PDA

View Full Version : Crashing after first cut scene

trgz
10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Ok, so I fixed the problem where it wouldn't run at all (by moving 'My Documents' temporarily to it's default location) but I now get a total lockup or crash at what I believe to be the end of the first cut scene.
I've tried dropping all the settings to their lowest (including turning off the Physx), I have the latest drivers, I've checked the integrity of the GCF's, GFW seems to be offline and my machine is more than capable of running it (I played the demo happily) so I'm now stumped, and it seems like I'm not the only one.
Anybody got a solution? (no guesses please!)
Thanks
Update: it seems that GFW was still running and when I realised this I immediately signed out and it's now past that scene - but will it work when I log back in?...
Update 2 - if I try to log back into GFW (so I can save my progress - is it too much to ask?) then it immediately takes me back to the start screen to restart and guess what? it crashes after the fist cut-scene - WTF?! with the emphasis on F

trgz
10-22-2010, 02:42 PM
It's the same reason as before - My docs temporarily restored to 'default' which has resolved the issue but I need it back where it was - hope I don't have to do this each time or I might have to resort to some form of batch file or even to Hardlinks / Junctions.