PDA

View Full Version : Please play more Player Matches!

tpg0007
10-22-2010, 11:09 AM
There are more game types and variety. The only thing you lose out on is rank, which confers no benefit other than bragging rights. If you couldn't find a player match just host one yourself.

estoopi
10-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I created a Player Match last night.

After about 15 minutes. I was up to 7 people.

Then 1 guy left.
Then 1 guy came in shortly after...
Then that guy left.

So now I had 6..

I started the match. The match was fun.

Back in the lobby, i was about to hit rematch but 3 of the people left.

So now i had 3 people.

After about 5 minutes... we had 4 people.

Then 2 people left.

Then the last person left.

So yeah.. i spent about 30 minutes in a lobby total.. for a single 3 vs 3 player match. :o

Come on People have some patience.

skolfy
10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
ill play in player matches (player name is skolfy)

c-chan
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I will gladly play player matches, it's just that always when I check them there isn't any.

Player Match > ranked. Just remember to activate abilities please.

Trying to join ranked / Player match as I edit this post now...I've seen 2 other players online.

Whoopy ♥♥♥♥ing doo.

estoopi
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I will gladly play player matches, it's just that always when I check them there isn't any.

Trying to join ranked / Player match as I edit this post now...I've seen 2 other players online.

Whoopy ♥♥♥♥ing doo.

Even thought steam states there are 300+ people playing right now. hmmmm... why is this...:confused:

c-chan
10-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Even thought steam states there are 300+ people playing right now. hmmmm... why is this...:confused:

It's bull♥♥♥♥. I could barely find 7 people just now and the match ended up being 3v4. I left before it began. I've had enough of uneven matches.

I wish there were player matches with more people.

Guerilla1
10-23-2010, 01:44 AM
its 9:43am GMT right now will be trying to play multiplayer all day, will defo be making or trying to join player matches hit me up ^^ ..game name Gueriilla1

Lady Fortune
10-23-2010, 01:54 AM
And depending on the map, completely remove or reduce the number of VSs that'll spawn.

c-chan
10-23-2010, 07:14 AM
And depending on the map, completely remove or reduce the number of VSs that'll spawn.

This indeed.

I've been trying to find a game again...seen 3 people in a ranked game and no player matches at all...I'm not impressed.

EDIT: And when you finally do find games, it's always Elimination, the most boring and mindless zergfest there is. Why?

Lady Fortune
10-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Because people just want to mindlessly shoot each other. They don't want to think beyond holding m1 whenever they see someone else that's not themselves.

The same reason why I always saw Deathmatchs in Lead and Gold instead of teamplay based maps where you had some objectives besides shooting everyone you see.

NeryK
10-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Judging from these forums' activity and steam global stats (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/) player count (at the moment current:124 peak today:296), I'd say there simply are not that many players. Of course this problem is made worse by the digital/retail incompatibility, but the fact remains that the game did not sell well on consoles, there is unfortunately no reason the PC version should be any different.
Too bad, because despite its flaws (pointed out by many somewhat harsh reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lost-planet-2)), the game is very entertaining.

c0nbine
10-25-2010, 03:38 PM
man, I would GLADLY host player matches.. i just don't have much of a pool of players to do this for! i'm still here waiting for the patch... i'm hesitantly considering getting that.. crack patch, since it (maybe?) works! I just hope it doesn't get people bant.

Shadezuyo
10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
the patch works, and what it seems is that it makes ur LP2 like not associated with steam at all, which means i think they wont find you that uve somehow "hacked" the game

edit: oh and the ranked players games has increased by dno 500% more players? after the patch. The more people who do it the more we keep growing to the place which were MEANT to be in the first place. So go on =)

tpg0007
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I borrowed the PS3 version to see how multiplayer is. It's pretty awesome to see 16 players in a match but downside is the control is horrible, especially after getting use to the ease of mouse aiming and one-key evade.

Sliph
10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
man, I would GLADLY host player matches.. i just don't have much of a pool of players to do this for! i'm still here waiting for the patch... i'm hesitantly considering getting that.. crack patch, since it (maybe?) works! I just hope it doesn't get people bant.

seems that it may, the person who posted the link was banned and I can't even find the post anymore. Pretty lame. Guess it doesn't matter i paid for a broken game, heaven forbid i "break teh rules" to fix it:rolleyes:

chilloutski
11-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Thought Id bump this since the new patch is out and everyone (whos still playing it) can play together now.

Lobby system is MUCH better in Player matches. And like the OP said, more variety. Some pretty sweet Akrid VS on some maps.

More Player matches please! :D

Lady Fortune
11-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Sadly, the only thing people care about is spamming grenades in ranked to get kills and get career points and rank promotion.

You'll never see people in Player Matches, let alone Faction, ever.