PDA

View Full Version : MAXIS, where are you!?

bigred78
10-21-2010, 01:37 AM
I wish MAXIS/EA or whoever is running MAXIS these days if it still exists would please oh pretty please take this poor excuse for a city builder, kill it and make something good instead.

:mad:

Ric666
10-21-2010, 02:09 AM
lol...You will never see another simcity game unfortunately. Never! so get used to that idea. :p
Maxis are owned by EA who are so busy making money out of the sims that no other game type will be made again by them.

+ will wright(the brains behind simcity) has moved onto new & bizarre projects. See link
http://www.stupidfunclub.com

Acturas
10-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Maxis was dissolved in like, 2006...
The only chance we have of a new simcity game is if some indie developer makes CitySim 5000

bigred78
10-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Will Wright, what's happened to you?

You've got a background in architecture, which is not surprising considering what you made (Simcity, Simearth, the Sims, etc). Yet after seeing this I can't see the point in what your doing.

SPORE was one game I really didn't like. Never got into it and found it way too cartoony for my liking.

EA, you bought up maxis and killed, bravo, you really know how to screw things up, old new, i know but still.

MY wife loves the sims, when she has some time to kill she'll fire up the sims 2 or three and play a bit. However, when talking to a Sims lover like my wife you'll be unhappy to note that She and alot of other still prefer sims 2 more than sims 3, more fun and a bit less complicated. Less restrictions and more 3rd party stuff was always available anyhow, like why would i want to PAY for the same hat in 10 different colours?

Anywho, just ranting but, I miss SIMcity and wish some group of professional programmers would make Simsity (5)000. I'd buy it for 60$-70$ OR MORE if it was well made and open ended, moddable to boot if possible.

If anyone in the business out there is listening, just thinking.

:o

Hunter-Killer
11-04-2010, 03:49 AM
City building games are too much of a niche market to publishers to care about it.

Hanse00
12-31-2010, 10:30 PM
you'r all right, simcity was great i still love to sit back and play simcity 4, might not have been 3d and all but i was thought trough, fun, and most importantly my simcity 4 game has not one time since 2003 (i think it is) crashed. just saying

KHARGEN
01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Creo que este simulador esta mas enfocado ah los grupos sociales, mas que al crecimiento de una ciudad, como simcity 4.

Personalmente me sigue gustando mas simcity 4 que este cities xl, pero reconozco que este juego tiene un enfoque gráfico y social que lo hace interesante y que vale la pena jugarlo.

No_wander_off
03-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Creo que este simulador esta mas enfocado ah los grupos sociales, mas que al crecimiento de una ciudad, como simcity 4.

Personalmente me sigue gustando mas simcity 4 que este cities xl, pero reconozco que este juego tiene un enfoque gráfico y social que lo hace interesante y que vale la pena jugarlo.

I think this simulator it's more focused on social groups than city growth, like Simcity 4 did.

Personally i still like Simcity 4 more than Cities XL, but i recognize that this game has a graphic and social focus that makes it very interesting and worth playing.

--------

just translatin', it was bugging me.

Link-To-This
05-22-2011, 11:53 AM
EA, you bought up maxis and killed, bravo, you really know how to screw things up, old new, i know but still.

Don't forget What they did to WestWood :(

Megawizard
05-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't forget What they did to WestWood :(

Here I didn't think my blood was going to boil today. Thanks for that. XD

gjork
05-22-2011, 08:42 PM
City building games are too much of a niche market to publishers to care about it.

Niche you say? Then explain the below because it ranks near the top of best selling games. If it is considered niche now it is because today's youth all have ADD and are more interest in being sexting pervs than using their brain.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games

SimCity 3000 (5 million; includes Sim City 3000 Unlimited edition)

roguekiller2323
05-31-2011, 08:28 PM
it's not 100% dead in the water, in July 2010 EA bought the domain name for SimCity5.com so they must have done it for some reason.

all i now is that it's probably not going to be any time soon, maybe 5-10 years they might.

Keitosha
06-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Don't forget What they did to WestWood :(And Bullfrog! Bye bye Syndicate, Theme Park, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper......

gjork
06-02-2011, 07:55 AM
I read some time ago that there is a new Syndicate game in development.