-03-2010, 04:58 AM
@roB:de: U can now update the preload section :-)

Greetz
Funk3r

11-03-2010, 06:49 AM
@roB:de: U can now update the preload section :-)

Greetz
Funk3r

cheers m8. I will update it in 2-3 hours - atm im in the university.

/edit
ok, i've updated the main-posting. and again: thanks for the information, m8

GAM3R
11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
LOL GAM3R.

Have fun with no multiplayer then.

nope ..
know that multiplayer works

wakeless0
11-03-2010, 11:24 AM

This post infuriated me.

11-03-2010, 11:34 AM
nope ..
know that multiplayer works

well, GAM3R... we discuss about legal ways... and the legal way is only: to use steam for BlackOps... and you know that.... so please.. stop speaking about another ways to play... cheers

wakeless0
11-03-2010, 11:40 AM

VAC bans do not carry over from Modern Warfare 2 to Black Ops.

If you feel extremely concerned regarding this matter, you could always make a secondary account.

11-03-2010, 11:46 AM

well, you dont hear any answer, 'cause there was no official statement to your thematic. But im pretty sure, MW2 banns shouldnt be connected with BlackOps. That would be really unfair... if the banns would be carry to BlackOps, we would already get a official statement about the thematic..
dont worry m8... and dont cheat ;)

Evil_Warhead
11-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I am german and if someonesgift it me from russia or usa for example will I be able to play it?

Headcrab_Zer0
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
The gifting system in Steam has always been the best way to get around censorship.

11-03-2010, 11:58 PM
I am german and if someonesgift it me from russia or usa for example will I be able to play it?

The gifting system in Steam has always been the best way to get around censorship.

actually, i dont see any "real confirm" like a screenshot or something else.
Otherwise i dont see someone, who say: no, it dont work. Just some people which mean, yes it works...
i really dont know if it works, sorry

PhamousVegas
11-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Anyone know for sure if the WaW Zombie Maps seen in the Xbox and PS3 Special Edition will show up on PC?

11-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Anyone know for sure if the WaW Zombie Maps seen in the Xbox and PS3 Special Edition will show up on PC?

the zombie maps of w@w will be available as DLC for us - the pc-user... it will be downloadable some weeks after release of BlackOps

Timothy_ch
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a question (amirite in this thread?) about the swiss version of the game. Are the same things in the the swiss and the austria version cut? Only the swastikas?

11-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I have a question (amirite in this thread?) about the swiss version of the game. Are the same things in the the swiss and the austria version cut? Only the swastikas?

well, actually there are no official information about a "swiss version". It should be the exactly same like the AT-PEGI version.. So 100 % uncut - only the missing swastikas...
I mean, swiss is a german-speaking country... so you should get the AT version - which is completely german.
but you swiss-guys never get the cut-german version, so keep cool :)

Roro7302
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Special operations will be present (with stars)?

Timothy_ch
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Ok, good.

What about the language? I can set it to english if I buy the game directly from steam right?

OrangeNinja
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Ok, good.

What about the language? I can set it to english if I buy the game directly from steam right?

It depends, for example I almost sure that if you're russian you got only russian language, thats all. google O:

Gilgamar
11-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Special operations will be present (with stars)?
You mean Spec Ops like in MW2? No.

11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
To the latest 2 questions:

- No SpecOps like in MW2. The new Coop will be the Zombie-Mode. Also the training-mode (if i right remember, it was playable as coop - the training mode)

- russian-versions are only playable in russian language. Because: russian versions are VERY cheap - and the income by blackops would fall down like a stone, if every1 would buy the russian version and just change the language to english/german/whatever...

///edit

and btw: thanks to everyone for over 10,000 topic-views and the +sticky :) Im feelin' honored - and i hope i could helped you on some points. Thanks folks, really :)

OrangeNinja
11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
///edit

and btw: thanks to everyone for over 10,000 topic-views and the +sticky :) Im feelin' honored - and i hope i could helped you on some points. Thanks folks, really :)

Eh thank you for making such an helpful thread ;)

snaapsnaap
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
- russian-versions are only playable in russian language. Because: russian versions are VERY cheap - and the income by blackops would fall down like a stone, if every1 would buy the russian version and just change the language to english/german/whatever...

But why can't the Germans, like me, change the language to english?
The german version costs more than the english version :rolleyes:

Also, will it not be possible to change at least the texts into another language?
i'm already used to the english perks etc. from mw2 :)

zAce
11-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Which providers are available to rent a server for BlackOps?
Well, thats the negative point on the Dedi-Server-System of BlackOps. Treyarch & activision allow you ONLY to rent servers by the provider: gameservers.com (www.gameservers.com). Activision awarded this kind of "exclusive-license" only to this one provider. So other companys are not allowed to rent out BlackOps servers. Well... thats how the Publisher-Hierarchy works.. But anyway... we got the Dedicated-Servers back - because of Treyarch. Cheers ;)

Seriously, what is it with game developers and dedicated servers now a days? Why are they doing stuff like this? This isn't the way to create a community around the game, it's just to make money. Way to screw the people who loves games.

I don't flame this game or Treyarch, I flame all the game developers who are seeing dedicated servers as a curse. And I hope they get punished by boycotts or lost sales.

It makes me a sad gamer and I won't support any game developer who does this anymore. (if it makes any cod player happier, I'm not happy how BFBC2 handles the servers. :()

PhamousVegas
11-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Just be happy that we get Dedicated Servers at all.

Headcrab_Zer0
11-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd prefer the way that BC2 handled the server files over this method though. However, I'm just glad that there'll be Games On Net (http://games.on.net/gameservers.php) servers for Australia as Internode is my ISP (which makes the servers free quota for me).

PhamousVegas
11-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I'd prefer the way that BC2 handled the server files over this method though. However, I'm just glad that there'll be Games On Net (http://games.on.net/gameservers.php) servers for Australia as Internode is my ISP (which makes the servers free quota for me).

How do you figure it will be on games on net?
They said ONLY GameServers.com will be hosting them.

Headcrab_Zer0
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Because they'll be hosted on Internode's hardware.
http://games.on.net/blackops

11-05-2010, 03:06 AM
But why can't the Germans, like me, change the language to english?
The german version costs more than the english version :rolleyes:

Also, will it not be possible to change at least the texts into another language?
i'm already used to the english perks etc. from mw2 :)

Ok, i know your frustration - im german too. And i was pretty shocked too...
But look, at the moment, i specualte, that treyarch will allow us to overwrite the german sound/text with the english one. Because in the official forums, many germans are angry about that. Also treyarch promise us, to support the PC-Gamers more than the console people. So im pretty sure, some days/weeks after realese, it will be able to overwrite the german files with the english one. (of course without the violence - just the text and sound)

//edit
Also a language-change (in the steam-propertie-section) SHOULDNT be possible.

Seriously, what is it with game developers and dedicated servers now a days? Why are they doing stuff like this? This isn't the way to create a community around the game, it's just to make money. Way to screw the people who loves games.

I don't flame this game or Treyarch, I flame all the game developers who are seeing dedicated servers as a curse. And I hope they get punished by boycotts or lost sales.

It makes me a sad gamer and I won't support any game developer who does this anymore. (if it makes any cod player happier, I'm not happy how BFBC2 handles the servers. :()

well, there was a official statement of the director designer of treyarch, why they give gameservers.com the exclusivity. The reason was - short:
- gameservers.com and treyarch working together for many years
- gameservers.com is the provider, which offer the best qualitiy and bandwith
- and some lil other points

in my opinion, its pretty hard for the other providers which offer dedicated-server. But otherwise: gameservers.com offer really good hardware, quality and fast bandwith. Also - imo - the prices are OK!. Of course not too cheap... but not expensive too... so im fine with the choose of treyarch....

_ACID_
11-05-2010, 04:36 AM
well, there was a official statement of the director designer of treyarch, why they give gameservers.com the exclusivity. The reason was - short:
- gameservers.com and treyarch working together for many years
- gameservers.com is the provider, which offer the best qualitiy and bandwith
- and some lil other points

in my opinion, its pretty hard for the other providers which offer dedicated-server. But otherwise: gameservers.com offer really good hardware, quality and fast bandwith. Also - imo - the prices are OK!. Of course not too cheap... but not expensive too... so im fine with the choose of treyarch....

Wait, so because gameservers.com is such a good service they need to make it the only possible one? I think their involvement hints to some more paid DLC, and also to that we probably won't have custom maps.

Then again, having all servers controlled by the same company makes management, patching etc easier.

11-05-2010, 04:58 AM
Wait, so because gameservers.com is such a good service they need to make it the only possible one? I think their involvement hints to some more paid DLC, and also to that we probably won't have custom maps.

Then again, having all servers controlled by the same company makes management, patching etc easier.

good point, m8. There are of course positive and negative points on a exclusive server-provider. Positive is of course: its much easier and faster to spread DLC-Contents, Patches, Server-Client-Update and other Stuff by only one, exclusive Provider. That promise is us fast, more efficient support - and thats of course really important.

On the other side: trayarch or better: activision will be able to controll the prices (maybe DLCs too - i've heard the first DLC will be free).. and that could be pretty bad for us... but im still optimism about the Dedi-Provider, Treyarch and Activision ;)

skuli_22
11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Can you make like 2 accounts like in cod4 so you can have 2 guys in lvl 55 cus i want one account for guests, i want the other one for me :P

Gilgamar
11-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Can you make like 2 accounts like in cod4 so you can have 2 guys in lvl 55 cus i want one account for guests, i want the other one for me :P
You mean profiles? No, not possible.

PhamousVegas
11-05-2010, 08:13 PM
You mean profiles? No, not possible.

Did they confirm this?
Anyway, since we have access to the console if you really wanted to be assed you could technically set up 'fake' profiles.

Sgt_Pepper
11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
So guys, any word on when Steam achievements go live?

PhamousVegas
11-05-2010, 09:09 PM
So guys, any word on when Steam achievements go live?

Yes, now.

Death to Dictators
Take down Castro with a headshot.

Sacrifice
Ensure your squad escapes safely from Cuba.

Vehicular Slaughter
Destroy all enemies on vehicles during the prison break.

Give me liberty, or give me death
Escape Vorkuta.

Slingshot Kid
Destroy all slingshot targets in 3 attempts.

VIP
Receive orders from Lancer.

A safer place
Sabotage the Soviet space program.

Tough Economy
Use no more than 6 TOW guided missiles to destroy the tanks in the defense of Khe Sanh.

Looks don't count
Break the siege in the battle of Khe Sanh.

SOG Rules
Retrieve the dossier and the defector from Hue City.

Raining Pain
Rack up a body count of 20 NVA using air support in Hue City.

The Dragon Within
Kill 10 NVA with Dragon's Breath rounds.

Heavy Hand
Use the Grim Reaper to destroy the MG emplacement.

Up close and personal
Silently take out 3 VC.

Double Trouble
Use only dual wield weapons to escape Kowloon.

Broken English
Escape Kowloon.

Lord Nelson
Destroy all targets and structures while making your way up the river.

Never get off the boat
Find the Soviet connection in Laos.

Pathfinder
Guide the squad through the Soviet outpost without them getting killed.

Mr. Black OP
Enter the Soviet relay station undetected.

With extreme prejudice
Get to the POW compound in the Hind using only rockets.

Russian bar-b-q
Incinerate 10 enemies with the flamethrower attachment in the POW compound.

Light Foot
Escape the ship with 2:15 left on the timer in Veteran.

Some wounds never heal
Escape the past.

I hate monkeys
Kill 7 monkeys in under 10 seconds in the Rebirth labs.

No Leaks
Make it through the NOVA 6 gas without dying on Rebirth Island.

Clarity
Crack the code.

Double Whammy
Destroy both helicopters with one Valkyrie missile from the deck of the ship.

BLACK OP MASTER
Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.

Stand Down
Complete the campaign on any difficulty.

Frag Master
Kill 5 enemies with a single frag grenade in the campaign.

Sally Likes Blood
Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet

Unconventional Warfare
Use the explosive bolts to kill 30 enemies in the campaign.

Cold Warrior
Complete "Operation 40," "Vorkuta," and "Executive Order" on Veteran difficulty.

Down and Dirty
Complete "SOG" and "The Defector" on Veteran difficulty.

It's your funeral
Complete "Numbers," "Project Nova," and "Victor Charlie" on Veteran difficulty.

Not Today
Complete "Crash Site," "WMD," and "Payback" on Veteran difficulty.

Burn Notice
Complete "Rebirth" and "Redemption" on Veteran difficulty.

Closer Analysis
Find all the hidden intel.

The Collector
Buy every weapon off the walls in a single Zombies game.

Hands Off the Merchandise
Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out.

Sacrificial Lamb
Kill 6 zombies after getting shot by a Pack-a-Punched Crossbow bolt.

"Insert Coin"
Access the terminal and battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in Dead Ops Arcade.

Easy Rhino
In Dead Ops Arcade, use a Speed Boost to blast through 20 or more enemies at one time.

Sgt_Pepper
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Yes, now.

Death to Dictators
Take down Castro with a headshot.

Sacrifice
Ensure your squad escapes safely from Cuba.

Vehicular Slaughter
Destroy all enemies on vehicles during the prison break.

Give me liberty, or give me death
Escape Vorkuta.

Slingshot Kid
Destroy all slingshot targets in 3 attempts.

VIP
Receive orders from Lancer.

A safer place
Sabotage the Soviet space program.

Tough Economy
Use no more than 6 TOW guided missiles to destroy the tanks in the defense of Khe Sanh.

Looks don't count
Break the siege in the battle of Khe Sanh.

SOG Rules
Retrieve the dossier and the defector from Hue City.

Raining Pain
Rack up a body count of 20 NVA using air support in Hue City.

The Dragon Within
Kill 10 NVA with Dragon's Breath rounds.

Heavy Hand
Use the Grim Reaper to destroy the MG emplacement.

Up close and personal
Silently take out 3 VC.

Double Trouble
Use only dual wield weapons to escape Kowloon.

Broken English
Escape Kowloon.

Lord Nelson
Destroy all targets and structures while making your way up the river.

Never get off the boat
Find the Soviet connection in Laos.

Pathfinder
Guide the squad through the Soviet outpost without them getting killed.

Mr. Black OP
Enter the Soviet relay station undetected.

With extreme prejudice
Get to the POW compound in the Hind using only rockets.

Russian bar-b-q
Incinerate 10 enemies with the flamethrower attachment in the POW compound.

Light Foot
Escape the ship with 2:15 left on the timer in Veteran.

Some wounds never heal
Escape the past.

I hate monkeys
Kill 7 monkeys in under 10 seconds in the Rebirth labs.

No Leaks
Make it through the NOVA 6 gas without dying on Rebirth Island.

Clarity
Crack the code.

Double Whammy
Destroy both helicopters with one Valkyrie missile from the deck of the ship.

BLACK OP MASTER
Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.

Stand Down
Complete the campaign on any difficulty.

Frag Master
Kill 5 enemies with a single frag grenade in the campaign.

Sally Likes Blood
Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet

Unconventional Warfare
Use the explosive bolts to kill 30 enemies in the campaign.

Cold Warrior
Complete "Operation 40," "Vorkuta," and "Executive Order" on Veteran difficulty.

Down and Dirty
Complete "SOG" and "The Defector" on Veteran difficulty.

It's your funeral
Complete "Numbers," "Project Nova," and "Victor Charlie" on Veteran difficulty.

Not Today
Complete "Crash Site," "WMD," and "Payback" on Veteran difficulty.

Burn Notice
Complete "Rebirth" and "Redemption" on Veteran difficulty.

Closer Analysis
Find all the hidden intel.

The Collector
Buy every weapon off the walls in a single Zombies game.

Hands Off the Merchandise
Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out.

Sacrificial Lamb
Kill 6 zombies after getting shot by a Pack-a-Punched Crossbow bolt.

"Insert Coin"
Access the terminal and battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in Dead Ops Arcade.

Easy Rhino
In Dead Ops Arcade, use a Speed Boost to blast through 20 or more enemies at one time.

I meant really live on steam, but yeah, that's pretty much about it, didn't know them, thanks :)

PhamousVegas
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I meant really live on steam, but yeah, that's pretty much about it, didn't know them, thanks :)

It is really LIVE on Steam.
If you were able to launch the game you would be able to unlock these achievements with no issues.

Sgt_Pepper
11-05-2010, 09:33 PM
It is really LIVE on Steam.
If you were able to launch the game you would be able to unlock these achievements with no issues.

really? Ohh, actually I haven't bought it, I was waiting the achievements go to the game page store, but if you say so maybe I should buy it soon :)

PhamousVegas
11-05-2010, 09:37 PM
really? Ohh, actually I haven't bought it, I was waiting the achievements go to the game page store, but if you say so maybe I should buy it soon :)

They are LIVE, they probably just didn't get put on the Steam Store since if people see cheaters that have every single achievement it might kill sales a bit.

Sgt_Pepper
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
They are LIVE, they probably just didn't get put on the Steam Store since if people see cheaters that have every single achievement it might kill sales a bit.

Just bought it and you are right, +rep my friend, I'm happy and fullfil now LOL I hated so much MW2 that I didn't bought it but this is another story

Good thing I have spare money to kill :)

PhamousVegas
11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks, mate.
Happy I could help :P

What is your Steam ID? Maybe we can play some when it comes out? :)
PM it to me if you wish for it not to be seen in the public, lol.

Sgt_Pepper
11-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks, mate.
Happy I could help :P

What is your Steam ID? Maybe we can play some when it comes out? :)
PM it to me if you wish for it not to be seen in the public, lol.

sure, is this the ID link right?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pacob (its private but you can add me as a friend I think)
Add me to play some matches for sure!
Everybody that is not cheater and a good competitor feel free to add me xD

FRKT
11-07-2010, 08:07 AM
and you can be sure, they dont change the date. Its Activision and not Blizzard or something like that.

Dude, Activision is Blizzard...

Rad-86
11-07-2010, 10:55 AM
so what if you are german and you brag like hell that you wont buy the game because of the censor♥♥♥♥ included in your steam version. what if you receive a gift of game from an american or UK friend of yours. will you get a censored version or will you get standard american uncut. also if you get the american uncut, will you get full support and updates and other stuff? or will your gift get banned or better yet you get to be banned from steam totally...
thanks for any kind of useful answers..

_ACID_
11-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Dude, Activision is Blizzard...
No, both Activision and Blizzard are subsidiaries of their holding company Activision-Blizzard, which is owned by Vivendi SA. The companies still exist.

so what if you are german and you brag like hell that you wont buy the game because of the censor♥♥♥♥ included in your steam version. what if you receive a gift of game from an american or UK friend of yours. will you get a censored version or will you get standard american uncut. also if you get the american uncut, will you get full support and updates and other stuff? or will your gift get banned or better yet you get to be banned from steam totally...
thanks for any kind of useful answers..
Apparently, you can only activate Austrian and German keys in Germany. So you can buy the Austrian version if you want the game to be uncut, but either way it will be german. It appears the only way to get an uncensored english game is to have a friend from UK/USA gift it to you.

Edit: also lol at wikipedias activision page: "Activision is an American video game developer and publisher, majority owned by French conglomerate Vivendi SA. Activision is known for milking its Call of Duty franchise."

Desi
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
You should add an extra question:

Q. Why is Black Ops not dumping to my RAM properly and making my CPU bottleneck, giving me extremely low FPS?

Fussi90
11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I lol'd at your #1 fact.

Gotta love your faith in steam.

ncaross
11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Any chance of explaining what happens if pre-load is still locked? It's been two hours now. In Australia. Have restarted several times.

Mr_Fayce
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
+Rep.

Thanks for the info.

devilsrefugee
11-09-2010, 03:28 AM
will a radeon 4850 (512 ram) meet the min specs in terms of graphic cards?

11-09-2010, 03:45 AM
will a radeon 4850 (512 ram) meet the min specs in terms of graphic cards?

yea, the card should handle the specs - middle quality should be possible for you

Atherius
11-09-2010, 05:32 AM
How about FOV ? Is't any way to change default "field of view" in mp ?

Kitsunami
11-09-2010, 06:59 AM
I beg to differ.

Here are the official:

Are you sure?

Im on a:

Nvidia GTX 260 1gb graphics card
Windows Vista
4 gb of ram
3.0 dual core processor
Directx 10
At least 70gb of space left

It refuses to play. Stuttering incredibly badly, and only 10 fps at the most.

devilsrefugee
11-09-2010, 07:59 AM
yea, the card should handle the specs - middle quality should be possible for you

thanks +rep

11-09-2010, 08:42 AM
thanks +rep

thanks, m8 :)

well, i've updated the Main-Posting.
Also maybe i will update some points here in a few days - like achivements, or something else.

But generally it isnt important anymore, because of the release of Black Ops.

I hope my topic show you more transparency in all these specualtions about Black Ops - and primary i hope, you all get your questions answered :)

lawlzomg
11-09-2010, 10:33 AM
okay so some ppl say the at version can be activated in english in germany and some ppl say it can be activated in german only, so at a few german ppl that activated the at version...can you play it in english?

rondog
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Fact: BO graphics are worse than MW2. Awesome step backward!

silencer727
11-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Fact: BO graphics are worse than MW2. Awesome step backward!

Its more an opinion, maybe its way more beautiful then MW2 for me.

rondog
11-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Its more an opinion, maybe its way more beautiful then MW2 for me.

false

poodlemeister
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
false

dude, its an opinion, let him have it, its a free country here in the US last I checked, so if you don't like, stuff a sock in it and don't bother!

rondog
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
dude, its an opinion, let him have it, its a free country here in the US last I checked, so if you don't like, stuff a sock in it and don't bother!

Regardless of the US being a free country, the graphics are worse than mw2. I don't understand how you can't see that. BO looks like CS source..maybe 1 step higher with lighting, but that's it.

ypertatos
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
This is so fun to watch....

*launches tf2

Wilhuf
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Does COD Black Ops have a third person view mode in multiplayer?

KingOfTheJuice
11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
No. Nope. Nada. Uh Uh. No way. Not going to happen. FPS is a term for a reason.

Buxaroo
11-09-2010, 10:15 PM
This game is a waste of time until they release a patch to fix the stuttering problem. Game is unplayable with systems far exceeding the minimal requirements and all of this for a Direct X 9 game.....

Last time I ever buy a game with the Activision or Trevarch tag, they only care for the consoles and your an idiot if you think otherwise. Their history has proven it in the last 2 years. They didn't even bother to have a beta for this game, I should have known better, now I do.

sinblaster
11-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Big fail IMHO. Graphics were pretty good but still as a whole, FAIL.

Flam3_19
11-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Fact - Steam has f**ked this game up.
Info - Having Black Ops run without Steam = Brilliant game.

Taiza
11-10-2010, 03:18 AM
1 thing I don't understand.. I have max settings on MW2 but Black Ops on the lowest settings ever is still stuttering and crappy?

Nvidia 9600GT 1gb
3gb RAM
3.0Ghz Dual Core
Win Xp Sp3
Directx 9.0c
HDD, well over 50gb free

11-10-2010, 03:59 AM
1 thing I don't understand.. I have max settings on MW2 but Black Ops on the lowest settings ever is still stuttering and crappy?

Nvidia 9600GT 1gb
3gb RAM
3.0Ghz Dual Core
Win Xp Sp3
Directx 9.0c
HDD, well over 50gb free

well, your system is ok. Dont worry - there are just some problems in the perfomance-balance of BlackOps. We all waitin' for a big hotfix - and im sure, we'll get one in the next few hours/days... of course, just a hotfix

Taiza
11-10-2010, 05:10 AM
well, your system is ok. Dont worry - there are just some problems in the perfomance-balance of BlackOps. We all waitin' for a big hotfix - and im sure, we'll get one in the next few hours/days... of course, just a hotfix

Alrighties, I haz faith^^.

Hope it's fixed soon <3

xplay2.0
11-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Here's a frequently asked question: why's the game broken?

11-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Here's a frequently asked question: why's the game broken?

tell me, what's exactly broken? The whole game? stop kidding...
every game had some issues on the release... before you all start to cry, you should wait some days... developers are not machines...

but the thematic repeat everytime.. on every game...

lawlzomg
11-10-2010, 12:44 PM
is there a way to play with ppl that have a diffrent version of the game? i have the at version and my friend has the usk version but we can't join each other, i read that activision will fix it is that true?

11-10-2010, 01:28 PM
is there a way to play with ppl that have a diffrent version of the game? i have the at version and my friend has the usk version but we can't join each other, i read that activision will fix it is that true?

yeah, they have to fix this kind of "protocol-problem".
Sometimes it works, to play with ppl which use another version - sometimes not.. Mainly there is a problem with friends, which wanna invite you or join the game where you're playin' ... but im pretty sure, treyarch already work on a hotfix for the performance-unbalance and the protocol-problem.

lawlzomg
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Ty for the info mate
+rep

But i have another question, is it possible to play the at version in english?

11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Ty for the info mate
+rep

But i have another question, is it possible to play the at version in english?

ehmm... well... it should be possible... But please wait with replacing the german sound files with the english one.. because there's no official statement about the thematic.

But it COULD be possible, just to replace the files... but i think, we get a information about the possibility in the next few days... or some other ppl will try it. I just mean, dont risc a VAC-Bann, because of modifying the main-files...

lawlzomg
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
The question was kinda like this:Are the english files already included in the at version? So you can choose in which language you want to install the game.

11-10-2010, 01:47 PM
oh im sorry. Ok, so the AT version is a multi-language version too. So, i own the AT-Version too. And i see under "right-click on black ops -> properties -> lagnauge" all available languages... like russian, english, spanish, whatever... so try it.. it could work - but i dont know, which language-files steam will download, after changing the language. MAy its just the text in the game - or maybe the sounds too.... actually i dont know.. but there are all files on the AT-Version

lawlzomg
11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Did any at version owner already tried to set the language to english? or could you do it rob?

11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Did any at version owner already tried to set the language to english? or could you do it rob?

im sorry m8... but i change the language in the next few days... not today, or tomorrow... because first i enjoy the game, as much as possible (because of the perfomance) - i will do it after the first perfomance update maybe... or another one will do it...

lawlzomg
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
i asked in a german forum and they said it can be activated in german only :/

but yeh aslong they will fix the zombie mode thing, i will be happy.

bigsnake
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
you should wait some days... developers are not machines...

Yeah but still, that does not give treyarch the right to release a game to activision that obviously laggs like ♥♥♥♥ because they have messed up the code somewhere. I mean srsly, even the gamspot PC iterview had the lagg in and they are saying 'We didn't know about it' ?

CunningLinguist
11-10-2010, 03:46 PM
FACT: 60 bucks is 60 bucks too much for this game.

FACT: 99% of the content in MW2 was copied and pasted into this game.

FACT: PC > Console

epicphail
11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
The real FACTS AND INFORMATION ABOUT CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS - its broken don't buy it.

bigsnake
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
its broken don't buy it.

The word broken doesn't fit this matter, the word buggy and un-tested are the words you are looking for.

I have the feeling that the remaining members of infinity ward or activision may sue treyarch for copying and pasting all of it into the game.

Ironreign
11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Any chance of explaining what happens if pre-load is still locked? It's been two hours now. In Australia. Have restarted several times.

Damn man, I am sorry, hope everything sorts itself out.

Fleck
11-10-2010, 11:10 PM

I have the feeling that the remaining members of infinity ward or activision may sue treyarch for copying and pasting all of it into the game.

Whoa whoa whoa. Ice Cube wasn't in Modern Warfare 2. ICE CUBE.

Yup. All above arguments are hereby m*thaf*ckin nullified.

Papa Midnight
11-10-2010, 11:11 PM

(the standard edition will be also available for Wii & Nintendo DS(i) - but well... this kind of "standard-editions" are not the "standard" what we want )

So nice to know they care so greatly for the PC consumers out there....

FusedCore
11-10-2010, 11:24 PM
this might help with figuring out the issues http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1576983

11-11-2010, 06:52 AM
this might help with figuring out the issues http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1576983

i saw your thread already - and well, there are pretty less, useable information.
Also we get a hotfix in the next few hours for BlackOps. i would bet, in lesser than 8 hours. So the CPU-Problem could be fixed 'official' pretty soon.

oh and btw: why you bumping up your topic 5 million times? Its really annoying - if ppl wanna find a special thematic, they will take a look into your topic. So please, stop the bumping 10 times per day. Cheers.

Taiza
11-11-2010, 07:02 AM
i saw your thread already - and well, there are pretty less, useable information.
Also we get a hotfix in the next few hours for BlackOps. i would bet, in lesser than 8 hours. So the CPU-Problem could be fixed 'official' pretty soon.

oh and btw: why you bumping up your topic 5 million times? Its really annoying - if ppl wanna find a special thematic, they will take a look into your topic. So please, stop the bumping 10 times per day. Cheers.

You are my hero. I hope that hotfix will fix everything that is wrong =D

11-11-2010, 07:07 AM
You are my hero. I hope that hotfix will fix everything that is wrong =D

please, dont missunderstand me, m8. The first Hotfix will NOT fix EVERYTHING - a hotfix is a fast little patch, which fix the main-problems.
So the hotfix will solve the CPU-Usage problem, also: the Friend-Game-Protocoll-problem, and some network-connection problems.

its just a little-major-fix by developers.
To fix big problems as soon as possible :)

Taiza
11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
please, dont missunderstand me, m8. The first Hotfix will NOT fix EVERYTHING - a hotfix is a fast little patch, which fix the main-problems.
So the hotfix will solve the CPU-Usage problem, also: the Friend-Game-Protocoll-problem, and some network-connection problems.

its just a little-major-fix by developers.
To fix big problems as soon as possible :)
So we need to basically expect more patches to fix the other issues ^.^ Fair enough, it's at least better to wait for official fixes then try things yourself and then screw up xD

11-11-2010, 07:17 AM
So we need to basically expect more patches to fix the other issues ^.^ Fair enough, it's at least better to wait for official fixes then try things yourself and then screw up xD

thats correct. Its better to wait for official-developes fixes, instead of doing things by yourself.
To edit some points in your config is absolutely ok - but its stupid to whine and spamm in all forums...

the most ppl here dont get the point... and this spamming by them is just ridiculous... but anyway

Spyzzie
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM

oh and btw: why you bumping up your topic 5 million times? Its really annoying - if ppl wanna find a special thematic, they will take a look into your topic. So please, stop the bumping 10 times per day. Cheers. not trying to be an arsh or anything, but how exactly do you know that a hotfix is on its way? For all we know they're all playing on their xbox's laughing at our misery and don't give a sh*t about it..

Gristle
11-11-2010, 11:13 AM
not trying to be an arsh or anything, but how exactly do you know that a hotfix is on its way? For all we know they're all playing on their xbox's laughing at our misery and don't give a sh*t about it..

I agree. Sorry, but this game is not playable for me. I've upgraded my memory to 4 GB and got a new CPU from e6750 to an e8500, still got massive FPS drops. From 60+ to 4... and freeze.

The weapons are pretty lame, no wow effect there. Its all pre-WW2... okay that's not right, but all the weapons seam like they should be. I just wish they would have added more guns and maps to MW2 instead of this crap.

11-11-2010, 11:55 AM
not trying to be an arsh or anything, but how exactly do you know that a hotfix is on its way? For all we know they're all playing on their xbox's laughing at our misery and don't give a sh*t about it..

well, they are allready workin' on a hotfix - its official. So you can believe me, m8 :)

But hey, let the console-gamers laugh - we still have dedicated servers and many more features. So its ok - if the game is balanced by some updates, we will laugh about them :D ;)

Give treyarch some time to develope a good hotfix. We all want a good game - and that needs some time.

dpscmi
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Has anyone ever really considered hard drive usage? Has anyone else ever experienced "joiner lag" in other games? I can almost guarantee that's what part of this lag issue is. Sure other things may be involved, but try shutting down everything else that may use your hard drive and see what happens. I've found that after a couple minutes of playing and running around the map, most of the lag is gone because much of it is loaded.

I've also changed the multi-gpu and multi-cpu settings to fit my computer, and have been met with great results. I'm playing on a C2D P8400/9800M GTS (yes, a 2-3 year old gaming laptop) and 1920x1080 with very little lag after everything has loaded. I'm still plagued with some network issues (router crashes now & then due to high traffic from the game), but otherwise the game has become largely playable for me.

Taiza
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks Rob:de for at least keeping us updated thorugh this time, you really are helpfull =D

It runs like butter on toast

11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks Rob:de for at least keeping us updated thorugh this time, you really are helpfull =D

It runs like butter on toast

well, you're welcome. The internet is pretty courious - so i thought some ppl needs a kind of guide and answers.
There are to many speculations in the web ;)

and well yes, since the lil hotfix, the game is running really great :)

Elions
11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
does anyone know WHY is it that on windowed mode the game stutters/blinks with a fully black screen? it's still playable but it gets annoying

11-12-2010, 12:09 AM
does anyone know WHY is it that on windowed mode the game stutters/blinks with a fully black screen? it's still playable but it gets annoying

window-modes are everytime more laggy than the fullscreen...

mOpss
11-13-2010, 01:45 AM
My PC should run this at full hd !
An its a fail !!

dpscmi
11-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Full hd?

Must be a console player lol...

11-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Full hd?

Must be a console player lol...

lol why?
my screen allow me to play in full HD too.
The Resolution: 1920x1080

I have a Notebook bock with a external screen, keyboard and mouse.
atm im playin on the resolution: 1680x1050
so im playin' on 1050i - and it runs very smooth. 50-60 FPS normally.. so since the released hotfixes, the game is pretty playable

piXelman
11-13-2010, 06:36 AM

window-modes are everytime more laggy than the fullscreen...

I play 1600x1024 windowed all the time and its just as smooth as fullscreen. I do this because it makes using my dual-screens much easier. I don't get any black blinks, Elions.

Playerp228
11-13-2010, 06:57 AM
I play only in windowed mode, without any problems. Cant think of any other way to get my 15$/month worth out of Netflix.

Not right now though, I think the internet might be down.

MylesMDT
11-13-2010, 09:13 AM
It would be nice if they could include a "Borderless Window" mode, like some of the other Steam titles.

Multi-monitor rigs are wasted if you have to use full-screen mode.

SmileyZA
11-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Would be nice if I could actually play this game.

11-14-2010, 11:49 AM

you can't?
why?

Spify
11-14-2010, 01:15 PM
you can't?
why?

Are you seriously asking this?

dvsilverwing
11-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Agreed.

Also, Rob: DE for forum mod, 2010!

11-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Agreed.

Also, Rob: DE for forum mod, 2010!

i'm feelin' honored :)

may i should write a application :)

Elions
11-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Am i the only person getting this blinking while playing on windowed mode? seriously? i've seen no one else even bother with it, i've posted 2 threads already here and submitted a ticket to activision with no response at all D:

also yes, i updated my drivers, it was the first thing i tried

piXelman
11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Elions, I've not heard of your problem before. But it does sound like drivers or faulty hardware.

Try this: if using nVidia, choose the "custom" setting when installing. Custom has an option to do a 'clean' install, which can fix problems like this. If using ATI, uninstall drivers & use driver sweeper, then reinstall drivers.

Ramrod2010
11-15-2010, 11:07 PM
FACT:

Black Ops is the worst COD game ever.

Sounds like crap, looks like crap, plays like crap and the list goes on.

My drivers are updated, my computer is over speced for the game so dont go that route saying my resolution is messed and my computer cant handle it. It can.

It really is just garbage, a horrible game!! I am sure im not the only one looking for contact information for Treyarch...because it seems to have disappeared on their website.

dpeters911
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
FACT:

My drivers are updated, my computer is over speced for the game so dont go that route saying my resolution is messed and my computer cant handle it. It can.

It really is just garbage, a horrible game!! I am sure im not the only one looking for contact information for Treyarch...because it seems to have disappeared on their website.
I'm so glad I'm playing a different game that looks better than MW2, sounds better than MW2, and plays better (now) than MW2 did.

sarojz
11-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Wow, does anybody have a comprehensive listing of all the PC bugs and glitches users are reporting? The sticky just gives general problems but doesn't go into detail. Also I've only experienced one weird glitch while playing single player: I noted Mason gets stuck in the floor boards up to his armpits sometimes when he squats or goes prone. I have to jump or hit squat to get him out. Other than that, nothing.
My specs:
GTX 275 OC, Geforce 258.96
Intel i7 930 OC'd 4.1
Asus P6T(x58)
6gigs triple mem 10600
Windows 7 64bit

piXelman
11-16-2010, 03:23 AM
I am sure im not the only one looking for contact information for Treyarch...because it seems to have disappeared on their website.
The contact info is "hidden" under the History dropdown at top left of their homepage.

kampia
11-17-2010, 12:18 AM
FACT:

Actually is 60% exactly like mw2 but with better graphics and different ingame content

maximuskain
11-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh I'm pretty sure that people who are cursing now will worship Treyarch once the patch is out and everything returns to normal. I've grown tired of complaining last week so I'm just patiently waiting for the promised patch so I can ONLY PLAY WHAT I'VE PAID FOR SINCE NOVEMBER 11!!!!!!!

You know what sucks? These websites giving this game a high score. Really it should have been a 7.5 because of the stability problems, I mean, a ton of good PC games got $h!tlo@ds of crap just by being unstable, I don't understand why Blacks Ops gets a free pass.

They should have indicated that the game only works on Intel Core i7 and the equivalent processor and that those with lower specifications should wait for the patch to be released.

johnston9234
11-17-2010, 04:27 PM
ive gotta say this game is alot better on console. I was looking forward to playing this on my PC because we get dedicated servers but the preformance is really bad on the PC version
oh well

maximuskain
11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
minimum Specs:

Intel Core i5 or the equivalent. Nuff said.

delfinof
11-19-2010, 06:41 AM
i am russian?please say me, make i say here forum in russian language?

maximuskain
11-19-2010, 01:04 PM

I don't think you can adjust languages. Sorry.

Ummm......Why would you like to speak in russian if more than half of the people will not understand what you want to say?

Gilgamar
11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Because his Russian is much better than his English?

Ceropainz
11-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Wow...I need to buy the steam online via steam to play online?! BULL♥♥♥♥!!!!! if that's right, thats why i couldn't play online (i bought the game in a store...) T.T

piXelman
11-20-2010, 01:22 AM

Try google translate: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=ru&u=http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D1524503%26page%3D8

piXelman
11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Wow...I need to buy the steam online via steam to play online?! BULL♥♥♥♥!!!!! if that's right, thats why i couldn't play online (i bought the game in a store...) T.T

Who told you this? It is not correct. You just need to USE Steam to play, not buy it through Steam. I bought mine elsewhere also, and play online (with Steam) just fine.

EmBoLa.be
11-20-2010, 03:06 AM

nononon, i have bought it from a local store, and it asks steam to install, all you have to do is activate the key with steam, and install by using cd verification not online or if you want to download a huge amounts of gb, then its your choise, cheers :D

AgenttiKiivi
11-20-2010, 07:05 AM
heres a little fun known fact THE GAME SUCKS F*ING A*S!!

BlackOps™
11-20-2010, 12:44 PM
heres a little fun known fact THE GAME SUCKS F*ING A*S!!

lol.:p

Zing
11-20-2010, 01:11 PM
wrong forum

moosekaw
11-20-2010, 08:34 PM
i was fed up with the whole series after knives and tubes in mw2, treyarch brought stuff like gungame in and it was fun when i rented it for 360.
now ive bought a broken game. awesome.
e:
fact: this game is $60 worth of unplayable nothingness

Melissia
11-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Does Treyarch intend to add the console back in? Sucks that they removed it. Though it was annoyingly missing a connect command.

Gilgamar
11-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Multiplayer still has the console.