PDA

View Full Version : The Ball. Single player only. Seriously?

EEs
10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
As I love Tripwire games, like Killing floor, I love then more when I can play them with my friends.

Now I see their new game, The Ball, I am hugely disappointed at them. Singe Player only.

I know you can do better than that, Tripwire Interactive.

spyre
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
It wasn't made by tripwire they are just publishing it. And what would you do in multiplayer anyway since everyone would have a giant ball. Use some common sense.

Yoshiro
10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
The Ball is an excellent single player title. I'd go as far to saw it is the best single player in any Tripwire product to date easily.

You can read Teotl's thoughts on multiplayer in The Ball in this interview: http://thereticule.com/2010/10/a-chat-about-the-ball/

bstard
10-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Is it brown, is it salty? Nah this title looks nice, Portal-lish, so nice. Keep up the good work Trippingwire.

EEs
10-22-2010, 03:35 AM
The Ball is an excellent single player title. I'd go as far to saw it is the best single player in any Tripwire product to date easily.

Well of course you would say it's excellent. You work for Tripwire :P
Also, isn't it the only single player game by Tripwire?

Is it brown, is it salty? Nah this title looks nice, Portal-lish, so nice. Keep up the good work Trippingwire.

With limited time and resources I would rather spend them at something I could play with my friends, like killing floor.
But I agree, it does look nice.

It wasn't made by tripwire they are just publishing it. And what would you do in multiplayer anyway since everyone would have a giant ball. Use some common sense.

I haven't even looked at much at the game. I was too disappointed with single player only

I did not understand it was not made by tripwire, but I see that now.

Gameslaya
03-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Well of course you would say it's excellent. You work for Tripwire :P

First of all, ad-hominem: circumstantial.

With limited time and resources I would rather spend them at something I could play with my friends, like killing floor.
But I agree, it does look nice.

Killing Floor is already a complete game and even has a ton of user created content.

I haven't even looked at much at the game. I was too disappointed with single player only

I'd hate to call you a dumbass, but there is no way that The Ball would be a good multiplayer title. Play the game, then come back to us and try to convince us that this game NEEDS a multiplayer component. Don't judge a game that you haven't played for lacking features that you think it needs.

Aura891
04-21-2011, 02:49 AM
First of all, ad-hominem: circumstantial.

Killing Floor is already a complete game and even has a ton of user created content.

I'd hate to call you a dumbass, but there is no way that The Ball would be a good multiplayer title. Play the game, then come back to us and try to convince us that this game NEEDS a multiplayer component. Don't judge a game that you haven't played for lacking features that you think it needs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, the game "could" do a multiplayer, or rather co-op, similar to Portal 2, there would really be nothing strange about it, and it could be done is different ways, either two balls, two characters, or one ball, two characters, both trying to trigger different parts of the map at once and working together to achieve puzzles, etc.

But it certainly doesn't "need" multiplayer